Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help Thread] Please post your questions here.

Discussion on [Help Thread] Please post your questions here. within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 10/27/2013, 15:31   #2671

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
You know this exact thing has been asked and discussed numerous times.

But as usual:

All "Box" or "Random Box" items are connected to an entry in the dbo.DropGroupResource (look at the item opt_vars for an id like -xxxxxxx (this is the boxes drop group id)

go to dbo.DropGroupResource and bring up the id in quest WHERE id = -xxxxx

Each entry can hold 9 items and each item field can link to another dropgroupresource in effect allowing you to add an inumerable amount of items to your random box.

However keep in mind that say you have 2 items in the dropgroup, you need to balance it correctly (via item drop percentage) So if you want either item a to drop or item b to drop at 50% you put them both at fifty percent

If you want item a to drop more often than item b you put item a's drop percentage higher than item b's but remember your total drop percentages shouldn't exceed 100%

OH and drop_min/max is the minimum / maximum amount the item will drop so for example if min is 1 and max is 100 anything between 1 and 100 will drop when that drop is selected from the entry

p.s. I believe that if you have to ask every single thing about a p-server you shouldn't be running an open p-server, hamachi or non (just my thoughts)
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/27/2013, 18:27   #2672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
You know this exact thing has been asked and discussed numerous times.

But as usual:

All "Box" or "Random Box" items are connected to an entry in the dbo.DropGroupResource (look at the item opt_vars for an id like -xxxxxxx (this is the boxes drop group id)

go to dbo.DropGroupResource and bring up the id in quest WHERE id = -xxxxx

Each entry can hold 9 items and each item field can link to another dropgroupresource in effect allowing you to add an inumerable amount of items to your random box.

However keep in mind that say you have 2 items in the dropgroup, you need to balance it correctly (via item drop percentage) So if you want either item a to drop or item b to drop at 50% you put them both at fifty percent

If you want item a to drop more often than item b you put item a's drop percentage higher than item b's but remember your total drop percentages shouldn't exceed 100%

OH and drop_min/max is the minimum / maximum amount the item will drop so for example if min is 1 and max is 100 anything between 1 and 100 will drop when that drop is selected from the entry

p.s. I believe that if you have to ask every single thing about a p-server you shouldn't be running an open p-server, hamachi or non (just my thoughts)
Aw thanks for your help really! and i actually respect your thoughts.
Just to remind you, this thread is open for everybody and we share our experience here and help each other.

So if we are bothering you, then i would ask you nicely and with all respect to just walk away from here (i wouldn't say this party).

Everyone starts as a Beginner even you, until we can stop asking then we would be in your place answering others and helping them.
I am not a programmer or Developer but i would learn all of these stuff, I hope you don't mind and i hope you to not stop me please.
Old 10/27/2013, 19:14   #2673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada92 View Post
Just to remind you, this thread is open for everybody and we share our experience here and help each other.

So if we are bothering you, then i would ask you nicely and with all respect to just walk away from here (i wouldn't say this party).

Everyone starts as a Beginner even you, until we can stop asking then we would be in your place answering others and helping them.
I am not a programmer or Developer but i would learn all of these stuff, I hope you don't mind and i hope you to not stop me please.
amen
Old 10/27/2013, 22:25   #2674

Received Thanks: 2,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada92 View Post

I stand by what I said, if it wasn't for Thndr you and several others wouldn't even have a server. This I consider to be a problem, but if you choose to take my words as cruelness be far from me to deny you. I have no intent to put anyone down, just wanna stay realistic and the realistic thought is there is MUCH harder things you will have to contend to while being a server admin.

If you have to ask a question every day or two days about nearly everything I just don't feel this is for you, because there is a million guides, a nice allotment of tools and heck I'm even writing up a full wikia for you guys.

Sorry you don't agree, but I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/29/2013, 00:05   #2675

NPC_Special_buff_aid()

i am getting a

sql error (102):incorrect syntax near '()'.

LUA Scripts:

NPC Buff System:
Old 10/29/2013, 00:47   #2676

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
Any more to this error message...

sql error (102):incorrect syntax near '()'.

Like a continuation of the message for details...

On line ***

or some other direction I have looked at the scripts and do not see an issue unless like he was stating one of the functions does not work with 8.1 and up
Old 10/29/2013, 00:59   #2677

UPDATE TOP(1) "Arcadia"."dbo"."NPCResource" SET "contact_script"='NPC_Special_buff_aid()' WHERE "id"=9912 AND "text_id"=100009912 AND "name_text_id"=105009912 AND "race_id"=5 AND "sexsual_id"=2 AND "x"=172573 AND "y"=51887 AND "z"=0 AND "face"=180 AND "local_flag"=1048575 AND "is_periodic"=b'0' AND "begin_of_period"='2000-01-01' AND "end_of_period"='2000-01-01' AND "face_x"=2 AND "face_y"=-7 AND "face_z"=14 AND "model_file"='npc_asm_common004' AND "hair_id"=10103 AND "face_id"=10204 AND "body_id"=233301 AND "weapon_item_id"=0 AND "shield_item_id"=0 AND "clothes_item_id"=0 AND "helm_item_id"=0 AND "gloves_item_id"=303501 AND "boots_item_id"=304101 AND "belt_item_id"=0 AND "mantle_item_id"=0 AND "necklace_item_id"=412100 AND "earring_item_id"=423102 AND "ring1_item_id"=0 AND "ring2_item_id"=0 AND "motion_id"=0 AND "is_roam"=0 AND "roaming_id"=0 AND "standard_walk_speed"=0 AND "standard_run_speed"=0 AND "walk_speed"=0 AND "run_speed"=0 AND "attackable"=0 AND "offensive_type"=0 AND "spawn_type"=0 AND "chase_range"=0 AND "regen_time"=0 AND "level"=0 AND "stat_id"=0 AND "attack_range"=0 AND "attack_speed_type"=0 AND "hp"=0 AND "mp"=0 AND "attack_point"=0 AND "magic_point"=0 AND "defence"=0 AND "magic_defence"=0 AND "attack_speed"=0 AND "magic_speed"=0 AND "accuracy"=0 AND "avoid"=0 AND "magic_accuracy"=0 AND "magic_avoid"=0 AND "ai_script"='0' AND "contact_script"='NPC_sweet_drink_contact()' AND "texture_group"=-1 AND "type"=0;
/* SQL Error (102): Incorrect syntax near '0'. */

this is the text it gives at bottom if it helps its the only other thing i see
Old 10/29/2013, 01:24   #2678

Oh that's not what you wrote above at all

With the () instead of the 0 I thought it was a lua error but your trying to use the SQL to create the buffer and getting the error just a sec for me to look at the SQL

You may be able to just do this but let me take a look at it first...

Code:
UPDATE Arcadia.dbo.NPCResource SET contact_script = 'NPC_Special_buff_aid()' WHERE id = 9912
I looked at it and it used to be a Sweet Drink Contact for some event.

You may also need to SET local_flag = 1 to make him visible

By editing his X Y you can put him where you like.

Is periodic is already 0 for off but you may need to change the end period I am not sure how that works.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/29/2013, 01:39   #2679

ok that worked dont know why it would not just let me do it the other way

+ thanks
Old 10/29/2013, 01:51   #2680

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiaktommy616 View Post
ok that worked dont know why it would not just let me do it the other way

+ thanks
You had a semi colon after the 0 at the end maybe that was it, but there is really no need to call out every field of the NPC = to something.

NPC ID is usually unique (I say usually because I have some with the same ID and they still function)

You can find out if the ID is unique and only affecting one NPC with the script I ran to look at it...

Code:
select * from dbo.NPCResource where id = 9912
It returned the one NPC that I could look at and review.
Old 10/29/2013, 02:26   #2681

ohh ok thank ya
Old 10/30/2013, 02:50   #2682

Error :(

Hello, here is my error (Localeinfo file not found)
How can I fix? use sframe Ph 8.1 and 8.1 ondine Rappelz client, please let help

Screen error:

If I have to use another client give me the link that the discharge through
Old 10/30/2013, 03:04   #2683

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciccioxd View Post
Hello, here is my error (Localeinfo file not found)
How can I fix? use sframe Ph 8.1 and 8.1 ondine Rappelz client, please let help

Screen error:

If I have to use another client give me the link that the discharge through
You get that error sometimes when there is a syntax error in your .bat launcher.

Usually a missing space, so if you could post your .bat as is I may be able to show you where it is.
Old 10/30/2013, 03:10   #2684

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr View Post
You get that error sometimes when there is a syntax error in your .bat launcher.

Usually a missing space, so if you could post your .bat as is I may be able to show you where it is.
Here:

@ECHO OFF
Start SFrame.exe /auth_ip:my ip XD /locale:ASCII /country:us /cash /commercial_shop
Old 10/30/2013, 03:15   #2685

Try country:US

with capital letters for US

Other than that locale info file is packed in the clients your client should have it as long as it has all the data files.

Tags
7.4, client, rappelz