Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

JW988's STEP BY STEP GUIDE

Closed Thread

Old   #211

elite*gold: 0
hmm i have a probl i do everything correct when instaling "SQL server 2008 R2" but after instalation and i go to "start", "Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2" than i only find the "Import and export data (64-bit)" and "Configuration Tools" but no more, so what should do?

Old   #212

do you have install mysql 32 bit?

Old   #213

hmm im not quite good with comp but is mysql another program? if not than this is my answer: i tryed to install SQL server 2008 with 32 bit on my 64bit comp but it automatic be 64 bit
Old   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryy3 View Post
hmm i have a probl i do everything correct when instaling "SQL server 2008 R2" but after instalation and i go to "start", "Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2" than i only find the "Import and export data (64-bit)" and "Configuration Tools" but no more, so what should do?
I am not sure where you downloaded it, but there are two versions out there. One comes with all the additional tools and one is just the database stuff. i guess yours is the latter.
And I have win 7 64 bit, but I still have SQL Server 2008 R2 32 bit running, so its not automatically 64 bit, if you download the correct installation file.

Old   #215

:S i tryed but dont work
Old   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryy3 View Post
:S i tryed but dont work
from first glance i noticed your config is 64 bit you need to use 32 bit express version even tho your system is 64 bit... it wont hurt i promise you can use 64 bit but it will fight you every step of the way.
32 bit is just easier
Old   #217

Hi!

i know, the guide says, i have to disable the password for the database user, but i really don;t like to leave anything like this, wide open on my system
is there a way to set up the server using a database user with a password enabled?

i noticed, that there are a few settings about it (db.auth._password, db.c._password, db.user._password), but i don't seem to make it work: whenever i set up the password, and provide it to the command mentiend here, the auth- and gameserver can't connect to the database

so my question is, is it possible (and how is it possible) to use a password protected user?

thanks in advance

regards,
VladimirR
Old   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirR View Post
Hi!

i know, the guide says, i have to disable the password for the database user, but i really don;t like to leave anything like this, wide open on my system
is there a way to set up the server using a database user with a password enabled?

i noticed, that there are a few settings about it (db.auth._password, db.c._password, db.user._password), but i don't seem to make it work: whenever i set up the password, and provide it to the command mentiend here, the auth- and gameserver can't connect to the database

so my question is, is it possible (and how is it possible) to use a password protected user?

thanks in advance

regards,
VladimirR
Have u used a md5 hash as the password in those bits? as u need that.

Just put ur db pass as a md5 hash in ur Opt files where u need them.
Old   #219

guys,, i configured a server just to test some pets and others upgrades rates.

1. If i use 127.0.0.1 in gameserver.opt and .bat file I can access it great. Same if I use my lan IP 192.168.1.*** in gameserver.opt and .bat client. But, if I use my WAN IP in .bat file, then the client freeze for few seconds and close. then i get an error saying isnt possible to connect to the server. I added WAN IP to gameserver.opt and no success too.

2. and other problem: i can add buffs great but i cant add itens to char using #insert_item function.

how can i fix these?

thx
Old   #220

I have used the 64 bit version first and im getting all the time a server crash. Now im using the 32 bit version an i also get everytime a server crash. Do i have to re setup my windows server 2k8 that the 32 bit version will work with the server? or is there no way to fix my problem ? ._.
Old   #221

You don't have the right port configuration. If you're planning on gaming with a small group of friends, install Hamachi and set all the IPs to your Hamachi IP (minus database IPs, which should remain 127.0.0.1 as long as they are local). Use the Hamachi IP as the auth IP after that.
Old   #222

thx,, i tried hamachi and worked fine,, the problem is the lag to sell/update skills now
Old   #223

Code:
gameserver.opt->
S log.working:0
Old   #224

its better now,, thx
Old   #225

hello i am new and its a good guide but i don't found the game_bin.rar .Where are this files please ?

Closed Thread