Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 06:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

My Latest Idea/Concept

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
I like the idea.I would play and donate for a server like this for sure.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #17

Its less about "limited thinking" but about the constraints the game enforces, to be accurate, the server. I could implement all this in a heartbeat, yet it would be a pain in the *** and require a shitload of work/time. Not to mention that rohan isnt designed for this. Yet what I've already planned is class based boni from equipment, means skill getting a boost depending on what you wear/equip/carry with you.

Old   #18

elite*gold: 110
so far.. asdf, your server seems to be the coolest.

It has a hell of a lot of potential to be a lot better, but all the other servers out there suck in comparison.

I'd still choose World of Warcraft over Rohan anyday because of how bosses are done and how players acquire gear.
But when it comes to pvp style, Rohan wins

Looking forward to Farming Elemental Dungeon to get armor sets which boost my Class / Race instead of farm for hours, days, weeks and forge and fail :-)
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoOne View Post

Theres the video Dreto is referring to, is this similar to your idea Ish ?
Yes similar but without the randomness on the stats.

Old   #20

tonight will test a new system that I've been thinking.
If it works, goodbye hacks!
- If it works, share with you the system. I was in need of new ideas
Old   #21

I'm not sure if I got it right, it basically bellitles the whole gearing process to getting a lucky drop, how does it differ from praying to DD RNGesus?
Don't get me wrong, but it smells iffy to me, homogenizing the weapons stats and getting rid off different ways to get wealthy doesn't seem to be the right approach.
What I always liked about this game was the fact that you could make yourself a fortune from scratch not only through a mindless farming, but by being a good entrepreneur (?), or just a lucky ******* ofc

Balance stuff though, you have to keep in mind, that certain classes work way better with additional option-stone stats. Guardians will take every single one and make a good use of them, whereas say warlocks not so much.

I still don't get why no one ever though about nerfing (test maybe) damage drop to not make it so mandatory anymore, and let other stones to be on par with it.
Old   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
I'm not sure if I got it right, it basically bellitles the whole gearing process to getting a lucky drop, how does it differ from praying to DD RNGesus?
Don't get me wrong, but it smells iffy to me, homogenizing the weapons stats and getting rid off different ways to get wealthy doesn't seem to be the right approach.
What I always liked about this game was the fact that you could make yourself a fortune from scratch not only through a mindless farming, but by being a good entrepreneur (?), or just a lucky ******* ofc

Balance stuff though, you have to keep in mind, that certain classes work way better with additional option-stone stats. Guardians will take every single one and make a good use of them, whereas say warlocks not so much.

I still don't get why no one ever though about nerfing (test maybe) damage drop to not make it so mandatory anymore, and let other stones to be on par with it.
There is no difference really, it's just more or less a different way of doing the same thing except you can upgrade and change the options on your weapons on an ongoing basis.

It'll also make gear a bit less diverse and as you said some classes will get more benefit from available option stones but I just wanted to try something different and have a drop system that's closer to other mmo's.

Good point about DD.
Old   #23

elite*gold: 110
Ish.. Is what i'm talking about possible from a Developers point of view ?

A system in which players can acquire gear via Elemental Dungeon and that gear being race / class specific ?

Example: me and 5 buddies just killed some water boss thing in ele dungeon and it dropped a helmet for a priest.
Standard stats 150pdef, 150mdef, 250hp, 15% boost to healing effects.
Set effect 2/5 Reduces threat generated by an additional 25%
Set effect 5/5 Healing spells have a chance to increase the users Psyche and Vit by 10% for 15 seconds

Or maybe a set effect for a Dragon Knight..
Standard helmet 150pdef, 150mdef, 250hp, 5% Boost to armor while in evolve
Set effect 2/5 Increases Attack speed by 20% after a Critical Hit.
Set effect 5/5 Skill Damage has a chance to increase users Strength and Dex by 15% for 12 seconds

Wouldn't it be really cool to farm elemental dungeon once a day in the hope to possible get some kick *** gear like this from bosses ?

And it won't be easy to acquire gear this way either as end-game gear only drops from superior Elemental Dungeon..
But yes 100% drop rate from the boss... There is a 1 out of 70 chance that the boss you're fighting will drop the exact piece you want for your race and class.... And there will be no reset timers for elemental dungeon.. Once a day ^_^
Current Forge system sucks.
Current Boss System Sucks.
Current farming for days system sucks.
Old   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Ish.. Is what i'm talking about possible from a Developers point of view ?

A system in which players can acquire gear via Elemental Dungeon and that gear being race / class specific ?

Example: me and 5 buddies just killed some water boss thing in ele dungeon and it dropped a helmet for a priest.
Standard stats 150pdef, 150mdef, 250hp, 15% boost to healing effects.
Set effect 2/5 Reduces threat generated by an additional 25%
Set effect 5/5 Healing spells have a chance to increase the users Psyche and Vit by 10% for 15 seconds

Or maybe a set effect for a Dragon Knight..
Standard helmet 150pdef, 150mdef, 250hp, 5% Boost to armor while in evolve
Set effect 2/5 Increases Attack speed by 20% after a Critical Hit.
Set effect 5/5 Skill Damage has a chance to increase users Strength and Dex by 15% for 12 seconds

Wouldn't it be really cool to farm elemental dungeon once a day in the hope to possible get some kick ass gear like this from bosses ?

And it won't be easy to acquire gear this way either as end-game gear only drops from superior Elemental Dungeon..
But yes 100% drop rate from the boss... There is a 1 out of 70 chance that the boss you're fighting will drop the exact piece you want for your race and class.... And there will be no reset timers for elemental dungeon.. Once a day ^_^
Current Forge system sucks.
Current Boss System Sucks.
Current farming for days system sucks.
Some of those things are possible but some aren't.

Having specific class-based items is fine because you can create gear with specific stats. They can be given up to 5 "attributes" (basics like str, dex, vit, pdef, mdef etc.) and up to 3 "options" (all the stuff from option stones etc.).

Only thing about your boost to healing effects example is that particular option only boosts the effectiveness of healing spells cast on the wearer so no-one other than that priest would receive the 15% bonus.

Set effects also only use those basic attributes. You can't even set options as a set effect. Someone like Req might be able to get the game to do something like it but it's way beyond me.

This is the trouble with Rohan sometimes. A lot of the gear system is so static and can only give out basic stats as bonuses
Old   #25

In particular I could make items give such skill effects. I would aswell be able to hook it to the set effects somehow. However, the critical point is visualization. The client is so limited, there is no way to properly display those effects other than writing it into the description text file.
Old   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
In particular I could make items give such skill effects. I would aswell be able to hook it to the set effects somehow. However, the critical point is visualization. The client is so limited, there is no way to properly display those effects other than writing it into the description text file.
You can do so much stuff yet so far i havent seen any just plain talk.
Old   #27

Just because he says he can do something doesn't mean he should. Sometimes things like that really make no sense in the grand scheme.
Old   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
You can do so much stuff yet so far i havent seen any just plain talk.
So you might want to open your eyes.
Old   #29

Having a few skill changes aint that big of a deal what i ment by "Havent seen any" is you allways talk you can make new systems yet you still use irohan drop system you still use irohan ui system you cant even remove the skills ui from your client they show on heroskill bar.
Old   #30

Me not having done it yet, doesnt mean Im not able to do it, son. I just havent bothered yet to do so, since it'll be pointless work. o.0

Yet I dont know what you mean by "still using irohans drop/ui system". What you want to say? Me modding the whole **** client? Yea for sure. Dream on.

"Having a few skills changed". More like having half of the skillset redone. Reimplemented. Thats nothing you'd ever be able to do since half of our skillset is based on new systems we've implemented.

Like I said, open your eyes and you'd see the new systems we've implemented. Yet in your contraint point of view, it seems you cannot see the work/skill required to do what we did. So, try to do what we did and to the extend we did. Than you are allowed to speak with me about system edits.

Would you now stop derailing this thread already? If you have something to say, feel free to open up a hate thread.