Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Old   #1231

elite*gold: 1
Well it is having trouble because it can not create or over write this file...

c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA\arcadia8.1 .mdf

Although it should be arcadia8_1.mdf

Make sure in the restore options you are checking the box for "Overwrite with replace"

If that still fails delete the file and let it create a new one.

Old   #1232

elite*gold: 0
I make this but I have already the error ...

Old   #1233

So, I've been playing around a bit with customizations and have run into a bit of an issue. And before anyone points out the irony in my signature, I had a long healthy search before posting this question.

I edited my string rdb and since, for some reason, the game crashes every time I hover over any skill in either the skilltree or pet skill tree. I assumed something had changed in the string rdb structure from 7.4 to 8.1, but it doesn't have this effect when I hover over these skills in the skill-bar. The tooltip pops up as expected and there are no errors or issues of any sort. Thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has run into this issue.

Much appreciated.
Old   #1234

I have and restoring my Arcadia was what fixed it for me.

For me it started to occur after making master class.

Old   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
I have and restoring my Arcadia was what fixed it for me.

For me it started to occur after making master class.
Thanks, but the issue is with my string rdb, not the database.
Old   #1236

Solved ...
Old   #1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChinStrap View Post
Thanks, but the issue is with my string rdb, not the database.
Well I imported the ascii string DB also, made some changes but I make changes inside of the DB to the strings because I have the English one in there.

Made master class and noticed I was having issues.

Tried importing the 8.1 skill resource and skill tree resource to see if it would correct it and it did not.

I had done a back up of my DB after making the string edits and restored that same back up.

I still have the English ascii string and still have the same edits. The skill issue is however fixed.
Old   #1238

Quote:
So, I've been playing around a bit with customizations and have run into a bit of an issue. And before anyone points out the irony in my signature, I had a long healthy search before posting this question.

I edited my string rdb and since, for some reason, the game crashes every time I hover over any skill in either the skilltree or pet skill tree. I assumed something had changed in the string rdb structure from 7.4 to 8.1, but it doesn't have this effect when I hover over these skills in the skill-bar. The tooltip pops up as expected and there are no errors or issues of any sort. Thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has run into this issue.

Much appreciated.
I too had a similar issue with something similar and it turned out to be an error i had in my rdb writer ...not sure if its the same issue with you but....well what or whose rdb tool do you use?
Old   #1239

Received Thanks: 2,412
I actually had that problem, turned out to be a failed db_skill.rdb update on my end, are you sure you didn't change anything outside of the stringres...you can test this by simply deleting your stringresource over-ride. Hmn hit me up on skype noggles, I'll help ya out.
Old   #1240

Hello everyone,
maybe some of you may remember the old 7.1 Times...
Around this Time Pyrok started programming an Emulator,
but he never finished as far as i know.
I'm a C/C++ and would be interested to complete his Work on the Emulator &
Publish it here on E*Pvp so anyone could add more custom stuff to the Game.
Also a feature to execute SQL Commands out of lua would be possible.
But for this Project i would need the Source Files of Pyroks Emu ( Don't know if they exist anywhere,
i'm looking for them for several weeks, but can't find anything ).

Maybe one of the DEV's here ( ismoke , Xijetzu , .. ) got them
So please, if you got the Source Files of the Emu, could you shoult me a message with a Download Link?

Thanks in Advance,
your Turtle
Old   #1241

elite*gold: 30
Quote:

Much appreciated.
i saw a good stringresource rdb from Rappelz Tournament, its not bugging as this but its 7.4 and it means that some string such as new 8.1 items descriptions are messed up.
i had the same problem, and i just got sframe that could be supported by either 7.4 or 8.1 clients. Rappelz Tournament has this thing on their patch resources
Old   #1242

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:

Much appreciated.

Don't know exactly but did you insert your stringresource into the database? Since 8.1 there are some more strings that were used from the db string resource. Got some other problems because of that.

Another point is that since 8.1 (never saw it before) there are some functions in the string resource. Perhaps there is missing something like that in your rdb.

But i don't know exactly.
Old   #1243

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
I actually had that problem, turned out to be a failed db_skill.rdb update on my end, are you sure you didn't change anything outside of the stringres...you can test this by simply deleting your stringresource over-ride. Hmn hit me up on skype noggles, I'll help ya out.
Will do, mate. Just as soon as I have a bit of time to myself. Perhaps tomorrow or Monday. Hard to say with my schedule of late. Cheers, smokey.

I did definitely change things other than the string resource. I edited the item, skill, and summon tables/rdb's as well. But I can tell you with certainty they are not the issue. I tested it. I can assure you it's my db_string file.What I'm not certain of is whether I added something invalid or the rdb tool I'm using is inadequate for 8.1. I would assume it is the latter.
Old   #1244

Achtung Noob Frage =)

Wo trägt man ein Scrip beim SQL-Management Studio ein ?

Habe zum Beispiel ein script für einen Creature Spawner wo muss das jetzt hin ?
Old   #1245

Eins von beiden wirds schon sein ^^

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

---

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Da die Haupt Lua Funktion reinschreiben und die entsprechende Funtion in ein Lua Script einfügen oder ändern.

Thanks
1 User

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz