Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Development]Project Revelation (an epic 4 private server project)

Old   #106

elite*gold: 0

sorry =)

Old   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballx View Post

sorry =)
Unfortunatly by releasing links like we are still developing you may cause people to overwhelm us keeping us more busy to finish our goals, please let me advise you to remove the url, thank you.

currently this website will not be accessable, if it does occur again we'll take some diffrent actions.

thanks for understanding. please show some respect, this is really unhelpfull and unrespectfull.

Old   #108

Why even open this thread about a server when u are miles away from open it? Its like calling my self a parent just because i want to be a father in 10 years....
Thanks
1 User
Old   #109

I opened the thread as an idea as i did more work i decided to make it into a server if this was truely made to advertise a pserver u would see stats and a link to the site on the front page. When we are ready to launch there will probably be a new thread with everything needed server specs site and maybe a few screenshots.

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #110

Well I got a little question on the hand:

epic 4 had the taming system set to specific mobs named on the card. For example only Petite Latufel, Half Wing, and some other Angel type Mob could be tamed to get an Angel. Same with all tiers besides the NPC ones.

My question is: will you add this or will you skip it?

I mean it's not that big deal and I am struggling with getting all the Mobs for the Taming but it would be nice to have it if it is possible.
Old   #111

how many % would you say is current state ?
Old   #112

I think that this server is just a big joke , like come one guys !! , even Darknessfight didnt took that time !
Old   #113

elite*gold: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorecalce View Post
I think that this server is just a big joke , like come one guys !! , even Darknessfight didnt took that time !
You are the only joke here

and good luck xXExiledXx
Old   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by as9870 View Post
how many % would you say is current state ?
it was almost finished like 2 months ago as one of the dews stated that they where just waiting for website so i say give it 2 more months
Old   #115

Quote:
Fyi,
Its not a joke.
Ive been on it!!
People have lives, and dont live around your lil timeframe
If you want E4 so bad, GO ******* MAKE IT YOUR SELF!!!

For the rest of you patiently waiting, Keep up the good work!!
Good things come to those who wait

Peace
Old   #116

Quote:
Darknessfight didnt take this long becouse various reasons:
- They had a full repack provided that was already given on the forum.
- They didnt had to code anything besides a **** launcher.

(WE)Revelation are taking this long becouse:
- We are coding an new login server (already functions, just to make sure we did it right we go over each file everyday like 6times.)

- We had to code the 2/3th of the database ourselfs to even match up our login server, and not only that. we waren't provided with a ''repack'' we had to create the content else it would simply not be there.

- We are taking security upfront, something where darknessfight apperently went wrong by a so called ''ddos'' attack on their loginserver, which wouldent be happening to us (atleast not on the login server).

- We are preparing updates (ALREADY) before we release the client, and besides that we have yet to test our updating queue system.

- We are coding some missing npc scripts from old old old youtube videos of the questline(s) and taking an peek on the patch notes.

- We are making sure every skill ingame works, (e.x. does not cause a crash)

- We are making sure that the server is stable.

if this isnt worth waiting for... then you just have to try it urself. i mean delete everything from your repack, except Captainherlockserver and the PrincessAuroraServer.exe (no pdbs, and specially NO database recovery except for Auth to give you a little tiny help here.)

now, try what we did. dont use anyone's database. and try to make one.
see howlong that takes YOU to do.

-Misterd
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #117

"- We are coding an new login server (already functions, just to make sure we did it right we go over each file everyday like 6times.)"

Just to know, why not use mine as I release it (maybe lack of gui / special feature ? Found bugs ? or just not considered it ? any comments are really appreciated ^^)

And indeed, managing to get a stable server with content of different epic require lot of dev, and time
Old   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
"- We are coding an new login server (already functions, just to make sure we did it right we go over each file everyday like 6times.)"

Just to know, why not use mine as I release it (maybe lack of gui / special feature ? Found bugs ? or just not considered it ? any comments are really appreciated ^^)

And indeed, managing to get a stable server with content of different epic require lot of dev, and time
thanks for the offer glandu,

we could ofcourse use yours, but we decided to learn it on ourselfs, we added ofcourse a GUI something beginners do, but we like it for now, also we added a command parser like official GS has but triggered by an special keybound.

also, we wanted to learn more, and we did. by creating a login-patch-update server all-in-one, also we're trying to make an own databasing system for the Auth as we dont seem to need MSSQL for it, just storing inside a .dll or so can be possible doing.

for our idea's we created a login server, becouse if we use someone else it nice, but we arent able to edit anything on it.

now we can implant things as developer on startup login and such things

i think you understand
Old   #119

The only problem I have with waiting this long for the server to be released is if it's not perfect due to the amount of time being put in it will just seem like a huge waste of time for everyone involved.
Old   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashswagyolo View Post
The only problem I have with waiting this long for the server to be released is if it's not perfect due to the amount of time being put in it will just seem like a huge waste of time for everyone involved.
Like i said before, Like Glandu said before;

Making a server from scratch and keeping it clean & balanced DOES involve time & alot of work.

besides, if it looks like a huge waste of time to you, then why you even concider waiting for one at the first place? why even bother putting a post down that will change NO FACT that we are just going to work this one by one.

this tells me 2 things about YOU:
- you are unpatient
- you want things your way

im getting tired of these messages coming up, with people that have about 1 ~ 20 posts, please get your fake account posting somewhere elsewhere.

if you dont understand how things work, then try it urself like i said.

All i can say, is that (we) developers find it truely waiting for, many of these now-a-days players never played or met epic4.

And also may i note out ; we have a personal life.
we are not google-crawling servers that work 365days a year with a speed of 2,1TETABYTE... just brining you into my picture COSTS me time to anser you which will delay the progress even more.

I dont have to answer you ofcourse, but that wouldent be nice then another user goes ''hey we havent heard of you, and we want and answer howmuch % are you now?''.

dont get me wrong, for saying all this. but it is kind of rude to say to hard-working developers that waiting for epic4 is not worth the time we putten in it, specially if you are trying to draw our player base away before we even release is not nice at-all.

All i can say for the rest of everyone who is willing to wait...

keep on waiting, kick-ass server coming up ASAP, *places hamster wheel inside the computer case*....
Shouts in global : !WTB +20 Lv10 Hamster to feed the server....
oh wait.... Nauth::ERROR { force kick(); }
ok, i geuss i found a bug!