Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Old   #5191

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfcc View Post
Hello guys,

I'm trying to make NPC walking as guards patrols (which are monsters).
Also I tried to modify, in NPCResource table, columns : is_roam (1) , roaming_id (ex : 4004), standard_walk_speed (40), standard_run_speed (80), walk_speed (40) and run_speed (80)

Gameserver crash when roaming_id > 0

I took my roaming_id from RoamingResource table, but I think it is a different table for NPCs ...

Is someone have tried to make NPC moving?

Thanks
Wen
I have tried this before as-well with a similar result. It is my belief that this feature for NPC was not implemented completely (like lightning in the weather effects) just bad cleanup on the developers part.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5192

Received Thanks: 1,007
Quote:
Hello guys,

I'm trying to make NPC walking as guards patrols (which are monsters).
Also I tried to modify, in NPCResource table, columns : is_roam (1) , roaming_id (ex : 4004), standard_walk_speed (40), standard_run_speed (80), walk_speed (40) and run_speed (80)

Gameserver crash when roaming_id > 0

I took my roaming_id from RoamingResource table, but I think it is a different table for NPCs ...

Is someone have tried to make NPC moving?

Thanks
Wen

The Roaming System is quiet easy. You just have to open your eyes...

You have to use the RoamingResource Table. Create a new, not used id, fill the needed infos (if i remember correct you have to use hate_type 1 for peacefull).

Than go ahead to The RoamingPointResource and create entrys for each way point.

e.g.
Point 0 goes to 1, 1 goes to 2 and so on.

And the last step is, you have to fill the needed LUA entrys for that roaming id.
So open up your monster_roaming.lua and add the lines for each mob/npc wich has to walk in that group

e.g.

Code:
respawn_roaming_mob( roaming_id, npc_id, position_in_group, count, time_it_lasts )
it is possible that the params are wrong, since i didnt used the roaming for over 2 years now xDDD

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5193

Thanks for this explanation, but respawn_roaming_mob takes id from MonsterResource table and not from NPCResource table (that's my problem)
I'm using 9.1 Server, perhaps yours was a different version?
I think same as SilentWisdom but I expected for someone had done this before ^^
Old   #5194

as raskim said use your eyes xD - roaming resource is database table.

U Have to edit NPC Resource and fill out is_roam and roaming_id then fill out roaming resource using the roaming id and roaming point resource using id and waypoints.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5195

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJaegerMeisteRX View Post
as raskim said use your eyes xD - roaming resource is database table.

U Have to edit NPC Resource and fill out is_roam and roaming_id then fill out roaming resource using the roaming id and roaming point resource using id and waypoints.
Thanks again, but as I said in my original post : Gameserver crash when roaming_id > 0 <- that's in NPCResource table.

I already verified that the roaming_id is ok in RoamingResource table and have way points associated in the RoamingPointResource table.
Old   #5196

I will test later and confirm, but at-least in 6.2 the GS simply crashes if you give an npc a roaming id > 0. Even if there is a properly formed roamingresource entry and waypoints. Will report results upon testing.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #5197

elite*gold: 1
What if you use the wandering merchant...

Code:
11042	100011042	105011042	99	0	0	0	0	0	1048575	5	-25	30	beast_rapter_lv1	10106	10202	234201	0	0	0	0	303101	304302	0	0	0	0	0	0	100	1	5120	40	80	40	80	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	NPC_Quest_roaming_merchant_contact()	-1	1
Or at least use it for reference.
Old   #5198

Received Thanks: 1,007
Quote:
Thanks for this explanation, but respawn_roaming_mob takes id from MonsterResource table and not from NPCResource table (that's my problem)
I'm using 9.1 Server, perhaps yours was a different version?
I think same as SilentWisdom but I expected for someone had done this before ^^
Like i wrote in my previous Post. I didnt used roaming long time now.

But on one of my older Projects, i made a town wich only had roaming npc's.

I guess it was a 7.x server. Dont know yet. So maybe it's not possible for 9.1.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #5199

OK i don't know but we have an roaming npc on our server walking around in horizon.

Look at thndr post be sure your X and Y is empty ( 0 ) roaming npc's have no fixed values for position or for face. try using monster model for npc with race_id 99 and sex_id 0. Look at monster_motion_set try using walk motion_file for this monster model.
But i think that you do not need this value. at roaming resource try roaming_type 1 for from a to b and back or 2 for waypoints going around. roming_point's first waypoint has point id 0 and then use 4 waypoints to try.

Remember that roaming npc's in town like guards in horizon are monsters and not npc's

Be sure that your roaming_id is unique and is not used by monster in lua script.

look at this roaming npc

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5200

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJaegerMeisteRX View Post
OK i don't know but we have an roaming npc on our server walking around in horizon.

Look at thndr post be sure your X and Y is empty ( 0 ) roaming npc's have no fixed values for position or for face. try using monster model for npc with race_id 99 and sex_id 0. Look at monster_motion_set try using walk motion_file for this monster model.
But i think that you do not need this value. at roaming resource try roaming_type 1 for from a to b and back or 2 for waypoints going around. roming_point's first waypoint has point id 0 and then use 4 waypoints to try.

Remember that roaming npc's in town like guards in horizon are monsters and not npc's

Be sure that your roaming_id is unique and is not used by monster in lua script.

look at this roaming npc

Thanks, Got it working!
The X, Y and face position wasn't set to 0. I tried to use the npc 11042 but I did'nt understood the coords X and Y.

The motion_id doesn't work but I'm still searching my mistake
Thanks
1 User
Old   #5201

Guten Abend,ich bräuchte einwenig hilfe.Ein Bekannter und ich haben alles wie beschrieben auf 2 unterschiedlichen Rechnern konfiguriert und ausgeführt und können alles starten,soweit.
der launscher etc startet können benutzernamen und passwort angeben und wenn wir login drücken passiert nix.
Es erscheint keine fehlermeldung,es tut sich nix!

schonmal danke im vorraus
Old   #5202

wenn ihr auf login klickt sollte zumindest eine fehlermeldung kommen, das der login falsch ist. sollte der login richtig sein, solltet ihr zumindest in die serverauswahl kommen. selbst wenn der gameserver nicht gestartet ist kbekommt ihr eine leere liste angezeigt.

welche gameserver version benutzt ihr und welchen auth (auth emu oder rappelz auth.exe)

Hört sich schon ganz danach an als wenn der auth client port nicht freigegeben ist bzw falsch eingestellt ist , welcher vom laucher aus zum auth connectet.

laucher einstellung für den port z.b. /auth_port:1234
auth.opt = io.auth.port:1234

Was sagt der Auth server beim starten? was sagt der gameserver beim starten?
Old   #5203

Maybe my question will be an idiot question but it will be idiot to not ask.
The Auth database of 9.1 can be used for the 8.1 server of this guide : ???
I have seen (and thanks smoke) for the 9.1 guide but i want return on 8.1 and don't found auth database (link dead) that's why i ask.
Thanks for answer
Old   #5204

elite*gold: 1
The auth database has been the same aside from a few columns since they started working with epic 6 here at EPVP.

Yes it will work to create an epic 8.1 server.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #5205

ok thanks thndr

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz