Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 09:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Coming Soon: Rohan Revolutions

Discussion on Coming Soon: Rohan Revolutions within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 08/13/2014, 03:05   #16

elite*gold: 0
Sounds awesome so far, keep the good work up guys! Any clues on rates and stuff like that yet?
Old 08/13/2014, 03:11   #17

Sounds like it will be a well round server that will be watched and updated very professionally!
Old 08/13/2014, 03:37   #18

We haven't really discussed the rates yet. To be honest I think we're trying not to talk about it as we may not agree with each other

I hope when the server is ready it will feel professional and well made. Of course we can't fix everything that's wrong or doesn't work correctly but anything we can do we'll try our best to get it sorted.
Old 08/13/2014, 04:44   #19

If you guys are going to run an active consignment house there is a way to abuse it that should be looked into before hand. Just a thought
Old 08/13/2014, 08:25   #20

Maybe you should do a poll to see what the players want. I personally prefer low to mid rates. Well that's just a suggestion I'm sure y'all will sort everything out professionally
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/13/2014, 08:55   #21

I would agree on the low to mid rates thing however this is only acceptable if there is enough content to keep players interested. If it's stuff they've seen before they just want to skip through it all.

We'll never please everyone but hopefully we'll get it right for the majority.
Old 08/13/2014, 11:37   #22

BTW I heard about skill changes you making to each class for making them balance, which is good but my only problem is, try stick to it. When I was playing on DG Rohan, they made so much skill changes that **** off lot of players.

I mean 'you see that 1 class is good and you made it max lvl, give it end gears and start killing people with high dmg', then other classes player go on forum crying how imbalance that class is and what DG rohan did is Nerf that class. So people who spend all there game time and money for that previous class wake up to see is being now useless.

So what ever changes you make stick to it and be careful about the changes.

Hope that Helps.
Old 08/13/2014, 12:40   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipapun View Post
I mean 'you see that 1 class is good and you made it max lvl, give it end gears and start killing people with high dmg', [...]
If you chose a class depending on it currently dealing the most damage and it currently being the "best" class, in terms of overpowered than its absolutly you fault, not the fault of the developers who acctually want to bring balance to the game.
If you chose your class after such criterias, than im sorry, but you should have seen changes and balancements coming...

Quote:
[...] then other classes player go on forum crying how imbalance that class is and what DG rohan did is Nerf that class. So people who spend all there game time and money for that previous class wake up to see is being now useless.
Sorry but there wasnt any change which effected "underpowered" classes. If you speak of templars, vit dekans or savages being nerfed, than yes, the nerfing of those was absolutly correct.
Furthermore, like explained above, if players keep chasing the currently most powerfull class (and hope they stay like that) to take the short way than its their own fault...
There is no such thing as a "useless class". Close to every class in rohan has its uses, just a handfull are underpowered. Since all the people are used to the temp faggary they simply always want to player "the one and only" class. However, that wont happen, the upper end will be nerfed and the lower end will be buffed. Dont expect this to happen in one day, its a process. So once again, if you chose your class depending on the criterias above, than yea... You should have known that changes gonna happen.

Just to say it, we WONT make classes useless.

Quote:
Hope that Helps.
Not as much as you might think.
Old 08/13/2014, 14:18   #24

lol I am not a developer, But I am player with good amount experience (look my joining date on Epvpers) about rohan and I know what makes a game sucks and what element makes it good. I also played a lot of private server I know why people (my friends) still prefer int. Rohan (which is in my thought gone to complete **** now).

No matter how much you think that players love "New features" and "Addition", actually they don't care. Players don't care about tiers, they only care whats at end and how to get it. The in-between tiers only matter if you spend a vast amount of time in lvling which I dont think private servers have and players want. Rohan was great at old days because its have basic feature with a very simple Open PVP rule. I am not saying tiers wont matter that time, but you have to use your brain and some game-play in PVP. Now its just who initiate first. In old time Templar have 18K HP at max (I mean ultra ubber gear) and they was hitting 1.5K-2K at fully buff, still they cant solo anyone (unless oponent very low lvl).

Rohan was good that time cause you need a group to kill or own others, People have good gears but no one "OP". Guild are like friend zone. The exp and drop are extremely low , but player forget it was low for everyone and because player spend vast time in each level, the low tiers of weapons and armor mattered. I am not saying I like grinding and not saying make your server just like int Rohan. I am saying that make it sociable.

I really looking forward to your game, but I am just saying not to make the mistakes that others did.
Old 08/13/2014, 14:35   #25

What does this acctually have to do with your previous suggestions about how to treat skills and respective skill balancements? Equipment is a completely other story.

As a sitenote, "the first hit" will not matter over here since we are not going to overpower anything with available gear. We are balancing stuff in order to have a real tactical form of PvP reappear. However, this aswell means templars gonna be nerfed a huge notch so it might be good for everyone to get rid of the temp faggary, it will not be available over here.
Old 08/13/2014, 15:42   #26

No temp faggery and no "One Click - I Win" buttons.
You want to win at pvp in this server, you will need to work at it -- as it should be. You can buy enhancements at the IM and they may give a small edge, but those enhancements will be incremental. They will not enable play-to-win players to dominate the server.

Some of the more lazy players who expect to be able to throw money at a toon & win will not like that, but unlike Playwithi we are not catering to this kind of player.

Playwithi is more than welcome to those players - we won't be cutting into their business at all.
Old 08/13/2014, 15:57   #27

The problem with changing skills and balance on an open server is that it can really upset some players who's builds it might screw over. This is despite every other MMO doing something similar, even WoW. I've come to the conclusion that Rohan players are a special breed of player

Having said that, we're hopeful we won't have to make any significant changes to skills once the server is open. Half of the problems with balance come from gear and accessories so if these are done right from the start, it won't be so difficult to "balance" skills.

For the templar fans out there, of which there are no doubt many for reasons which are all too obvious, they will become a front line support class and assistant damage dealers. Regardless of how many people this might turn away from the server, all 4 of us are insistent on it.
Old 08/13/2014, 17:01   #28

It is good idea to nerf the op classes but dont go too hard and overnerf it to make it unplayable. Every class should have its strong spots and weaknesses in my opinion. That is my opinion as a Rohan community member, but as for myself, you can nerf the **** out of templars and vit dekans because i don't like playing them and I don't find them fun at all how can killing everyone in 1 hit be fun.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/13/2014, 18:16   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milocinia View Post
For the templar fans out there, of which there are no doubt many for reasons which are all too obvious, they will become a front line support class and assistant damage dealers. Regardless of how many people this might turn away from the server, all 4 of us are insistent on it.
hmm now I am curious where u r going. Either it gonna be great or be complete ****.

Just release you skill info before you release the game so some of us can give you some input on it.
Old 08/13/2014, 18:19   #30

Quote:
Either it gonna be great or be complete ****.
Haha hopefully not complete **** but you never know