Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 00:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Local Sever Help?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Local Sever Help?

So, I've been all over Google looking for 99 or 110 server files but all the links are broken or don't exist anymore.. If someone could post or PM me server files and a client that works with the files, that would be great!

PS, I'm just looking for something to do while waiting for BloodWarGaming!

Old   #2

You can find most of the server files here on my site

Archive pass is: elitepvp2014

These are only the VMWare files though, basically to make a local server to mess around on, if you need to know how to set up the VMWare there's some tutorials online, but they're fairly dated (not that it makes a difference) basically..

1) Restore the Database Files in MSQ Management Studio
2) Open the RohanUser database and find dbo.TServer and TServergroup in Tables, change the IP's there to your VMWare IP.
3) Open RohanAuth folder inside the xampp/htdocs folder, open ServerList5 and change the IP there to your VMWare IP.
4) Open the Registry32 and 64 files, change all the IP's to your VMWare IP, then apply the registry changes.
5) Run Xampp and connect Apache. Check you can connect to it through your browser (by typing your VMWare IP address)
6)Run AgentServer, then DBServer (wait for it to finish connecting) then LogServer, then MapServer then (if you have enough ram) AIServer (this isn't NEEDED to connect and test though I don't believe, only to make mobs move)
7) Make a text document, and save it as something like 'Client.bat' in your clients root folder, inside this document type:
rohanclient.exe "https://yourvmwareip/"
when you run the game double click the bat file not the client file.

That's the gist of it, some people get it working no probs, some have many issues (I did.)

As for the right client, that's a little trickier, the one I had is gone now, Shine Rohan client used to work, so did the Renaissance one, and the original Xor client.

Old   #3

TIP for those that understand networking:

The majority of the IP settings are not needed if the VM is set up to use a static IP address and the static IP set is compatible with the user's network. Set the IP to a static one rather than DHCP, set up the DB, registry and php IP settings once, and every copy of that VM will have the same IP.

i.e. I set the static IP to 192.168.1.50, and set the router to only hand out IPs from 100-199 inclusive and never have a problem setting IP addresses in my VMs.

Note if your home network IP subnet range is not 192.168.1.1-254 you will need to set it up to suit your network.
Old   #4

You can also set VMWare to use a host only network adapter this will make it so it does not go off your router and will only be accessible by the pc your on.
Hope this is helpful!

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkestkiller View Post
You can also set VMWare to use a host only network adapter this will make it so it does not go off your router and will only be accessible by the pc your on.
Hope this is helpful!
True. This is a good and simple setup if you are not networking your Virtual machine, but rather running both client and server on the same machine for some stand-alone testing.

Both options will reduce or remove the need to change IP configurations of the Rohan server VM.

Cheers!
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkestkiller View Post
Hope this is helpful!
This ^

It's far easier just for stand alone testing purposes.
Old   #7

I just set mine to bridged (automatic). For some reason I couldn't get the static options to work but then again I am really noob at this sort of stuff