Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Seasons in Rappelz?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Seasons in Rappelz?

Someone called "Mochatroid" brought this up in the US forums.

But what am i talking about? So instead of opening a server with an "in theory" infinite lifespan it might be a good idea to force a reset after a specific amount of time just like in Diablo 3 and reward their playerbase with for example cosmetics.

What are the benefits?
First of all, a fresh start would always bring new player or old player back to the server. Every Server tends to "die" for reasons and alot of people like to start over. By reseting all 3-6months (depends on the server rates) you get rid of this "im used to it, kind off bored of this game" feeling and youre looking forward for a exciting fresh start with alot of new people or maybe people you knew but quit for some reason.

But why would i "donate" if i lose all my stuff after x amount of time?
Your account keeps the item and after the reset you can simply add it to your new character, im not a dev but im sure thats possible.

How long would a season last?
Depends on your rates.

Just a few ideas i had, let me know what you think.

Edit: Posting this on purpose in the private server section because nobody is reading the normal one.

Old   #2

I like this idea since what we like the most in Rappelz is the first days in a private server where the competition and being competitive is so fun, it's 90% of the game for me. just to get the first rank in all ****.

but whats the value or parameter for the wipe? highest lvl ? or what

Old   #3

Time, after a specific amount of time the server will reset.
Old   #4

elite*gold: 30
actually seasons are not working that way only.

seasons in Diablo 3 allow you to move everything you got until the season ends to your main account after it expired, and allows to get new items/sets earlier than on vanilla game. so its not just to be unique items every time but instant development and balancing: every single seasons there are a lot of new item sets are being developed for the next one. no one here has time/motivation to act this way, devlopment community in Rappelz is unstable (well, yet unstable).
without the other side you didnt mention, seasons or anything else that even closely looks like seasons, doesnt make sense since Rappelz players audience usually contains people who don't even take a look on a server that will even try to tell them "you will lose something". not talking about every player round there but about the most.

the point of making servers for month or a couple is to collect donations and disappear since there is nothing to donate for already in case of limitation of a total audience.
but there are a lot of other things that make servers dying, most of that - unhandled "accidents" that make owners just give up because they have not enough experience or motivation to continue to serve a project, as like: attacks, black hype, broken economics, contents race, etc.

this idea is very good but the main idea implementation from Blizzard contains much more pros than it looks like and if it will be implemented in Rappelz (and that is surely possible) - it would make a game more interesting, maybe, but will not solve a problem you talk about.

I have another idea to implement that is actually close to Diablo 3 game mechanics but i won't tell a **** yet haha :P P.S. Blizzard rocks

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

elite*gold: 140
well as mongreldogg stataed,alot of server are dead coz few reason,unexperiance devs,attack or not covering server cost.Most of experiance devs left the scene.Other are still here lurking but not having server on the own.That's why we will hardly see BIG jump in rappelz well atleast for now.Maybe in future there will pop up a team that would bring rappelz back to life but at the moment the main issue i see are.....most devs don't wana work with other devs coz of some reason,people who are learning won't be invited in a team (well most of the time)coz they don't have experiance.And for other they don't even wana to start creating anything or learn it.
Old   #6

@Mongrelldogg asking for donations or lets say milking a playerbase and disappearing is not the point of a donation. it should be a appreciation and support for good work. asking for donations or making a server p2w from the start without even showing people what you are capable of, without showing them that you are able to lead this longterm project is deceptive and wrong and nobody should support this kind of people.

i agree, there are alot of reasons why servers die and this Season thing might be an improvement but not the ultimate solution thats for sure.
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesht View Post
@Mongrelldogg asking for donations or lets say milking a playerbase and disappearing is not the point of a donation. it should be a appreciation and support for good work. asking for donations or making a server p2w from the start without even showing people what you are capable of, without showing them that you are able to lead this longterm project is deceptive and wrong and nobody should support this kind of people.

i agree, there are alot of reasons why servers die and this Season thing might be an improvement but not the ultimate solution thats for sure.
I heard about a 8.1 server no cash shop is under development, not sure what they can do but meh the version itself is kinda not a good go xD

when i spoke with the admin "founder" he said they can cover up the host permanently cuz he has a good salary, well let's wait and see another zesua server xD