Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 02:54

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

My Latest Idea/Concept

Reply
 
Old   #61
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 362
Received Thanks: 76
Actually they didn't plan to let people create their pservers and change their files easily. For sure they have their programs to change it in 5 mins.



radekslu is offline  
Old   #62
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Actually they are the publishers and the developers of the game means they have the source code son. This of course enables them to change it in a second or two. However, that wasnt the point at all...

Hardcoding a game like this is a mess and shows how bad of a publisher YNK is. Every developer seeing their clusterfuck of code wants to commit suicide. Period.


asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #63
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 362
Received Thanks: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Actually they are the publishers and the developers of the game means they have the source code son. This of course enables them to change it in a second or two. However, that wasnt the point at all...

Hardcoding a game like this is a mess and shows how bad of a publisher YNK is. Every developer seeing their clusterfuck of code wants to commit suicide. Period.
Srsly, u think that people who created Rohan, wanted it to be split to pieces for pservers with an ease?
Would you like to create something you put 10 years of work and then let someone easily change what you've done when u won't get any credit from it? It might be hardcoded ofc, for people who doesn;t have the source code.
radekslu is offline  
Old   #64
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
Still the miracles some of this devs can do is caped by the client. If someone could get inside the client and change stuff from there then changing the game to w/e you want is just a walk in the park with some time consumption. The server can be changed but the client is the problem now. Lets see how far this guys can go.


rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #65
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 362
Received Thanks: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
Still the miracles some of this devs can do is caped by the client. If someone could get inside the client and change stuff from there then changing the game to w/e you want is just a walk in the park with some time consumption. The server can be changed but the client is the problem now. Lets see how far this guys can go.
Actually if they can change MapUS.exe, they also can change rohanclient.exe
radekslu is offline  
Old   #66
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by radekslu View Post
Srsly, u think that people who created Rohan, wanted it to be split to pieces for pservers with an ease?
Would you like to create something you put 10 years of work and then let someone easily change what you've done when u won't get any credit from it? It might be hardcoded ofc, for people who doesn;t have the source code.
Oh my gosh, you dont get the point do you? Its not a matter of code protection or whatsoever. Such things can be archived in better ways and more simple. Its about the code being poorly written and hard to maintain. I doubt you have experience in software development otherwise you wouldnt start to argue with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radekslu View Post
Actually if they can change MapUS.exe, they also can change rohanclient.exe
Its not that simple son.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #67
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 362
Received Thanks: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Oh my gosh, you dont get the point do you? Its not a matter of code protection or whatsoever. Such things can be archived in better ways and more simple. Its about the code being poorly written and hard to maintain. I doubt you have experience in software development otherwise you wouldnt start to argue with me.



Its not that simple son.
Actually, you are aware of the way creating/writing computer games 25 years a go and now? it's a Grand Canyon
radekslu is offline  
Old   #68
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 762
Received Thanks: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by radekslu View Post
Actually, you are aware of the way creating/writing computer games 25 years a go and now? it's a Grand Canyon
Don't bother he cant understand that someone out there is better then him )
DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #69
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by radekslu View Post
Actually, you are aware of the way creating/writing computer games 15 years ago and now? it's a Grand Canyon
Corrected that for you. And yes I am aware how games were coded 15 years ago. Are you?

The funny fact is that you still havnt gotten the point I was stating. The conversation wasnt about games in general but about software engineering. I can tell that the code they've wrote is considered poor. The "when" isnt really of any interest since the standards in terms of coding coventions were the same 15 years ago. Thats effectively why lecture from the 20th century is still useable and mostly holds true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Don't bother he cant understand that someone out there is better then him )
Im better than you thats enough.
asdfRohan is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #70
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 806
Received Thanks: 463
Rohan wasn't even a concept 15 years ago. WoW didn't even exist 15 years ago.
If it were it would have been written in C and assembler rather than C++.
im batman is offline  
Old   #71
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
True that, development started in 2001-2003? Tho c++98 standard did already do the job.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #72
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 762
Received Thanks: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Corrected that for you. And yes I am aware how games were coded 15 years ago. Are you?

The funny fact is that you still havnt gotten the point I was stating. The conversation wasnt about games in general but about software engineering. I can tell that the code they've wrote is considered poor. The "when" isnt really of any interest since the standards in terms of coding coventions were the same 15 years ago. Thats effectively why lecture from the 20th century is still useable and mostly holds true.



Im better than you thats enough.
You might you might not but 1 thing is sure you will never have my respect cuz you simply think yourself as a *** of development.

There are people here that know very few and i respect them 10 times more then you.
DretoNEX is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #73
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 639
Received Thanks: 198
DretoNEX said little but spoke the truth!!
oziel235 is offline  
Old   #74
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 806
Received Thanks: 463
And with that I guess we can now call Ishtaria's thread well and fully derailed.
im batman is offline  
Old   #75
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 707
Choo choo

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

I don't mind lol


Ishtaria is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Mass Road Online D11 PVE | All LAtest Avatars | Latest Pet's | Join Us!
Request To Remove
11 Replies - SRO PServer Advertising
Idea:Possibly good potential idea!
Well today I was thinking and it was stated that it's impossible to view if you have a +1 item unless you look in your inventory, but it is generated...
3 Replies - CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:54.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.