Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Discusson] The 8.2 taming system .

Old   #16

elite*gold: 30
Well...
Some servers are found random skills as real problem to get full 8.2.
By the way, if discussions like this started, i can say something from my opinion.
I think there is the way to set random skills for creature using LUA. But it requires something like special NPC/item/other script handler to do such an action. And thats kinda noob way i guess but if someone has any ideas coming from this, would be great

Old   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongreldogg View Post
Well...
Some servers are found random skills as real problem to get full 8.2.
By the way, if discussions like this started, i can say something from my opinion.
I think there is the way to set random skills for creature using LUA. But it requires something like special NPC/item/other script handler to do such an action. And thats kinda noob way i guess but if someone has any ideas coming from this, would be great
Well , my idea was learning skills from an item .
And I think you know about the (random) function in lua .

Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2010 View Post
Well , my idea was learning skills from an item .
And I think you know about the (random) function in lua .
thats what i mean
btw as i said, it is some noob way. why? because when 8.2 server files will appear (by some mystic reasons ), it wont be a good way anymore
Old   #19

and odds of a person releasing the 8.2 is very low we all know that will be sold befor they give them away but idk maybe we get lucky

oh also i think its a new LUA they use cause i dumped the fiels for 8.2 and i sorted the monster table by tame ID and guse what no soul pets or tames rates at all for them so idk what to say about that one

Old   #20

Taming is not triggered via lua lol...its all db related...problem is we can't use the 8.2 db set because it not compatible with the 8.1 gs @ Mike.
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlejnek2 View Post
and odds of a person releasing the 8.2 is very low we all know that will be sold befor they give them away but idk maybe we get lucky

oh also i think its a new LUA they use cause i dumped the fiels for 8.2 and i sorted the monster table by tame ID and guse what no soul pets or tames rates at all for them so idk what to say about that one
True , the files WILL be sold only I think .
And BTW I saw the db_summon.rdb from 8.2 and it already has all the monsters summons . IDK why there aren't taming id's in db_monster.rdb as you said , maybe you are using the old structure ? It has a new structure now .
Old   #22

Received Thanks: 3,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by MhizzPinky View Post
Taming is not triggered via lua lol...its all db related...problem is we can't use the 8.2 db set because it not compatible with the 8.1 gs @ Mike.
Taming itself isn't triggered via database aswell, a database just stores information, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2010 View Post
True , the files WILL be sold only I think .
Someone will release them, we all know it...
If noone does it, I'll do it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #23

lol Xijezu would be great but just make sure ya dont bug them like last person did i just got sone fixing all the 8.1 bugs O.o hahaha na ya cool man if ya can get them ad have a working GS and a 8.2 sframe then great but i know this will take alot of time to do and make the gs work properly
Old   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Taming itself isn't triggered via database aswell, a database just stores information, nothing more.

Someone will release them, we all know it...
If noone does it, I'll do it.
Seriously xijezu
Now , and for that sentence , be ready for the PM rush .

Xijezu , can I modify the procedures for something like the taming system without the GS crashing ? Or any small change will make it crash ?
Old   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Wasn't saying taming was triggered via database was trying to say information for taming has to be in the database else it wouldn't work.
Old   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MhizzPinky View Post
Wasn't saying taming was triggered via database was trying to say information for taming has to be in the database else it wouldn't work.
wasn't saying that taming triggered by lua, we were speaking about learning creature skills=)
Old   #27

i believe i used the monster_db and the summon_db to compare the different types of mobs and then add the missing ids from one to the other but i dont remember witch direction bcs its months ago.
i give up this project bcs i failed at adding the right skills to these pets also i wasnt able to fix this duplication thingy for stackable petcards.

if you can do it it should be easy to get this new content working.
Old   #28

From what I fetched, monster.rdb has a new column which contains an ID for "soul tames", ranging from 0 to about 250. This must be linked to a lua file, which decides which soul pet will result.

Apparently, this "ID" is a unique key pairing the skin with the tier of the mob. What's left to do is find all the creature.rdb ids that are "first lvl" (evo1) and that match the tier and the skin of the mobs. Then chose from the soul pets available for that (tank/healer/phys DD/etc.).

Then for the skills, I haven't looked into it (client data-wise), but my first step would be to look into what's been posted on rad-community, which seems quite complete.

My 2 cents
Old   #29

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadkingbilly View Post
From what I fetched, monster.rdb has a new column which contains an ID for "soul tames", ranging from 0 to about 250. This must be linked to a lua file, which decides which soul pet will result.

Apparently, this "ID" is a unique key pairing the skin with the tier of the mob. What's left to do is find all the creature.rdb ids that are "first lvl" (evo1) and that match the tier and the skin of the mobs. Then chose from the soul pets available for that (tank/healer/phys DD/etc.).

Then for the skills, I haven't looked into it (client data-wise), but my first step would be to look into what's been posted on rad-community, which seems quite complete.

My 2 cents
The Pets are complete usable you only have to import random skillresource into the skilltreeresource and create some "random" skilltrees...but that isn't the main problem. The mainproblem are the tamingcards with the tamingids...in 8.2 there are no summon_ids in the tamincards because one card can tame a lot different pets...but with the 8.1 gameserver it's impossible.

Dumping the 8.2 Data from the Client needs about 5 Minutes inserting the new pets with skills into the arcadia db 5 Minutes more...creating a working random tamingprocess with the 8.1 client...biggest problem...
Old   #30

I'll trust you on that. I'm not into pservers, only into client data and I haven't got through pet skills yet