Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

editors fail to function in 8.1 discussion

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
editors fail to function in 8.1 discussion

ive been doing some thinking and perhaps they changed the layout of ether some of the the rdb's or the way there read & indexed.
it couldnt be extra packets or gameserve wouldnt work.
it has to be an rdb change or file dumping wouldnt work at all
if there is then it should be reflected in the db somewhere.
i mean they changed the layouts and packets in 7.4 so that pservers would die out at 7.3 it didnt work as we see.
in 8.1 they added an ip check to the sframe early 8.1 didnt have this i couldnt see this conflicting with dumps tho id say the first step is dumping sframe and seeing what were missing it cant be much i mean we can still do updates to server everything works the issue comes when using any known editors
i also noticed they couldnt have changed hash true name values or resource changes wouldnt stick.
feel free to leave comments ideas, thoughts but keep it on topic if you ask questions not pertaining to off-topic you will be ignored

Old   #2

They have change the logging system in 8.1/8.2.

The security of sandboxie is evolved

Old   #3

elite*gold: 1
Well I know as far as the string resource and db_string.rdb they changed the structure of some of the strings in the skill tooltips.

TheOnlyOneRaskim can explain it much better than I can but it has to do with the string data itself.
Old   #4

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
ive been doing some thinking and perhaps they changed the layout of ether some of the the rdb's or the way there read & indexed.
it couldnt be extra packets or gameserve wouldnt work.
it has to be an rdb change or file dumping wouldnt work at all
if there is then it should be reflected in the db somewhere.
i mean they changed the layouts and packets in 7.4 so that pservers would die out at 7.3 it didnt work as we see.
in 8.1 they added an ip check to the sframe early 8.1 didnt have this i couldnt see this conflicting with dumps tho id say the first step is dumping sframe and seeing what were missing it cant be much i mean we can still do updates to server everything works the issue comes when using any known editors
i also noticed they couldnt have changed hash true name values or resource changes wouldnt stick.
feel free to leave comments ideas, thoughts but keep it on topic if you ask questions not pertaining to off-topic you will be ignored
Don't know if i got you wrong but the ipcheck has nothing to do with the .rdbs or the structure it's complete sframe related...

Even with official client you are unable to connect to a pserver there is no check for modified data. There is only a check of the ip the client is connecting to. There are two possibilities to do things like that.

1. There is a valid IP List in the Client itself
2. The SFrame is checking the ip with a server in the internet.

If i'm a professional IT Company I would choose the second way to be sure that i'm able to modify the IP lists without patching the client. If there is a server that is responsible to do these ip checks we only have to emulate this server and to modify the ip. That can't be very hard^^

But this is only some thinking that was going on in my head. I didn't do much with the official SFrame only using the cracked one.

If you mean the DC errors by hovering the skills of a pet or something like that it's the stringresource there are a lot of functions in it since 8.1. But the only mistake was a bug in Raskims RDB editor that have been fixed long time ago (isn't public till now)

Most of DC Problems with this famous "Client got an error you will be kicked" (This is the german translation don't know the error in english) are because of different client server resources. Most important are StringResource Decompose and String

But perhaps i got you wrong..sorry it's a little bit hard to get the point of your post but perhaps only for me because i'm no native speaker^^

Old   #5

The Sframe contain a list of IP and if the IP of the authserver is not one of them, the message "BAD IP" appear

Just look my Sframe Unpacked ^^ maybe if he don't really work(IAT sucking) all the source and string are readable ^^
Old   #6

I think what Wisp is trying to get at is the fact that the structure of some of the rdbs changed, such as the string.rdb, and is causing the database manager tools that most people use to mod the client with to generate error codes.

The real question is has this issue been fixed to allow client modding with the most current 8.1 server files and the 8.2 retail client? If so what editor is working to that end?
Old   #7

I mostly got how the 8.2 formats of each rdb are written.

But im ~60% done with each rdb.

Whe im done this Program will be released. Promise.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

Received Thanks: 2,412
I will speak with a friend of mine who just recently handed me cs classes for current 8.1 rdb editors, with his permission I will give them to everyone here. But let's face it guys, there have been several threads on how to understand the .rdb and how to read/edit them. Just do some basic research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSmokeDrow
Editing an RDB is as easy as creating a program that converts HEX into Binary (or human-readable) at first this may seem a daunting task. But I assure you with the information below you will find it much easier:

RDB Structure:
- First 128-Bytes = File Date
- First 4-Bytes after File Date = Row Count
- First 4-Bytes after Row Count = Beginning of First Row

after the first section is figured out, the rest just depends on what fields are contained in that rdb (normally stick very close to the database structure, but won't be EXACTLY the same structure) then after you find the last field of the row, the very next 4-byte will be the beginning of the next row and so on all the way down the rest of the rdb.
Old   #9

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenOnlyWishes View Post
I think what Wisp is trying to get at is the fact that the structure of some of the rdbs changed, such as the string.rdb, and is causing the database manager tools that most people use to mod the client with to generate error codes.

The real question is has this issue been fixed to allow client modding with the most current 8.1 server files and the 8.2 retail client? If so what editor is working to that end?
I'm using a full 8.2 RDB Editor written on my own And yes there are full 8.2/fixed 8.1 RDB Editors but no release till now.

There isn't a big problem with the stringresource as i told you. As far as i know raskims rdb manager only messes up the "function" strings. But hey open your eyes there is another tool to read the string resource If you are unable to write/develop your own tool simply use the good old tool pyrok wrote it's working till today.

If you want to write your own rdb editor for the string resource it isn't very hard. the structure is exactly like the db structure + two count fields. I don't know exactly where the count fields are located but as far as i know they are at the beginning.

Example:
Header:
128 Byte Header Data,
Int32/4 Bytes Rowcount
Data:
Int32/4 Bytes : CNT_NAME
Int32/4 Bytes : CNT_VALUE
CNT_NAME Bytes : name
Int32/4 Bytes : Group_id
Int32/4 Bytes : Code
CNT_VALUE Bytes: Value

I don't know if the position of the counts are correct cause i'm on my mobile at the moment. But this should show the basic structure of the db_string.rdb. I think everyone should understand that.

And on this way every rdb file is build. Header is everytime the same and after that you should look into the db and compare the values till you will get the structure. That's the way everyone wrote his rdb editor.
Old   #10

If I actually knew any programming languages that I could use to build such an application that is.... I keep meaning to learn a few but it's a matter of having the time to sit down and learn them. BTW c1ph3r what language did you build yours in? C#?

It would also be nice to know more about the custom hash format of the files for the resource folder....
Old   #11

in 8.2, the password encryption has changed too, so now you can't connect to a private server with the newest sframe (the ph sframe is still using the old encryption based on DES)

To bypass the ip check, you can tell windows to add a ip to your local loopback interface, and then redirect all traffic on 127.0.0.1:4500/45xx to any private server. But it require the user to do that ...

For the 8.2 gameserver (if we will have it one day), a patched unpacked sframe should be needed, to keep easy installation by users.

For RDB reading, any language can be used. It's just not always the same API to do the same thing.

> 1. There is a valid IP List in the Client itself
> 2. The SFrame is checking the ip with a server in the internet.
>
> If i'm a professional IT Company I would choose the second way to be sure that i'm able to modify
> the IP lists without patching the client. If there is a server that is responsible to do these ip checks
> we only have to emulate this server and to modify the ip. That can't be very hard^^

I think it's hardcoded in the client, as the client is packed (and shouldn't be unpacked ) and even without any data.* it check before the auth_ip. You may want to test to alias the "devel" hostname with the hosts file and remove the /auth_ip parameter as it seems by default, that sframe use "devel" as the auth_ip, but never checked that
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
Don't know if i got you wrong but the ipcheck has nothing to do with the .rdbs or the structure it's complete sframe related...

Even with official client you are unable to connect to a pserver there is no check for modified data. There is only a check of the ip the client is connecting to. There are two possibilities to do things like that.

1. There is a valid IP List in the Client itself
2. The SFrame is checking the ip with a server in the internet.

If i'm a professional IT Company I would choose the second way to be sure that i'm able to modify the IP lists without patching the client. If there is a server that is responsible to do these ip checks we only have to emulate this server and to modify the ip. That can't be very hard^^

But this is only some thinking that was going on in my head. I didn't do much with the official SFrame only using the cracked one.

If you mean the DC errors by hovering the skills of a pet or something like that it's the stringresource there are a lot of functions in it since 8.1. But the only mistake was a bug in Raskims RDB editor that have been fixed long time ago (isn't public till now)

Most of DC Problems with this famous "Client got an error you will be kicked" (This is the german translation don't know the error in english) are because of different client server resources. Most important are StringResource Decompose and String

But perhaps i got you wrong..sorry it's a little bit hard to get the point of your post but perhaps only for me because i'm no native speaker^^
oh i was just pointing out factors jw actly released an sframe on the other forum a long time ago that has ip check removed il ask her if she minds if i post it if anyone wants it aside from the one already released to here really theres no diffrence
one day someone will get client source files thats what keeps me going lol then this wont ever be an issue as we could easily mod everything from packets to etc course then would come map editors too not that this isnt impossable now but it would def be easier then
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisp66 View Post
oh i was just pointing out factors jw actly released an sframe on the other forum a long time ago that has ip check removed il ask her if she minds if i post it if anyone wants it aside from the one already released to here really theres no diffrence
one day someone will get client source files thats what keeps me going lol then this wont ever be an issue as we could easily mod everything from packets to etc course then would come map editors too not that this isnt impossable now but it would def be easier then
can tell me how to do remove ip check thank or give me some inf
Old   #14

As I see in the last Sframe they added a fuction who check if the sframe is lunch by the official luncher or if is lunch by a .bat