Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Question] What if....?

Discussion on [Question] What if....? within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,189
[Question] What if....?

-
Thanks
4 Users
Old 09/03/2017, 05:02   #2

Edited : Hey Lamia, this idea seems great, you are genius i don't think any of our feedbacks will be more useful than small tips since u did already a lot xD
what do you have ideas about rewards ?
Old 09/03/2017, 06:10   #3

brilliant idea keep up the good work
Old 09/03/2017, 06:30   #4

Mint
Old 09/03/2017, 06:30   #5

Man you should open your own server you are crea5ive and it would be one of the best servers if run correctly
Old 09/03/2017, 07:05   #6

Just checked possible problems with stages on the same mappart of my second project,
but everything seems to work perfectly

Also tested my first project without to port into the guild-house (because haven't implemented that separated map yet xD), and the script works fine right now.

By the way: at the moment everything is written in german,
but if there are enough interested in, I'll translate it like before, too.
(Otherwise I'm really too lazy to rename 265 monsters twice + worldlocation and script-strings xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoule View Post
Man you should open your own server you are crea5ive and it would be one of the best servers if run correctly
Well, I'm glad to hear such an opinion, but there are several reasons why I don't do that. :S
Old 09/03/2017, 07:18   #7

I hardly can think any bad idea coming out from that head.Keep it up.I already offer you my help on skype with anything
Old 09/03/2017, 11:06   #8

Quote:
"guild house" is the only fitting one.
In World of Warcraft we call it: or Guild Vault, those are some other fitting names.

About the Sword Art Online dungeon system: I really hope you can make this work (I don't mean the scripting side, that should be easy for you. I mean thematically).

Let me explain:

Vulcanus was designed to be a "vertical dungeon". You clear a floor, then go deeper into the next floor, until you reach the boss at the bottom.

On paper that sounds cool.
But we all know that Rappelz don't have a Z-axis, there is no way to put things on top of eachother (meaning it's technically impossible to make floors on top of each other.).

And this is where Vulcanus loses it's charm. Players can clearly see the other floors in the minimap, and they can clearly see that they're just teleporting to the next room horizontally. It's like walking into the next room of the Labyrinth.

They don't feel the progress of going into a deeper/more challenging floor.
So in the end: Vulcanus is just like anyother dungeon in the game.

I really hope that you find an artistic way to make it feel like you're actually moving vertically between floors.

----------------------------------------------------

To try to help: Here is an even older game (called Metin2) that don't have a Z-axis. But it has a Demon Tower dungeon that manages to fool the brain into thinking that you're progressing vertically.

Video Link: (Skip to 0:45)

The main reasons for this are:

1/ The entrance to the dungeon is a big ass tower. So your brain thinks that you're going in there.

2/ All floors have that core in the center that supports the building's weight. This gives a real inside-a-tower feel.

3/ You can't see anything else in the minimap other than your floor. you can't see a teammate who's in another floor.
Old 09/03/2017, 11:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSM98 View Post
In World of Warcraft we call it: or Guild Vault, those are some other fitting names.

About the Sword Art Online dungeon system: I really hope you can make this work (I don't mean the scripting side, that should be easy for you. I mean thematically).

Let me explain:

Vulcanus was designed to be a "vertical dungeon". You clear a floor, then go deeper into the next floor, until you reach the boss at the bottom.

On paper that sounds cool.
But we all know that Rappelz don't have a Z-axis, there is no way to put things on top of eachother (meaning it's technically impossible to make floors on top of each other.).

And this is where Vulcanus loses it's charm. Players can clearly see the other floors in the minimap, and they can clearly see that they're just teleporting to the next room horizontally. It's like walking into the next room of the Labyrinth.

They don't feel the progress of going into a deeper/more challenging floor.
So in the end: Vulcanus is just like anyother dungeon in the game.

I really hope that you find an artistic way to make it feel like you're actually moving vertically between floors.

----------------------------------------------------

To try to help: Here is an even older game (called Metin2) that don't have a Z-axis. But it has a Demon Tower dungeon that manages to fool the brain into thinking that you're progressing vertically.

Video Link: (Skip to 0:45)

The main reasons for this are:

1/ The entrance to the dungeon is a big ass tower. So your brain thinks that you're going in there.

2/ All floors have that core in the center that supports the building's weight. This gives a real inside-a-tower feel.

3/ You can't see anything else in the minimap other than your floor. you can't see a teammate who's in another floor.
That dungeonsystem works already as it should

Already mentioned what is "only" missing
Old 09/03/2017, 12:08   #10

elite*gold: 15
I've had a metin2 server before rappelz. They are using a dungeon tower system with summoning stones that spawns more monsters when the health is droping from the stone. The tower works like this every stage requires to kill the elite monsters including the boss. All players will automaticly spawn to the next stage when these required monsters are killed. After like 10/15 stages you will face the big bosses when this stage is cleared. The last boss will spawn an npc that sells higher enchant stones for example 15 minutes. Please consider this if you are near done with the dungeon system.

I do appreciate your work to make rappelz more fun implementing new features. I wish i had the knowledge to do this. But with time i'm sure i'll be able to do this like you.
Old 09/03/2017, 12:18   #11

I really like the idea of the "SAO"-Dungeon, and tried creating one on my own a while ago - as a normal instanced 150-200 dungeon tho - but gave it up, since I didn't had time to work on it constantly, and my code was ... a mess xD - also balancing a dungeon reachng from 1 to 200++ is kinda difficult, since there are some OP classes and some that are neither tanky nor do huge damage.
Btw: isn't the "100-floors" thing mostly a copy-paste of code? I think it would be possible to create the first floor, calculate lvl / dmg / def etc differences and generate everything to floor 100 (or up to infinity). (on a second thought this is probably an awful idea, idk)

About the Z-axis: wouldn't it be possible to abuse the "layer"-axis as a Z-axis for each floor?
Old 09/03/2017, 12:59   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappler007 View Post
About the Z-axis: wouldn't it be possible to abuse the "layer"-axis as a Z-axis for each floor?
That's what I did
But you'll see when I release it.
My script itself isn't that long,
and as I said of course there's no guarantee that these monsters are well-balanced.
But Hey, if they aren't, they're still fixable.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/03/2017, 13:37   #13

This is a great idea!
Old 09/03/2017, 16:10   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamiaCore View Post
That's what I did
But you'll see when I release it.
My script itself isn't that long,
and as I said of course there's no guarantee that these monsters are well-balanced.
But Hey, if they aren't, they're still fixable.
Mentioning the Z-axis thing because @ said that "[...] Rappelz don't have a Z-axis, there is no way to put things on top of eachother (meaning it's technically impossible to make floors on top of each other.)." - actually that's not impossible, but the way to do it xD

Btw: I don't think balanced mobs are necessary, just any mobs - as you said already: everyone who wants to use the dungeon will have to balance them on his own according to server rates / stats / buffs / balance etc anyways. - same goes for drops, boss / mob skills / mob names and appearance.

I'm really looking forward for your release.
Old 09/09/2017, 14:10   #15

Okay, I will forget the idea with real "furnitures" because of a simple reason...
Fieldprops don't have a good interface to interact with - so I'll use some NPCs instead.
I hope you don't kill me for this xD

Guildhouse contains right now:
- Guild Bank to store money
- an Altar-NPC with +20% Bonuspoints
- an own Shop with items for Arenapoints/holicpoints
-> including converter of JP to AP/Holic (modification depends of course on server-rates)
- a Buff-NPC, also for Arena-Points

Anyway, it's not really fully completed yet :/

EDIT:
A small preview-video:

I haven't translated all strings into english yet, so it's in german only right now (sorry).
There are still some things missing, and I also want to add some more decorations to change it from its mosque-look ^^'
But I guess it's okay as first impression.
To be able to udnerstand a bit of its functions, read the informations below the video.