Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO Coding Corner
You last visited: Today at 04:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

What is the state of source-released packet-based silkroad tools?

Discussion on What is the state of source-released packet-based silkroad tools? within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What is the state of source-released packet-based silkroad tools?

I've started developing some silkroad tools. As a small first project, all I want to do is allow the user to log either client or clientless, and do a little alchemy.

As of now, I've found the source of just 3 projects. One is an autostalling tool, another is an alchemy tool that seems to be related to CenterBot, and the last is DaxterSoul's gracious release of his clientless to client sample app. These are pretty helpful, but I'm having trouble even using them to launch the client then manually log into a silkroad server. They all seem to be using the same pair of DLLs: a silkroasecurityapi and another like zlib or something.

A couple concrete questions:
  1. How can I figure out a server's gateway address?
  2. What other source code exists out there?
  3. Is there any documentation out there for the general way these applications work?
  4. What are the common compatibility issues between a silkroad tool and silkroad versions? For example, it seems like iSRO has some improved security that makes developing tools for it harder than the typical private server.
  5. How does clientless differ from client applications?
  6. What are some things that are currently not possible to do in silkroad through these packet-based tools?

Thanks so much!

Old 01/08/2019, 19:24   #2

1. From Media.pk2, it has the configuration of the connection.
  2. Source code for what? If it's about packets, then you already got a bunch of them, so why are you asking for other source codes! However, you can search yourself, there's a lot of source codes shared on EPVP.
  3. No idea.
  4. I think the packet structure may be different at the other versions.
  5. Actually there's no difference, the clientless is a client either, which just doesn't open the game and doesn't load game data from .pk2 files, although you will need them with some packets.
  6. Everything that a normal client does as a user is possible as a packet-based tool such as moving, exchange, stall, attacking..etc.

Old 01/08/2019, 19:42   #3

4. iSRO has dynamic opcodes iirc. And you gotta deal with the anti cheat protection. No clue how tough it is.
5. You have to send a keep alive packet. Other than that. No big differences at all.
6. There are no limitations.
Old 01/08/2019, 21:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by #HB View Post
Source code for what? If it's about packets, then you already got a bunch of them, so why are you asking for other source codes! However, you can search yourself, there's a lot of source codes shared on EPVP.
Thanks for the info. I was just asking for more so I could see more uses/examples. To try to learn some more. Especially since I was struggling to adapt the current applications I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqdev View Post
4. iSRO has dynamic opcodes iirc. And you gotta deal with the anti cheat protection. No clue how tough it is.
5. You have to send a keep alive packet. Other than that. No big differences at all.
6. There are no limitations.
4. Oh ok, good to know.
5. Alright. I thought the packet proxy stuff used the client by some hooks or something. How does this all work with clientless?

Old 01/09/2019, 03:12   #5

elite*gold: 95
Quote:
5. Alright. I thought the packet proxy stuff used the client by some hooks or something. How does this all work with clientless?
When we create clientless we don't have to hook anything since its "clientless" it's only require creating a socket, connect it to IP and port of gateway and agent server and deal with the packets (sending and receive) Ofc with something like silkroadsecurityapi
Old 01/09/2019, 04:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by $WeGs View Post
When we create clientless we don't have to hook anything since its "clientless" it's only require creating a socket, connect it to IP and port of gateway and agent server and deal with the packets (sending and receive) Ofc with something like silkroadsecurityapi
Oh wow, thats surprisingly simple!

Ok, here are some of my concrete problems:

1. With this "AlchemyTool" source im playing with, it starts the client fine. It seems to successfully overwrite process memory (im guessing because at the bottom left of the SRO login screen, it says something other than the version number, and in blue). Also, the console is logging all packets transmitted between server, proxy, and client. I can manually enter my login info in the SRO client and I get to the character selection screen. When i choose my character and hit start, the client freezes and the application console prints an error: "Error!Unique Ids dont match!". I understand this might not mean much to you. For a bit more info, the reason he prints this is because he's trying to compare the "Global.Player.General.UniqueID" to data that has come in the Server WorldClock packet. I dont understand why the client crashes.

2. I have some other source that I must've modified before. Anyways, my whole starting of the loader code looks functionally similar to that of the AlchemyTool code. The problem is, the proxy doesnt seem to be seeing any of the packets. Any idea why that would be?

3. A really helpful thing would be a high-ish level of how these general tools work that use this similar code base. For example, a list of steps like "They start the client process. The client is redirected to communicate with another IP via a codecave <more details..>. Some other memory of the running client is modified to allow multiclienting."
Old 01/09/2019, 06:49   #7

You're not talking about client less here, it's just a proxy that redirect the connection that way "client < ->proxy(alchemytool) <-> server" , you can check something like pushedx's edxloader he released its source times ago
Old 01/09/2019, 16:03   #8

Right. I know this isn't specifically clientless.

Ok. Are most of these tools just copying code from there?
Old 01/09/2019, 16:10   #9

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsnip3r View Post
Right. I know this isn't specifically clientless.

Ok. Are most of these tools just copying code from there?
Many tools are just copypasted or "heavily inspired" by zBot. I can't recommend doing so. The source code is simply horrific.
Old 01/09/2019, 18:03   #10

Is there any problem with zbot? Or is it just a lot of cases of poor programming practices with some people who reuse it? I.e. is it reasonable to clean it up and use it? Or is it better to go with something like the edx loader?
Old 01/09/2019, 19:36   #11

Learn the theory and do the coding yourself. Don't copy paste code from other projects. You won't benefit from that.
Old 01/10/2019, 00:32   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqdev View Post
Learn the theory and do the coding yourself. Don't copy paste code from other projects. You won't benefit from that.
Sure, but it's also pretty easy to learn from working examples. I'm definitely not just copying and pasting. I'm just pretty new to all this, so the primary source of knowledge i know of is just released source code. Is there a place where pushedx has his notes and sources released?

I think i found source code of edxloader. Or at least an edxSilkroadLoader_Lite and edxSilkroadDll_Lite. Are these what im looking for?
Old 01/10/2019, 05:03   #13

Most of pushedx's releases are (c++)

You can get the idea from his src if you have a knowledge of c++ , maybe you can create your own loader to redirect your client to xx IP, port.
Most of none clientless tools here were using projecthex's phconnector to redirect the client packets to their tools.
Old 01/10/2019, 15:35   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by $WeGs View Post
Most of pushedx's releases are (c++)

You can get the idea from his src if you have a knowledge of c++ , maybe you can create your own loader to redirect your client to xx IP, port.
Most of none clientless tools here were using projecthex's phconnector to redirect the client packets to their tools.
So then zbot was based on phconnector? Why aren't many of them based on pushedx's code?
Old 01/10/2019, 16:06   #15

Forget about this "is x is based on y?". It does not matter

« [Re-Release] Clientless->Client sample | [WIP] Get SRO Source Code - by re-writing it »