Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rift Fishing Assistant

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Hi

I have not tested 1.05 for long time
With 1.03 and previous versions it randomly misses the bait loop. I think because something comes into non combat log and/or it does not catch the "decay" line properly. I don't know. Sometimes it can last for 1 hour but it will not last for more than 3 hours.
I have a stack of say 200 Dusken eel lures and after 3 hours it has only used 20 and it missed the bait loop.

But my idea is that you get to choose a target at the beginning.
e.g. you have 100 Dusken eel lures and you want to use, so target is "Dusken eel"
So the script checks if you are catching Dusken eel.
If you are receiving something that is not Dusken eel 3 times, it will apply bait.
This way you don't even have to bait before and it will bait. Also it will back up missing the bait loop. You can catch artefacts with a specific fish lures but to catch something that is not Dusken eel 3 times with this lure is very unlikely.
When you run out of lures, it will try to bait but cannot but it does not matter.

The idea is that whatever lures you have, you have to use them all.

Old   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnutter View Post
Hi

I have not tested 1.05 for long time
With 1.03 and previous versions it randomly misses the bait loop. I think because something comes into non combat log and/or it does not catch the "decay" line properly. I don't know. Sometimes it can last for 1 hour but it will not last for more than 3 hours.
I have a stack of say 200 Dusken eel lures and after 3 hours it has only used 20 and it missed the bait loop.

But my idea is that you get to choose a target at the beginning.
e.g. you have 100 Dusken eel lures and you want to use, so target is "Dusken eel"
So the script checks if you are catching Dusken eel.
If you are receiving something that is not Dusken eel 3 times, it will apply bait.
This way you don't even have to bait before and it will bait. Also it will back up missing the bait loop. You can catch artefacts with a specific fish lures but to catch something that is not Dusken eel 3 times with this lure is very unlikely.
When you run out of lures, it will try to bait but cannot but it does not matter.

The idea is that whatever lures you have, you have to use them all.
hm.. so your idea would only really be valid, if you are fishing up what you are using as a lure? I'm honestly not that high so never came across that myself, but I'll look into it.

If you could try out the 1.0.5 beta version, and let me know if that one fixes the rebait issue? Like i stated in the notes.. i made some changes to the re-bait in that version, haven't heard back of any issues from anyone else, so curious if what I changed fixed it.

Old   #18

sorry not to get back very quickly, but im still having that very issue where it messes up reapplying the lure...I think it might actualy be a timing issue, it seems that if it decays right during my first cast, then it wont reapply..
not sure exaxtly how you have the script set up to work.
However I Think I know what hazelnut is implying...
If you say maybe use Action bar 0 as a 90 second lure you can set the script to reapply the lure after 4-5 catches.
And if its a 5 minute place it in the 9 slot and if its a 15 minute place it in the 8 slot..
But I dont have a clue how scripts are made so this may all sound good in theory, but could possibly not even be an option
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgash View Post
sorry not to get back very quickly, but im still having that very issue where it messes up reapplying the lure...I think it might actualy be a timing issue, it seems that if it decays right during my first cast, then it wont reapply..
not sure exaxtly how you have the script set up to work.
However I Think I know what hazelnut is implying...
If you say maybe use Action bar 0 as a 90 second lure you can set the script to reapply the lure after 4-5 catches.
And if its a 5 minute place it in the 9 slot and if its a 15 minute place it in the 8 slot..
But I dont have a clue how scripts are made so this may all sound good in theory, but could possibly not even be an option
ok, so if the lure runs out on first cast, I can understand that it will "not" relure at that time. let me explain why.

first thing the script does it collects data from the first cast, the first catch, the first everything.. after the first one either succeeds or fails, then it proceeds with scanning for all other variables, including the scaning for weither it decayed or not.

In that example, you would want to make sure the the lure will not decay off the item during first catch with script. Is that something you see happen regularly at higher fishing that i need to take into account?

Old   #20

hi

i have now tested it and i still lose the lure - this is with 1.05
my main point is that there is no hard safety mechanism.
if you lose a lure there is no way for the script to recover.
this matters mainly for the "single fish target" lures with last 90 secs.
that is what hardcore fishing is about- to get the fish for rep.
hence for that type of lures, can we not do a check to see if the lure is still on? and the only way i can think of is this 3 consecutive negative results.

i never had problems with baiting with 15min lures.
Old   #21

Quote:
hi

i have now tested it and i still lose the lure - this is with 1.05
my main point is that there is no hard safety mechanism.
if you lose a lure there is no way for the script to recover.
this matters mainly for the "single fish target" lures with last 90 secs.
that is what hardcore fishing is about- to get the fish for rep.
hence for that type of lures, can we not do a check to see if the lure is still on? and the only way i can think of is this 3 consecutive negative results.

i never had problems with baiting with 15min lures.
so, question for you (is this question is based on the fact that i'm not that high in fishing myself).

At higher lvl fishing, you are saying there are 90sec lures? and basicly, that the 90sec lure is runing out before the first cast is finished?

if that is true.. I have an idea.. what if I add in a "lure at start" option, to automaticly start script with a lure applying first, then go into geting the first cast info? would that would as well?
Old   #22

no that is not the issue.
You can catch and always catch a minimum of 4 fish before lure runs out.
It just misses the re-baiting sometimes.
Old   #23

Quote:
no that is not the issue.
You can catch and always catch a minimum of 4 fish before lure runs out.
It just misses the re-baiting sometimes.
hm.. which it doesn't make since really =( if it gets reported in the logfile, then it should not miss it at all. and because you are saying it's random, not always.. I'm thinknig there is something changing from when it works, and when it doesn't work.. that's where i'm having a problem with troubleshooting..
would it be posable that you have it generate a logfile for me, and send me that logfile please .. pointing out where it fails to rebait.. so I can see if i cna figure it out.

I understand your ideas, of adding in extra code to force it to rebait every so many seconds, or so many casts.. I can do that if you guys want, but if there is something else failing, I would really like to fix that more so, as that would be a bug that i haven't encountered =/
Old   #24

doesnt the script always look at the last line of the log.txt?
so if soemthing happens after "decay", it will be missed?
Old   #25

Quote:
doesnt the script always look at the last line of the log.txt?
so if soemthing happens after "decay", it will be missed?
nope. It looks at the entire last "LINES" ..meaning it looks at all the compiled set of data from the logfile over and over. It only clears that file after it catches a bit, right before it casts the next line. So another words.. if you have ...

BITE
DECAY
BITE
CATCH

once the script detects either catch, or lost, or stopped, it will compile the info and look for DECAY.. if DECAY is found, it at that time goes out and re-applies bait. Then it clears the log file,and starts over with CAST. make since??

so since decay is somewhere in the log between CAST and CATCH, it will reapply. It doesn't only look at 1 line, looks at ALL lines.
Old   #26

then i dont understand how it can miss.
have you tried using the baits yourself?

i have the output log. it is 2mb.
Old   #27

Quote:
then i dont understand how it can miss.
have you tried using the baits yourself?

where is the log output saved? i did tick that last night for you.
yup, used the baits, or at least the lower lvl ones. most people have reported no issues.. some are having issues with rebait, but randomly, not everytime.

it will create a logfile called "Rlog_Output.txt" in your "my documents" folder.
Old   #28

ok for me it is with high level lures, like dusekn eel, and the other rare fish catcher lures..I am not sure about lower ones as i have not tried any of them, but it happens pretty consecitivley, sometimes its if it decays right after cast, sometimes its if it decays while reeling it in. it seems pretty random.
Old   #29

is it possible to be caused by lag issues? i have very bad lag at the moment, since i started posting here. i will be home tomorrow and i can test on my normal connection.
Old   #30

Quote:
is it possible to be caused by lag issues? i have very bad lag at the moment, since i started posting here. i will be home tomorrow and i can test on my normal connection.
well.. anything is possable I guess. It shouldn't be caused by lag, unless the log writing is laging as well.

If either of you have a log generated that you can send me to , it might help me. If the log has your ingame name at all, you are welcome to change that to MYUSER so that I know that was your loged info, and not someone else around you that got recorded. The log might give me an idea on why it's failing.

Tags
fish bot, fishbot, fishing bot, rift