Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rift > Rift Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits
You last visited: Today at 00:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

External Game Chat Display

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
External Game Chat Display(Now with TTS)

Created this to see chat when looking up game info or waiting for an event while game sits in the background. Cruz the web or whatever and this will stay on top of whatever you are doing.

You must have Autohotkey installed in order to use this script

1. This script will show ingame chat outside of the game.
2. Color changes.....Basic chat = Black. Guild will show green. Whisper will show purple. Events will show red.

How to setup
1. Change the location of "cpath" in the script to point to YOUR log file. Typically its in your Documents folder. The path in the script should be similar for most.
2. Turn on your log in-game by typing /log. This needs to be done each time you enter Rift as it turns off when you exit the game.
3. Start the script and enter your char name. Hit "ok" and your done. This will ONLY show zone events and messages directed at you.
4. You can also enter nothing and hit "ok" to get all messages from general chat as in the example below.

Basic Info
The script will hold up to 22 lines on the screen.
Hit F12 to clear current messages. Once it reaches 22 lines it will start to scroll.
Arrow keys will move the menu to where you want it once the script is started.
The xx and yy in the script may be changed to set your starting menu point. smaller xx means left and smaller yy means up...for reference.

Known Issue: Because certain characters like [email protected]#$%^&*(){}[]?/|,. do not work in Autohotkey in certain circumstances most of it is parsed out. This will cause some small visual issues such as the periods missing in sentences and the like. Should not be too bad as I was able to get creative with some of it.

Updates:
12/31/2016 - Script now comes with VBS script for Text to Speech. F5 to activate. F6 to stop. VBS script must be in the same directory to work.
Updates:
1/12/2017 - Changed VBS to tts.exe with the "Hide" call to prevent CMD screens popping up for every line of chat. F5 to activate. F6 to stop. tts.exe script must be in the same directory to work. If you wish to get the tts.exe file directly from Gethub here is the url "https://github.com/brookhong/tts"

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Text Extention .zip (216.5 KB, 2 views)

Old   #2

This is pretty neat. I'm guessing you are just parsing the log file?

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppjdee View Post
This is pretty neat. I'm guessing you are just parsing the log file?
Yes. Doing a basic search and parse. Color coding based on specific signatures.