Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:20

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

[Question] What if....?

Reply
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 65
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 263
Received Thanks: 370
[Question] What if....?

Good morning,

at the moment I'm working on some different projects,
but right now I'm not sure about if they will be really used or been seen as "interesting"....
So I decided to ask the community for their opinion about them before I'm working further on it:


1. Project: A Guild-House

There's already an existing npc/script for guilds, which was implemented on Nemesis and is implemented on Leviathan (both times by 1c3x).
To prevent being shouted as a thief of files, I didn't touch or read his script,
but I liked his idea for sharing money in guild and creating a system to make guilds more interesting with specials, triggered by your own guild - so I try to write that fully on my own and just have to use the same description, because -well xD- "guild house" is the only fitting one.

So, my plan was to create a -really enterable- guild-house (1 per guild),
for which the leader can buy(/unlock) different furnitures,
which can be used by each member of this guild.
There'll be also a bank-account, to which each player can contribute rupees, which will be needed to buy mentioned furnitures.
I'm already finished up to this point theoretically.
But I haven't tried it right now ingame, haven't really set the functions of these furnitures and missing their db-entries.

=> Would be anybody interested in this system?
It does not contain anything of Leviathan's "Gildenhaus" except sharing the same name!
If you're interested in their script, you'll wait for nothing but disappointment!!



2. Project: A Dungeon of Layers

This dungeon has a system like in Sword-Art-Online.
You have to unlock each stage by killing the boss of the last opened stage.

Right now this dungeon (new custom map by the way) contains
- 32 stages
- 233 different "normal" monster
- 32 different unique bosses
- Levelrange of monsters between 1 and 240


I'm already working ca. 8 months on this dungeon (sometimes more, sometimes less), because I had to try so many different settings/commands/etc to nearly reach what I wanted...
While the normal monsters are able to respawn, the bosses aren't!
(to reach my concept of unique drops, except some1 with permission summons them)
Everyone can enter the same stage together, without having the same party!
(So there can be for example 4 different parties killing the exactly same boss, if it's too hard for just one group)
Each passed stage can be reached at any time,
so low-level-players can still kill monster in their levelrange/-strength,
while a high stage is already unlocked.
I'm already finished with this project, except:
- missing monster-strings (they are all named as White Dragon" at the moment xD)
- missing drops (I'll maybe add some)
- missing skills for bosses (at the moment I'm not sure which skills to use for each stage)


And of course the different values for atk, def etc are difficult to set wisely for working on many servers, so it's possible everyone would need to edit these on their own again.

=> Would be anybody interested in this system?
If yes, some suggestions would be helpful, if I should really add drops&skills for these monsters in my shareable version.


Thanks for your attention and waiting for your feedback

Greetz,

LamiaCore/Tweek



LamiaCore is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 310
Received Thanks: 28
Edited : Hey Lamia, this idea seems great, you are genius i don't think any of our feedbacks will be more useful than small tips since u did already a lot xD
what do you have ideas about rewards ?


thefear511 is offline  
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 23
Received Thanks: 5
brilliant idea keep up the good work
Dev.lionheart is offline  
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 205
Received Thanks: 222
Mint


SilentWisdom is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
Received Thanks: 3
Man you should open your own server you are crea5ive and it would be one of the best servers if run correctly
fyoule is offline  
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 65
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 263
Received Thanks: 370
Just checked possible problems with stages on the same mappart of my second project,
but everything seems to work perfectly

Also tested my first project without to port into the guild-house (because haven't implemented that separated map yet xD), and the script works fine right now.

By the way: at the moment everything is written in german,
but if there are enough interested in, I'll translate it like before, too.
(Otherwise I'm really too lazy to rename 265 monsters twice + worldlocation and script-strings xD)



Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoule View Post
Man you should open your own server you are crea5ive and it would be one of the best servers if run correctly
Well, I'm glad to hear such an opinion, but there are several reasons why I don't do that. :S
LamiaCore is offline  
Old   #7

 
elite*gold: 140
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 616
Received Thanks: 140
I hardly can think any bad idea coming out from that head.Keep it up.I already offer you my help on skype with anything
アルカード is offline  
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 46
Received Thanks: 19
Quote:
"guild house" is the only fitting one.
In World of Warcraft we call it: or Guild Vault, those are some other fitting names.


About the Sword Art Online dungeon system: I really hope you can make this work (I don't mean the scripting side, that should be easy for you. I mean thematically).

Let me explain:

Vulcanus was designed to be a "vertical dungeon". You clear a floor, then go deeper into the next floor, until you reach the boss at the bottom.

On paper that sounds cool.
But we all know that Rappelz don't have a Z-axis, there is no way to put things on top of eachother (meaning it's technically impossible to make floors on top of each other.).

And this is where Vulcanus loses it's charm. Players can clearly see the other floors in the minimap, and they can clearly see that they're just teleporting to the next room horizontally. It's like walking into the next room of the Labyrinth.

They don't feel the progress of going into a deeper/more challenging floor.
So in the end: Vulcanus is just like anyother dungeon in the game.


I really hope that you find an artistic way to make it feel like you're actually moving vertically between floors.

----------------------------------------------------

To try to help: Here is an even older game (called Metin2) that don't have a Z-axis. But it has a Demon Tower dungeon that manages to fool the brain into thinking that you're progressing vertically.

Video Link: (Skip to 0:45)

The main reasons for this are:

1/ The entrance to the dungeon is a big ass tower. So your brain thinks that you're going in there.

2/ All floors have that core in the center that supports the building's weight. This gives a real inside-a-tower feel.

3/ You can't see anything else in the minimap other than your floor. you can't see a teammate who's in another floor.
OSM98 is offline  
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 65
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 263
Received Thanks: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSM98 View Post
In World of Warcraft we call it: or Guild Vault, those are some other fitting names.


About the Sword Art Online dungeon system: I really hope you can make this work (I don't mean the scripting side, that should be easy for you. I mean thematically).

Let me explain:

Vulcanus was designed to be a "vertical dungeon". You clear a floor, then go deeper into the next floor, until you reach the boss at the bottom.

On paper that sounds cool.
But we all know that Rappelz don't have a Z-axis, there is no way to put things on top of eachother (meaning it's technically impossible to make floors on top of each other.).

And this is where Vulcanus loses it's charm. Players can clearly see the other floors in the minimap, and they can clearly see that they're just teleporting to the next room horizontally. It's like walking into the next room of the Labyrinth.

They don't feel the progress of going into a deeper/more challenging floor.
So in the end: Vulcanus is just like anyother dungeon in the game.


I really hope that you find an artistic way to make it feel like you're actually moving vertically between floors.

----------------------------------------------------

To try to help: Here is an even older game (called Metin2) that don't have a Z-axis. But it has a Demon Tower dungeon that manages to fool the brain into thinking that you're progressing vertically.

Video Link: (Skip to 0:45)

The main reasons for this are:

1/ The entrance to the dungeon is a big ass tower. So your brain thinks that you're going in there.

2/ All floors have that core in the center that supports the building's weight. This gives a real inside-a-tower feel.

3/ You can't see anything else in the minimap other than your floor. you can't see a teammate who's in another floor.
That dungeonsystem works already as it should

Already mentioned what is "only" missing
LamiaCore is offline  
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 211
Received Thanks: 26
I've had a metin2 server before rappelz. They are using a dungeon tower system with summoning stones that spawns more monsters when the health is droping from the stone. The tower works like this every stage requires to kill the elite monsters including the boss. All players will automaticly spawn to the next stage when these required monsters are killed. After like 10/15 stages you will face the big bosses when this stage is cleared. The last boss will spawn an npc that sells higher enchant stones for example 15 minutes. Please consider this if you are near done with the dungeon system.

I do appreciate your work to make rappelz more fun implementing new features. I wish i had the knowledge to do this. But with time i'm sure i'll be able to do this like you.
exter16 is offline  
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22
Received Thanks: 0
I really like the idea of the "SAO"-Dungeon, and tried creating one on my own a while ago - as a normal instanced 150-200 dungeon tho - but gave it up, since I didn't had time to work on it constantly, and my code was ... a mess xD - also balancing a dungeon reachng from 1 to 200++ is kinda difficult, since there are some OP classes and some that are neither tanky nor do huge damage.
Btw: isn't the "100-floors" thing mostly a copy-paste of code? I think it would be possible to create the first floor, calculate lvl / dmg / def etc differences and generate everything to floor 100 (or up to infinity). (on a second thought this is probably an awful idea, idk)

About the Z-axis: wouldn't it be possible to abuse the "layer"-axis as a Z-axis for each floor?
Rappler007 is offline  
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 65
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 263
Received Thanks: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappler007 View Post
About the Z-axis: wouldn't it be possible to abuse the "layer"-axis as a Z-axis for each floor?
That's what I did
But you'll see when I release it.
My script itself isn't that long,
and as I said of course there's no guarantee that these monsters are well-balanced.
But Hey, if they aren't, they're still fixable.
LamiaCore is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 53
Received Thanks: 0
This is a great idea!
medaion is online now  
Old   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 22
Received Thanks: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamiaCore View Post
That's what I did
But you'll see when I release it.
My script itself isn't that long,
and as I said of course there's no guarantee that these monsters are well-balanced.
But Hey, if they aren't, they're still fixable.
Mentioning the Z-axis thing because @ said that "[...] Rappelz don't have a Z-axis, there is no way to put things on top of eachother (meaning it's technically impossible to make floors on top of each other.)." - actually that's not impossible, but the way to do it xD

Btw: I don't think balanced mobs are necessary, just any mobs - as you said already: everyone who wants to use the dungeon will have to balance them on his own according to server rates / stats / buffs / balance etc anyways. - same goes for drops, boss / mob skills / mob names and appearance.

I'm really looking forward for your release.
Rappler007 is offline  
Old   #15
 
elite*gold: 65
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 263
Received Thanks: 370
Okay, I will forget the idea with real "furnitures" because of a simple reason...
Fieldprops don't have a good interface to interact with - so I'll use some NPCs instead.
I hope you don't kill me for this xD

Guildhouse contains right now:
- Guild Bank to store money
- an Altar-NPC with +20% Bonuspoints
- an own Shop with items for Arenapoints/holicpoints
-> including converter of JP to AP/Holic (modification depends of course on server-rates)
- a Buff-NPC, also for Arena-Points

Anyway, it's not really fully completed yet :/


EDIT:
A small preview-video:

I haven't translated all strings into english yet, so it's in german only right now (sorry).
There are still some things missing, and I also want to add some more decorations to change it from its mosque-look ^^'
But I guess it's okay as first impression.
To be able to udnerstand a bit of its functions, read the informations below the video.


LamiaCore is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Bot question...stupid question by the way
ok i have this litlle problem with CoPartener..that is i cant find it...i looked where i found it before...but when i download it...BOOM...just...
5 Replies - CO2 Main - Discussions / Questions



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:20.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.