Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 12:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS World Offline Developement Thread

Discussion on NFS World Offline Developement Thread within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Old 05/06/2016, 08:42   #1846

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alomniux View Post
And what about borrow the sound from the UC GTO then? becuase I use that one and sounds
What do you mean? UC Pontiac? The undercover police variant? Or the '65 GTO from NFS UC? Care to explain a bit?

If you mean the undercover police one, it doesn't have sound. Seriously, explain a bit.
Old 05/06/2016, 18:27   #1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdk View Post
What do you mean? UC Pontiac? The undercover police variant? Or the '65 GTO from NFS UC? Care to explain a bit?

If you mean the undercover police one, it doesn't have sound. Seriously, explain a bit.
Yeah I meant that one (the cop variant), but in that case I'll found a way to add it a sound
Old 05/06/2016, 19:53   #1848

Interesting. So there are some cars, who haven't a sound yet? But it nice to hear that you can add a soudn for them too.

So amazing what the community found out so far. A very big thanks for that.
Old 05/07/2016, 06:07   #1849

AI cars have different behaviors which can be found in the entry that they are linked. Ex: pvehicle>default>cars>cops/racers/tractors/traffic

So the AI doesn't have sound because their BEHAVIOR_MECHANIC_AUDIO are set to "SoundCop" (in case of the AI cop cars) and "SoundTraffic" (in case of the AI traffic cars). However, changing this to the "SoundRacer" (which of course, is the behavior for the player's cars), the cop cars will no longer have siren sound and traffic cars will no longer have their sounds effects such as horns.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 05/07/2016, 08:19   #1850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta256 View Post
AI cars have different behaviors which can be found in the entry that they are linked. Ex: pvehicle>default>cars>cops/racers/tractors/traffic

So the AI doesn't have sound because their BEHAVIOR_MECHANIC_AUDIO are set to "SoundCop" (in case of the AI cop cars) and "SoundTraffic" (in case of the AI traffic cars). However, changing this to the "SoundRacer" (which of course, is the behavior for the player's cars), the cop cars will no longer have siren sound and traffic cars will no longer have their sounds effects such as horns.
I knew I was missing something obvious! Thx man . I'll test when I get the chance.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/09/2016, 14:16   #1851

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 6,394
Do any of you have 3 screens or some display as big as 6000x6000? Or, just have time to install Windows as Virtual Machine and simulate 6k display in it?

If so, I have some things for you to do.
  1. Kindly download the attachment and extract its content to {NFSW_Folder}/Data/GFX (overwrite if asked, take a backup beforehand).
  2. Launch nfsw, get in to freeroam.
  3. In chat, type in(without quotations):
    "console.enable" (press enter)
    "mode.toggle" (press enter)
  4. See if any extra screen shows up in-game, something that can be dragged from the left-hand side of the screen maybe.
  5. Press they key Tilde("~") and see if anything shows up.
  6. Report here.

Thanks (:
Attached Files
File Type: rar GFX.rar (52.1 KB, 31 views)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/09/2016, 18:51   #1852

КOk...

When i try to extend game window to 6000px, game crashed. I will update this post

console.enable don't show any effect, ~ button too

6000x6000 resolution gives BSOD

3000x3000 doesn't show any additional info
console.disable gives strange transparent chat-like texture in chat, console.enable removes it

/legal - game credits
/MyPosition - current car position
(commands works without mod!)

you can replace console.gfx with chatgadget.gfx and get console, but Turn ON button don't give a effect (but button code says "startConsole"), maybe NFSW have developer mode?
Thanks
5 Users
Old 05/10/2016, 04:51   #1853

Without it (the screen mod), we got an Fatal_error_13

and is called Debug Mode Hypercylce
Old 05/10/2016, 11:42   #1854

elite*gold: 65
This happened by replacing "Console.gfx" with "ChatGadget.gfx"

Chat End - closes the Debug Console
commonHUD Start/End - Topbar on / off
NewsGadget Test - Opened the News-Window

Hmm but still interesting
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/10/2016, 13:31   #1855

He he, looks really like something from a "science-fiction movie".

But I have one question: Are there even displays with 6000x6000 out there? I think it's a joke, cause there are max. 2160px at the moment on TV - also known as "4K UHD".

But nice try to bring the game up higher...
Old 05/10/2016, 14:15   #1856

Maybe we need to have console AND chat at same time? (enter commands, and try to manipulate into console window)?
Old 05/11/2016, 11:50   #1857

Better replace news.gfx, can be moved,hide with ~ and can be used in any resolution
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/12/2016, 01:01   #1858

Thanks for the input fellas!

Hypercycle, Console needs to be initialized only once. When you replace ChatGadget with Console, it gets redrawn every time game loads ChatGadget, which is pretty much always. I'm going to try to change BuildConfiguration in nfsw.exe from Milestone to Debug and see if that makes it load Console separately.

Aeroaqua, news are parsed within the game, I think game might crash if you do that.

BTW, soapbox-race has now reached OfflineServer capabilities while being online and supporting multiple users. ( see: ) All that's missing right now are economy, proper baskets and inventory system... not that far away. Although, I have finals the next two weeks so I won't be able to touch the server much during those.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 05/12/2016, 13:09   #1859

You can replace console with news gadget without any problem, it works.
Also, it can be hidden with ~ button sometimes.
Old 05/12/2016, 14:21   #1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercycle View Post
You can replace console with news gadget without any problem, it works.
Also, it can be hidden with ~ button sometimes.
Interesting... still doesn't make Console act as a stand-alone though. Thanks for the input.