Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Discusson] The 8.2 taming system .

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
Ok so now we are still stuck at the dynamic taming id in the creature card . Plus the monster rdb doesn't seem to contain new taming id's .
Could it be that the taming skill data in skill resource changed so it can tame any mob and then everything else is lua related ?
I personally don't think so , what do you think ?

Old   #32

I know it's not ideal, but you could easily setup a random taming system via PHP or a Program. Again, not perfect but it would achieve the result you seek. And there is no new id's via Monster because the new pets are all OLD MONSTERS ^^ They just added in a little spice

Old   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealSky View Post
I know it's not ideal, but you could easily setup a random taming system via PHP or a Program. Again, not perfect but it would achieve the result you seek. And there is no new id's via Monster because the new pets are all OLD MONSTERS ^^ They just added in a little spice
Maybe you didn't understand me . I meant that the new summon id's in the summon.rdb aren't there in the monster.rdb and I mean the column "taming_id" .

Don't know how can you do that random thing via a program , maybe you can explain or give an example ?
Old   #34

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Yes third party programs that are accessing the telecaster database...Happy servercrashing...

This program has to be able to edit data in dbo.summon, dbo.item. Editing the dbo.item during the server is running...no good idea...why? check how fast the sids are changing if the server is running. I tried this some time ago and the server will keep crashing.

Old   #35

Indeed, I would never insert to dbo.Item directly - only to dbo.PaidItem as it is not directly referenced by the GS on the fly. Again not an ideal solution but it offers a way to engage a random pet taming system without 8.2 GS:

Example:

Script grabs player id (for reference)

It grabs card id (now either have the script hold a reference of all monsters he can tame or have that info stored into a db.

Script now does some random math to calculate failure or success of random mob, then inserts a pre-made pet card into the dbo.PaidItem as tamed, you open itembox and take it out.

But that seems more trouble than it's worth ^^
Old   #36

Quote:
Indeed, I would never insert to dbo.Item directly - only to dbo.PaidItem as it is not directly referenced by the GS on the fly. Again not an ideal solution but it offers a way to engage a random pet taming system without 8.2 GS:

Example:

Script grabs player id (for reference)

It grabs card id (now either have the script hold a reference of all monsters he can tame or have that info stored into a db.

Script now does some random math to calculate failure or success of random mob, then inserts a pre-made pet card into the dbo.PaidItem as tamed, you open itembox and take it out.

But that seems more trouble than it's worth ^^
Did you ever try to insert a tameflagged petcard into dbo.PaidItem...exactly this isn't working Only way could be to create every card doubled one empty one tamed...and even then...how do you want to start that external program if somebody tries to tame?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #37

It would have to be initiated via web-script or tool. As I said not worth the effort, you're right a tamed pet-card item would have to be available ^^
Old   #38

Quote:
It would have to be initiated via web-script or tool. As I said not worth the effort, you're right a tamed pet-card item would have to be available ^^
okay but that will make the tamingskill useless and you have to exclude the official tamingsystem to create a new tamingsystem. For me there is no way to execute a lua or something like that with a skill to start the external program.

if it's possible to start a lua during a skill the rest would be very very very very very very easy
Old   #39

UPDATE About the random type thing : Found out that the summonresource has 4 entries for each model , implementing those summons with their skills into my test server , I found out that those 4 different summons are the (tanker , healer , damage dealer , hunter ) .
Simply :
When you tame a monster it's type (tanker,healer...etc) isn't random , it depends on the summon_id .
Old   #40

It would be nice if someone can explain when are the two smps (insert_skill and update_skill) are triggered . Also why does the skill level in dbo.skill goes back to 1 on logout .
And is there a way to add a skill to creature's skill tree without using dbo.skilltreeresource ?
The reason why I am asking is that I got the random skills thing to work but the inserted random skill through an smp won't go up to level 2 in game , while in db it goes to higher than 1 normally but on logut it returns to 1 .
Old   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2010 View Post
UPDATE About the random type thing : Found out that the summonresource has 4 entries for each model , implementing those summons with their skills into my test server , I found out that those 4 different summons are the (tanker , healer , damage dealer , hunter ) .
Simply :
When you tame a monster it's type (tanker,healer...etc) isn't random , it depends on the summon_id .
There are 5 types
Thanks
1 User
Old   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
There are 5 types
Yep I noticed after writing that post .
Old   #43

A question to the KTS and Offi Players. What about the stats of the soul tamed pets? Are the stats random or static for each type of mob.

Per Example:
2 Tank Anatemas basic type have the same stats everytime or are there different stats even for the same type of mob?
Old   #44

@ c1ph3r i ask a good friend he told me that all of this pets have a nother stats
Old   #45

the soul pets are divided into 3 categories. tanks, dds, and healers of which there are both physical and mage of the dds. they have random stats and abilities so it would seem that that would be a place to start to try and make soul taming a reality on the pservers