I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to Berkay2578 (Legend), Nilzao and Devious. Never thought I would play NFSW again, but thanks to Berkay, Yesterday, I found his thread and now i have it up and running. I added basic harder opponents and am having a blast. Nostalgia overload. I almost wet my pants, hehe. Absolute respect for everyone who is still working on it.
A weird question is still left (in my mind): "What about the Offline-Server?"
Is the development of it completely "done" now? Or do you do something in the future?
The thing is: Does it makes sense to develop it any further?
are you sure you compiled the "release" branch and not master? because master has authentication and user login while release is pretty much an offline server.
No I'm not really sure Tbh I barely know what I'm doing but I'm an impatient fag who just can't wait and trying to compile it
I tried to run the server (I compiled the "master" branch) on a PC connected to another PC through direct WLAN (only two PCs, no routers or anything). Ping was below 5ms and all fiewalls were disabled.
• All HTTP/XMPP part is working absolutely well. Chat, powerups, etc.
• The UDP part is not working as it should do:
- Event join works
- Lobby works
- Race is not working
Both PCs "see" all the two players in the race, but only one "moves" (who controls the car). The opponent's car remains like "frozen" or moves a very very little in the same direction forever.
The pre-race countdown ("3,2,1") isn't synchronzed between the 2 PCs (one person can launch the car earlier or later). The strange thing is that, when I started before my opponent, then I saw him having the Perfect Start animation (while he was launching his car on the other PC) even if he was completely static on the road on my PC.
So, am I missing something obivious to run the server correctly?
I haven't noted anything strange or errors on the two cmd windows.
I tried to run the server (I compiled the "master" branch) on a PC connected to another PC through direct WLAN (only two PCs, no routers or anything). Ping was below 5ms and all fiewalls were disbled.
• All HTTP/XMPP part is working absolutely well. Chat, powerups, etc.
• The UDP part is not working as it should do:
- Event join works
- Lobby works
- Race is not working
Both PCs "see" all the two players in the race, but only one "moves" (who controls the car). The opponent's car remains like "frozen" or moves a very very little in the same direction forever.
The pre-race countdown ("3,2,1") isn't synchronzed between the 2 PCs (one person can launch the car earlier or later). The strange thing is that, when I started before my opponent, then I saw him having the Perfect Start animation (while he was launching his car on the other PC) even if he was completely static on the road on my PC.
So, am I missing something obivious to run the server correctly?
I haven't noted anything strange or errors on the two cmd windows.
You did all right,
the udp server needs better implementation, we realized that both computers need to be near specs...
the udp server needs better implementation, we realized that both computers need to be near specs...
example, i can't race intel i3 vs i7...
Yeah, I understand...
I used an Athlon X4 860K @4,0 GHz (Quad Core) and an A8-4500M @2,3 GHz (also Quad Core). The game runs fluently on similiar deail level on both hardware, but at this point is not enough to achieve perfect sync.
Maybe is exactly the CPU clock speed that matters, because I had the impression that the UDP server on my PC "didn't wait" the game on the other PC... so sync is screwed.
I hope you find a way to fix all these problems. Take all the time the project needs.