Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Need for Speed World
You last visited: Today at 08:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NFS World - Offline Server

Discussion on NFS World - Offline Server within the Need for Speed World forum part of the Other Online Games category.

Closed Thread

Old 08/28/2015, 18:22   #4771

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
Maybe the file you downloaded is not in the current directory (or whatever directory you mentioned)

I can't really help you there. I'm not in the mood to help much anymore. (I've gone back to TM2 modding)

(I have different files on my desktop in where most just ends up in a cesspool) Just learn how to use traverse folders with the CD (Dos)
some special characters:
. = current directory
.. = go up a directory
I honestly don't know how to do any of this. I downloaded the rar file, installed Java and the required python, now I'm lost. People keep saying paste the files but i don't know where to do it. Th youtube tutorials do not helpe since they are so vague and don't show anything.
Old 08/28/2015, 19:14   #4772

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSWFDLUV View Post
I honestly don't know how to do any of this. I downloaded the rar file, installed Java and the required python, now I'm lost. People keep saying paste the files but i don't know where to do it. Th youtube tutorials do not helpe since they are so vague and don't show anything.
click "my computer"

Your OS should come up its usually OS(C)
Your drive letter may be different though.

Click it, and see if python is installed in there.
You should find a folder named "python"

The instructions included with the Server Editor are very simple instructions.
Follow them step by step.
It tells you exactly where to paste the command.
Try actually reading the "readme"

Also, right click any file you download, then click properties, and insure that windows is not blocking it, it will look like this.
This is just a simple file I DL, and its worthless to use until I unblock it.
Windows does that by default on most OS.

Right click, click properties,
click unblock, apply, then ok to close it.
Always right click and run as Admin too on any install programs or it will not work right.

I suggest you uninstall python because you prob didnt even run it as Admin.
Delete the folder the server editor came in too.
Right click the original rar file, then click properties and insure it is not being blocked by windows.
Then extract it.
And start over.
You even have to insure that persona files are not being blocked by windows before importing them in, once you manage to get the server editor running.

Read the README, if you dont know where to paste the command line, you could not have even read the read me.

it is right there, word for word

Start cmd.(Start+R "cmd")
Copy these, right-click on the cmd window and click "Paste" one-by-one, after that press Enter:
cd C:\Python27\Scripts
pip install mitmproxy
Old 08/28/2015, 19:18   #4773

Ok, now I have a request: Perhaps, in the next revision, could you fill in the seed, for the Treasure Hunt, with a random number, &/or allow us to manually select which hunt we want? It's just a request. Now that I know how it's done, I can easily make files for each treasure hunt.

Also: an option, to sync various time related events, like game clock & calendar, to the system clock, might be interesting too.
Old 08/28/2015, 20:08   #4774

Seed for Treasure Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeNo1 View Post
Ok, now I have a request: Perhaps, in the next revision, could you fill in the seed, for the Treasure Hunt, with a random number, &/or allow us to manually select which hunt we want? It's just a request. Now that I know how it's done, I can easily make files for each treasure hunt.

Also: an option, to sync various time related events, like game clock & calendar, to the system clock, might be interesting too.
Yep, I have a short cut link to the file on my desktop and edit it before starting the server. I started the seed value at 0 and increment it and the current number of hunt days every day I run.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/28/2015, 20:34   #4775

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermca View Post
click "my computer"

Your OS should come up its usually OS(C)
Your drive letter may be different though.

Click it, and see if python is installed in there.
You should find a folder named "python"

The instructions included with the Server Editor are very simple instructions.
Follow them step by step.
It tells you exactly where to paste the command.
Try actually reading the "readme"

Also, right click any file you download, then click properties, and insure that windows is not blocking it, it will look like this.
This is just a simple file I DL, and its worthless to use until I unblock it.
Windows does that by default on most OS.

Right click, click properties,
click unblock, apply, then ok to close it.
Always right click and run as Admin too on any install programs or it will not work right.

I suggest you uninstall python because you prob didnt even run it as Admin.
Delete the folder the server editor came in too.
Right click the original rar file, then click properties and insure it is not being blocked by windows.
Then extract it.
And start over.
You even have to insure that persona files are not being blocked by windows before importing them in, once you manage to get the server editor running.

Read the README, if you dont know where to paste the command line, you could not have even read the read me.

it is right there, word for word

Start cmd.(Start+R "cmd")
Copy these, right-click on the cmd window and click "Paste" one-by-one, after that press Enter:
cd C:\Python27\Scripts
pip install mitmproxy
Okay thank you for your help, I did read the readme but I got stuck on the powershell/cmd part, when I open it and paste the 2 things, nothing happens and I get stuck from there on. I'll start over going by your post Thank you so much sir you have my gratitude.

But one question, on the youtube tutorials I see everyone is putting the files in the rar on a different file, could you explain that a little? the readme says nothing about putting the rar files in a different folder. And what do you mean by run everything as admin? I know you prolly think I'm stupid I'm just not good with these things at all
Old 08/28/2015, 20:45   #4776

Quote:
And what do you mean by run everything as admin?
he means that whatever setup /instalation/program you are doing/running you should "right click" and "run as administrator"
Old 08/28/2015, 21:47   #4777

Quote:
Originally Posted by peshe12357 View Post
he means that whatever setup /instalation/program you are doing/running you should "right click" and "run as administrator"
K thx man! I appreciate all the help. Looking forward to playing nfsw offline!
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/28/2015, 22:49   #4778

Quote:
Originally Posted by macktheknife19 View Post
Yep, I have a short cut link to the file on my desktop and edit it before starting the server. I started the seed value at 0 and increment it and the current number of hunt days every day I run.
I don't know the specific ranges, but I do know, for these seed numbers:

12693 = Camden

19912693 = Palmont

1099912693 = Rockport

2099912693 = Rosewood

3099912693 = Fortuna

4099912693 = Camden

5099912693 = Silverton

Also, if you set the numcoins at about 50, this should get you all the available gems, for that TH session.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/28/2015, 22:50   #4779

Thanks for everyone's help! I managed to do everything but I have one last problem, I managaed to do everything but when i click start world it says find nfsw.exe and I can't. What do I do?
Old 08/28/2015, 23:03   #4780

-go to search in windows and search folder options!
-then go to View/find "Hidden files and folders"
-and tick "Show hidden files,folders and drives"
-then start servereditor and when you want to select "find nfsw.exe" go to --> C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World\Data
-"C:\ProgramData" is your hidden folder where you find the nfsw.exe witch you have to start from servereditor.
Old 08/28/2015, 23:10   #4781

Quote:
-go to search in windows and search folder options!
-then go to View/find "Hidden files and folders"
-and tick "Show hidden files,folders and drives"
-then start servereditor and when you want to select "find nfsw.exe" go to --> C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World\Data
-"C:\ProgramData" is your hidden folder where you find the nfsw.exe witch you have to start from servereditor.
Thx m8!

Edit: If you shut off ur pc, and turn it on again, do you have to go through the entire process again or can you just go straight to servereditor and nfsw.exe?
Old 08/28/2015, 23:40   #4782

Quote:
If you shut off ur pc, and turn it on again, do you have to go through the entire process again or can you just go straight to servereditor and nfsw.exe?
-everything should be saved
-just make shure you don't "right click the Start NFSW:World" cuz everything will be erased and you have to input the nfsw.exe directory again
Old 08/28/2015, 23:49   #4783

Quote:
-everything should be saved
-just make shure you don't "right click the Start NFSW:World" cuz everything will be erased and you have to input the nfsw.exe directory again
Hey man I can't find C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World\Data. Is there something I'm missing, or something that needs to be downloaded?

Okay, I don't mean to spam but can someone please help me, I've done an exhaustive search but can't figure it out! Whenever I try to find nfsw.exe and search C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World\Data, it says no files were found even though I downloaded the server files in the tutorial by RV productions (3rd) link, I just need to solve this and I can play. Someone please help, what do I do! I'm so helplesssss
Old 08/29/2015, 04:00   #4784

Quote:
Hey man I can't find C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World\Data. Is there something I'm missing, or something that needs to be downloaded?

Okay, I don't mean to spam but can someone please help me, I've done an exhaustive search but can't figure it out! Whenever I try to find nfsw.exe and search C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed World\Data, it says no files were found even though I downloaded the server files in the tutorial by RV productions (3rd) link, I just need to solve this and I can play. Someone please help, what do I do! I'm so helplesssss
Hey RV here. You need to put the files into that location, and probably go to it manually rather than searching for it.
Old 08/29/2015, 04:13   #4785

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpman View Post
Hey RV here. You need to put the files into that location, and probably go to it manually rather than searching for it.
What do you mean? I'm sorry, could you explain it a little more (I'm really, really stupid when it comes to tech)

But thank you so much for coming to help me I was waiting so long for someone

So i downloaded the game files in your video, 3rd link in a rar, now where do I go from there?

EDIT: I GOT IT! I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK! Omg, wow thx everyone and especially thank you rv for helping me!!!!
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread