Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 20:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]Port Forwarding won't work.

Discussion on [Help]Port Forwarding won't work. within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help]Port Forwarding won't work.

Hello guys,

As I am trying to portforward my server to make it public, I ran up to the "Cannot connect to login server" error right when I launch game. I have tried and searched for a full day now, but nothing seems to help, not even a slight bit. Before port forwarding I was able to run the game on localhost and actually play on it without problems. What did I do?:
1. Changed the GamePublicIP on PS_Game.ini from PSM_Client/Bin/Config file from 127.0.0.1 to my IP adress from whatismyip.com
2. Changed the GamePublicIP on Server Patch Config from 127.0.0.1 to the same as #1
3. Changed my game.exe IP from 127.0.0.1 to same as #1 and #2.
4. Allowed 30800 and 30810 ports (TCP only) on my router.
5. Allowed 30800 and 30810 ports (TCP only aswell) on my Firewall, both windows Firewall and Kaspersky, both incoming and outgoing.

Yet it is still giving the Cannot connect to login server error. Did I maybe overlook something? I can not get ingame from host PC neither from another PC. The logs don't give me any (specific) error. And the Server Patch Config stays on Play aswell. (I also tried to shutdown the virus scanner and firewalls but didn't work aswell, still got the error.)

PS: I am on a Windows 8 system using SQL 2008 R2 SP1

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've found port 30800 to be open, same goes for 30810.
Now we found something which said we should use the skill fix from LPH. It still didn't work, but did give me some weird stuff in the Session log. Just can't figure out what it means.

bump

bump
Old 04/21/2014, 22:56   #2

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 5,709
Arrow Shaiya Private Server -> Shaiya PServer Development

#moved
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2014, 03:18   #3

Bump, somehow it won't work.

on Local IP it is working, but once I switch to public IP, it won't. Required ports are open though.

Btw, ty for moving, didn't see I posted in the wrong section, sorry for that @Autrux.
Old 04/22/2014, 11:14   #4

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Are you trying to connect from the same network as the server is on ? That won't work.
Also, are you sure you're forwarding the ports to the machine the server is on ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2014, 14:57   #5

Yes, I opened the ports for the machine the server is on. But somehow the router was being a bish and the ports were still filtered. Got it working now, as another problem was an error in the linked servers. Can get ingame and all now from another network.

Btw, is it somehow possible to get ingame on the host PC? (Virtual box maybe?)
Old 04/22/2014, 15:09   #6

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
I don't think so, last time I tried (about a year ago) it failed, and it makes sense, so I didn't dig any further. I know you can do that using Hamachi, but I never tried it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/23/2014, 07:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prideness View Post
Hello guys,

As I am trying to portforward my server to make it public, I ran up to the "Cannot connect to login server" error right when I launch game. I have tried and searched for a full day now, but nothing seems to help, not even a slight bit. Before port forwarding I was able to run the game on localhost and actually play on it without problems. What did I do?:
1. Changed the GamePublicIP on PS_Game.ini from PSM_Client/Bin/Config file from 127.0.0.1 to my IP adress from whatismyip.com
2. Changed the GamePublicIP on Server Patch Config from 127.0.0.1 to the same as #1
3. Changed my game.exe IP from 127.0.0.1 to same as #1 and #2.
4. Allowed 30800 and 30810 ports (TCP only) on my router.
5. Allowed 30800 and 30810 ports (TCP only aswell) on my Firewall, both windows Firewall and Kaspersky, both incoming and outgoing.

Yet it is still giving the Cannot connect to login server error. Did I maybe overlook something? I can not get ingame from host PC neither from another PC. The logs don't give me any (specific) error. And the Server Patch Config stays on Play aswell. (I also tried to shutdown the virus scanner and firewalls but didn't work aswell, still got the error.)

PS: I am on a Windows 8 system using SQL 2008 R2 SP1

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've found port 30800 to be open, same goes for 30810.
Now we found something which said we should use the skill fix from LPH. It still didn't work, but did give me some weird stuff in the Session log. Just can't figure out what it means.

bump

bump
Change the PublicIP here:
SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Config =>ps_login.ini
SERVER\PSM_Server\ShaiyaServerPatch\Config\Game01\ PS_Game=>ps_login.ini

It is very important that you must have a static IP, which means that's how much time refresh in whatismyip, it would not change.

Besides PF is not a main tool, you must open modem ports manually