Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 06:04

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

My Latest Idea/Concept

Reply
 
Old   #31
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
ok 1 point for each of you..
You both tie..
Now back to topic.

Wouldn't it be cool for someone to come up with a system for Rohan that isn't dependent on that "******" forge system and either do bosses or go to another server...

Main reason a lot of people don't join ****** rohan p.servers anymore is because you have 1 or 2 main guilds camping bosses and the rest of the hundreds of players are just food for pvp....

That's why if u have 5 servers... you'll have 100 people on each server...

No one wants to join a fcking p.server and be food for pvp..

Create a system where everyone can farm without the worry about pvp (ele dungeon) and you will have a server overflowing with players as everyone can increase their strength.

Make use of Blazing Temple Relic Quests... Increase those rings so players can quest for better ring without giving a **** about boss respawn time..
Make use of Elemental Dungeon.. Create a system where bosses drop accessories so players won't have to worry about the top guilds stealing their bosses and they remain useless till they quit and find another rohan to try.
Make use of the IP System in such a way that players can buy rings so bosses won't be the only source of power..

Making boss farming the main source of power is a mistake that every server has done and is the reason why 600 people are divided into 5 or 6 different servers instead of all joining one..



peinful is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #32
 
elite*gold: 20
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 84
Received Thanks: 5
I have donated 300 Usd in Rohan 2.0 for founding packs.
And I get that again.
everything is right expired and nobody has been exploited or withdrawn.
Dreto what you say is bullshit^^


Druex3 is offline  
Old   #33
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
Received Thanks: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Some of you might know that my last big "idea" was to remove % stats on gear and replace them with 1:1 equivalent + stats. Whilst this worked better than I thought it would, with genuinely amazing balance, it required too many mods to too many files to make sure it ran properly.

After a break away from this game, I had a sudden epiphany at work, another great idea. I thought I would extract all my backed up Rohan files and see if I could get it to work. I have and I like the results.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a server which is in development. This is "theorycrafting" by me, an exercise to see how we can change the base experience of the game to make it fresh and more exciting. What I show here might never appear on a pserver and if it does, I might not be involved with it.

Ok so, Rohan without any kind of random forging, where all of your mob drops are graded as common, rare, unique, ancient and legendary. No frustrating success or fail, no being fucked over by option stone rolls.

Don't panic too much though, "common" items will still be totally usable and any skilled player will be able to get by in PvP with them. So what's the crack with the item grades then?

Well, all drops will have their primary stat built in. Here is how the last few swords work:

[Common] Imperial Cutlass - 40% melee attack
[Rare] Grinden's War Sword - 45% melee attack
[Unique] Stedman's Sword - 50% melee attack
[Ancient] Meister's Glory - 55% melee attack
[Legendary] Time's Scar - 60% melee attack


What else will differentiate them? Common weapons will have 1 socket, rare will have 2, unique 3, ancient 4 and legendary 5. Don't panic though, you won't have to craft spirit stones because these drop the same way that the weapons do. For example:

[Common] Incense Burner of Marea - 22% DD
[Rare] Incense Burner of Marea - 29% DD
[Unique] Incense Burner of Marea - 36% DD
[Ancient] Incense Burner of Marea - 43% DD
[Legendary] Incense Burner of Marea - 50% DD


Whatever grade weapon you have, you can put any grade spirit stone into the socket. If you socket a Rare Burner and later manage to obtain an Ancient Burner, you can overwrite the Rare burner. You'll lose the Rare Burner though so be careful where you put your high grade spirit stones! Once they're socketted, they're in. These spirit stones have no time limit to them and will remain until they are overwritten by socketting another stone over it. You can overwrite a spirit stone with another of the same type or a completely different type but you can't have 2 of the same type installed in the same weapon.

As an example, if you managed to find a [Legendary] Time's Scar and 5 legendary spirit stones you could have (as a maximum example):

[Legendary] Time's Scar - 60% melee, 5 sockets
[Legendary] Incense Burner of Marea - 50% DD
[Legendary] Water Bottle of Marea - 15% Crit
[Legendary] Leaf of Ohn - 30% Attack Speed
[Legendary] Spear of Roha - 30% Weapon Attack
[Legendary] Flag of Roha - 30% Armor Defense


Don't worry though, Legendary drops won't be easy to get. Probably as frequest as SES on iRohan. Other grade drops will be dropped enough for the best gameplay experience with balance in mind.

I'm using this same graded philosophy for pets. No fused pets. You'll need to feed it so that it still provides its bonuses for you but it will never level up. Its bonuses are decided by its grade. For example:

[Common] Honey Bear - 10% HP
[Rare] Honey Bear - 16% HP
[Unique] Honey Bear - 22% HP
[Ancient] Honey Bear - 28% HP
[Legendary] Honey Bear - 35% HP


Same goes for mounts with common to legendary going 60, 70, 80, 90, 100% mobility. All mounts will have SZ and dungeon riding but only Unique+ will have anti-crit dismount. Want to see players riding their race specific mounts again but all-race mounts will still be out there.

So what are your thoughts on this concept? Feel free to ask any questions you might have. I don't really have an end goal right now but I'd really like some of the wannabe devs out there to sit up and listen. There's so much more to this game than editing a few values for the IP mall. For fuck sake start being creative and look into the files!

I'll have some screenshots and videos up soon as proof of concept stuff. Needless to say that everything I've written here so far does work as described but it would be nice for you to see it all working. I'm just in the process of making new item icons for it all so it looks nice.

So Tony Montana and all you other pretend devs, it might be too late now but you can still get your fingers out of your ass and do something worthwhile, if you do actually understand how this game works.
Good idea but some ppl here think that the normal forging system will be useless then idk if anybody here knows the Browsergame DSO (Drakensang Online) I play it since last year and all the items you get are from farming mobs/bosses but the items you get arent identified you right klick them to get the stats on them for example you have a weapon and you identify it to get the stats and there is a value of like for a lvl 10 item to get 10 to 20 extra base dmg in rohan idk it would be 5-15% MA or so, in DSO its for free since i think last year christmas to identify items but in rohan you could make it cost a little bit of crone. Also you dont forge items you can drop common, improved,magic, extraordinary and legendary but you can forge 4 improved to 1 magic 4magic to 1 extraordinary and so on. I could imagine something like that in rohan tell me what you guys think of it.

Yes i dont care about my sht english.
Tyjex is offline  
Old   #34
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
ok 1 point for each of you..
You both tie..
Now back to topic.

Wouldn't it be cool for someone to come up with a system for Rohan that isn't dependent on that "SHITTY" forge system and either do bosses or go to another server...

Main reason a lot of people don't join shitty rohan p.servers anymore is because you have 1 or 2 main guilds camping bosses and the rest of the hundreds of players are just food for pvp....

That's why if u have 5 servers... you'll have 100 people on each server...

No one wants to join a fcking p.server and be food for pvp..

Create a system where everyone can farm without the worry about pvp (ele dungeon) and you will have a server overflowing with players as everyone can increase their strength.

Make use of Blazing Temple Relic Quests... Increase those rings so players can quest for better ring without giving a shit about boss respawn time..
Make use of Elemental Dungeon.. Create a system where bosses drop accessories so players won't have to worry about the top guilds stealing their bosses and they remain useless till they quit and find another rohan to try.
Make use of the IP System in such a way that players can buy rings so bosses won't be the only source of power..

Making boss farming the main source of power is a mistake that every server has done and is the reason why 600 people are divided into 5 or 6 different servers instead of all joining one..
Yes i am quoting myself...
Just proving to everyone exactly what i just said...
17 of us are joining a new server as the server we're currently on makes no sense as we can't do bosses because we can't fight fully geared people when we don't have accessories..
So instead of being food in tsb, we are joining another server to have a better chance at pvp/ pve and overall fun ^_^

Create a server where everyone can progress, without the worry of boss camping and maybe everyone will move to that server as no one would be food in tsb ^_^

6 servers online.. all have 80 - 100 people..
Imagine if 1 out of the 6 was any good ?


peinful is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #35
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
Received Thanks: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Yes i am quoting myself...
Just proving to everyone exactly what i just said...
17 of us are joining a new server as the server we're currently on makes no sense as we can't do bosses because we can't fight fully geared people when we don't have accessories..
So instead of being food in tsb, we are joining another server to have a better chance at pvp/ pve and overall fun ^_^

Create a server where everyone can progress, without the worry of boss camping and maybe everyone will move to that server as no one would be food in tsb ^_^

6 servers online.. all have 80 - 100 people..
Imagine if 1 out of the 6 was any good ?
Or all of them together to get one really good server and fast progress on bugg fixing balancing and stuff ...
Tyjex is offline  
Old   #36
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 811
Received Thanks: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyjex View Post
Or all of them together to get one really good server and fast progress on bugg fixing balancing and stuff ...
That kind of cooperation does not happen in servers built using bootleg code. There is no such thing in the Rohan universe outside of PlayWith where you can get 10-15 smart game developers collaborating on a server feature set.

Everybody has their own image of the perfect game server. The developers of the Rohan universe are too busy trying to figure out who has the bigger **** and trying to prove they have the better idea how the game should work. If you have ever herded 10-15 cats, you will have an idea how impossible it is to get them to agree on a single direction.

That is the hard reality.
im batman is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #37
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
In OldRohan you have to play the game in order to get geared. Nothing comes for free.

Just wanted to mention that its not necessary to camp or kill bosses in order to get geared.
- Simply buy the bossdrops ingame or EM
- Use the crafting system
- Use the instance dungeon to get twins

Of course there will be more possibilities soon enough to get geared. However, even currently its nowhere near impossible to get geared. You just gotta work for it like all others do.
asdfRohan is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #38
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Well it's not entirely my discussion.
I like the way OldRohan is set up, however we're max level and fully geared in terms of armor, weps, etc.. But accessories ?
11 of our members gave up as they get smashed..

Say what you will, getting smashed is no fun when guild camp bosses and there's basically nothing u can do on your own time to get strong..

Stay up till 2am or 1am to fight a boss for 4 hours ?
No Thanks !

Allow players to quest on their own time to get pro accessories..
peinful is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #39
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
What I was saying was: If you work for it, you will aswell do progress. Killing bosses aint the only way to get bossdrops. You could simply buy them.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #40
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
yes because they're going to sell opposing guilds boss drops to give them competition in tsb.
peinful is offline  
Old   #41
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 807
Received Thanks: 31
Nice idea! I would like to see this
Masturbinho is offline  
Old   #42
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
yes because they're going to sell opposing guilds boss drops to give them competition in tsb.
They infact do. Pizza been selling their drops for quiet some time.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #43
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
They infact do. Pizza been selling their drops for quiet some time.
Over fking priced >.>
Like if they actually took 1hr to kill them bosses.

@Pein
Still dude lets get all together and gear up we can fight back with the right numbers. Just don't try to go full rambo on fully geared people with a couple of mediocre geared chars. Send me a Whisper on Ruben or LacieLane i can help you guys but if you don't tell me i wont know -.-
I don't mind helping some of you guys, TF is starting up again and they need new gear to if we gear up together we can have fun TSBs later on and even compete with each others.
rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #44
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Oh and Ill be doing some dramatic changes to elemental dungeon and twins to match r4/r5 drops.
asdfRohan is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #45
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Oh and Ill be doing some dramatic changes to elemental dungeon and twins to match r4/r5 drops.
Now this is progress...

Elemental dungeon is 100% based on your skill..
If you fail at ele dungeon, you can't blame PvP or some over geared Pizza men for it...

+1 for this Dramatic upgrade

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.


peinful is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Mass Road Online D11 PVE | All LAtest Avatars | Latest Pet's | Join Us!
Request To Remove
11 Replies - SRO PServer Advertising
Idea:Possibly good potential idea!
Well today I was thinking and it was stated that it's impossible to view if you have a +1 item unless you look in your inventory, but it is generated...
3 Replies - CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.