Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

《Partial Release》 Manage it Lite!

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,007
《Partial Release》 Manage it Lite!

*NULL*

Thanks
20 Users
Old   #2

nice release m8 .

Old   #3

elite*gold: 1
I will let you know what I think and if I run into anything.

I am currently working on building a 100% packed client. (Thanks to Exiled's client creator) So the table and RDB manager may get a lot of use from me right now.
Old   #4

Really good work bro !
I wait final tool version

Peace dude

Old   #5

elite*gold: 30
Decompilers don't actually decompile as well as you have written it, it actually translates a program to a pseudocode even if there is an assembly info contained in EXE already (which could be set in project options in VS), so at least ppl wont get all the pleasure and joy to see your real coding style=)
Old   #6

Just another unhelpful release to a dead community. What does this teach anyone, other than how to have their hand held. Want to help your community, teach them how to do the things your program does. But alas, we all know that's too much effort for you.
Old   #7

Sharing your software to complete will be done soon?
You are a great man ^^
Old   #8

very thank for this tool!
it's look very nice!
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundtaffy View Post
Just another unhelpful release to a dead community. What does this teach anyone, other than how to have their hand held. Want to help your community, teach them how to do the things your program does. But alas, we all know that's too much effort for you.
I dont get where the hate comes from. If you dont like the program dont use it and let it be my problem, what i am doing. It is my thing if i teach them what the program does or not.

And just to let you know, this program is a long time goal of me and its just a hobby. Why shouldnt i release it, its my Problem. ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sensi View Post
Sharing your software to complete will be done soon?
You are a great man ^^
There are many more Table supports planned and until they got finished there will be need much time
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

nice tool ^^

But why not have a modular architecture to let others create a module for other RDB format for other epics (either new one like 9.2 or older one like 5.2). So support for *** version of YYY RDB file does not depend on only you, as you may not have the time (or just don't want to) to add support for every RDB of every client versions
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
nice tool ^^

But why not have a modular architecture to let others create a module for other RDB format for other epics (either new one like 9.2 or older one like 5.2). So support for *** version of YYY RDB file does not depend on only you, as you may not have the time (or just don't want to) to add support for every RDB of every client versions
Thats a good question and to be truth, i never got the idea about that. And the rdb part wasnt planned at first for this tool. XD
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
nice tool ^^

@Raskim: No hate, just opinion. (consider hate if you like)

@Gr4ph0s:

You mean something like this:

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

I have not worked on him in some time, been busy with a paid project. He uses a structure.dll for loading

And uses SQL-Like Syntax for selecting, inserting, updating and deleting data from the datagrid.
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundtaffy View Post
@Raskim: No hate, just opinion. (consider hate if you like)

@Gr4ph0s:
You mean glandu2? haha don't offense glandu2...
Old   #14

if you want to do sql queries on RDB files, it's probably better to just convert to a in-memory sqlite database and let sqlite do the queries (which should be easy to do for a tool that already support creating SQL Server tables from RDB files)

And maybe faster too, 20sec to load 30k entries is a bit slow ^^ (as you don't need additional stuff to make sql queries easier to implement, sqlite does that and probably with a better performance)
And joins would be possible with sqlite without super-complicated stuff

Another idea is to make a ODBC driver to read RDB. Then you can use a existing SQL IDE to make queries, copy data to another database (either another RDB, or a real SQL server), ...
But a ODBC driver is not that easy to do (but it would be the most powerful thing to do about RDB, all other stuff like queries, graphical interfaces, ... already exists)

It's like reading data.000, the best thing to do would be like windows explorer does with zip files, i.e. read data.000 as a folder (but again, it's far from easy to do On another hand, on Linux (KDE) it's very easy and really great: http://i.epvpimg.com/RwWBc.png So any application can read any files without additional manipulation, and extracting/putting a file is just a copy/paste or drag/drop)

But as windows does not let us to do great stuff without overcomplicated code, Raskim's tool is still a great tool ^^

(maybe too much digress lol)
@undergroundtaffy
What i mean is to make a GUI without RDB structures inside, but use external file to describe a RDB so your GUI can display it and possibly convert it to a SQL table for example. So if there is a new RDB file that the tool can read, just make a new file that describe it and now the tool can read it and convert it to a SQL table. Like mine in fact : o (but mine is really focused on RDB files, nothing else)
So if structure.dll is a opensource DLL which anyone can create and the .exe does not know about RDB formats itself, then yes it's what i mean too

@Raskim
You should post screen shots in your first post, to have a fast view of your tool instead of lines of text, a bit like you made with the preview ^^
Old   #15

Ye I noticed the performance hit on loading, I checked against all other c# rdb editors and it loads a few seconds faster than them. I used a DotTrace on it and sped it up from 35+ seconds heh. At this point no more speed without going with structure hard coded (which will only give 4-5 more seconds faster) or moving to c++

I do not wanna learn c++, it's too much for me. But thanks for the words, I might revise the project at some point. (Yes it does use open source Structure.dll to load and save) + The Sql Query window was original just for searching (SELECT statements) but evolved into a manipulator (as rEDIT was to be used in a game-server project where the gs loaded directly from RDB [for arcadia] instead of SQL, so rEDIT was to be RDB IDE )