Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 06:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Ideas For Mods.

Discussion on New Ideas For Mods. within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New Ideas For Mods.

I was browsing this site and I thought of something... What public mods are actually available. By this I mean non-UG non-gamebreaking mods that everyone has access to, and the list was sadly short.
So I started to think... what mods do I want to create... what could be released, and frankly I fell short. I don't have any ideas for new mods to look into because here I keep getting the same requests, for stuff that's already released.
I wanted to open this thread for one reason, to get ideas. What mods would you like to see be made and what ideas do you have to make the Mabinogi experience more akin to what you want.
Feel free to post any ideas, requests, that don't include; the fireball mod, range.dll, or anything else that's already posted, mentioned on this site... it gets old lol.
tl;dr-Post your ideas and suggestions for mods to be made.
Thanks to everyone who posts a new and valid idea.
~Bishop

*I like the first posters idea, let's try to keep this thread organized.
Please post your ideas in a - list, and if you have input, clarification or comments on a posters ideas, make reference to that post and follow the similar layout. This should be a nice experiment in how well we can function and how much easier things are when they are organized. A clearer level of communication in this thread will make it more open and easier to act on the ideas posted.
Old 03/05/2010, 17:35   #2

A couple of ideas:
-infinite/extended summon golem control range (possible like infinite fireball range?)
-allowing summon golem to use a custom ai when not controlled
-Force cutscene skip Ex. Skipping a cutscene even when party leader is still watching the
-landing a flying mount at any altitude
-extended arat berry effect time/always on
Old 03/05/2010, 17:48   #3

@Acorn511
Very cool ideas, Let's see if any of those are feasible.
-If the control range is not an attribute assigned to the skill based on rank, but a static element then there should be no issue whatsoever making this a longer range, unless of course it has a server sided check or is encapsulated with the skill rank call.
-AWESOME. The golem's default AI is a pain in the ****... It would take a bit of looking in the pack file to find the default AI, assuming that it is different from the server stored enemy AI's and held like a pet's AI we should be able to make this a possibility.
-If you are in the shadow world, hitting the \ key will end the clip and take you out if it's a completion cutscene. I'm not sure if that would be possible to bypass any others like that since the status of the video would almost have to be checked and maintained by the server.
-This was able to be done at one time, I am not sure if it was patched or if the methods were just changed. As far as I know it should still be possible.
-A cool idea that a few of us are working on already, not sure exactly how it's coming along though since most item attributes and timeouts are server controlled. The only other place I could think of looking for this effect would be the view skill that is enacted by using the awakening of light skill. But that would probably be checked.
If I am wrong on any of these things or someone has one of these made and would be willing to share please post your knowledge, none of tehse seem gamebreaking but would be beneficial.
Old 03/05/2010, 19:16   #4

Would it be possible to mod the like color of the inventory, like i know that you can change them to several but to add like more? custom ones...?
Old 03/05/2010, 19:17   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn511 View Post
My idea of Arat berries included taking basic mission coding and applying it to Int, ADV and Hard. Though I suck at reverse engineering.
Old 03/05/2010, 19:32   #6

I have been looking up the custom golem AI while not under your control ****. Ill post anything I find.
Old 03/05/2010, 21:06   #7

Quote:
A couple of ideas:
-infinite/extended summon golem control range (possible like infinite fireball range?)
-Force cutscene skip Ex. Skipping a cutscene even when party leader is still watching the
Nogiparty lv233 allows me to land my flying mount from any altitude.
Old 03/05/2010, 23:29   #8

Quote:
A couple of ideas:
the extended landing mod is available with the mabinogi frontend. just so u know lol

LOL nvm i didnt read all the posts :P

i got one how about tamed animals with tame skill or dk skill it can fight on colaborative attack mode
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i found this line in the skillinfo.xml

<Skill SkillID="50032" Version="1" SkillEngName="Golem Transmutation" SkillLocalName="_LT[xml.skillinfo.885]" SkillType="3" SkillCategory="4" Season="901" DescName="SummonGolem" UIType="0" MaxStackNum="1" StackLimitTime="0" UseType="0" RaceBasic="0" BasicType="1" IsHidden="false" IsSpecialAction="false" LvZeroUsable="true" OnceALife="false" TransformType="0" ParentSkill="0" TargetPreference="me" TargetRange="0" ImageFile="data/gfx/image/gui_icon_skill_001.dds" PositionX="0" PositionY="6" ClosedDesc="_LT[xml.skillinfo.532]" SkillDesc="_LT[xml.skillinfo.888]" PrepareLock="lock(run, walk)" WaitLock="" ProcessLock="" CompleteLock="" />
Old 03/06/2010, 00:33   #9

I think theres already another thread about this, but another idea is the insta-fish mod.
Old 03/06/2010, 00:47   #10

hmmm(thinking of possible ways to mod range out of archerness)
-how about humans aim while moving
-humans can run with range loaded
-not forced to stop walking once magnum loads with xbow
-infinite bow range oWo
-chaincast magnum o.0(ah the epicness thatd be)
-switch human range with elf range/other way around
-anything else involving range
well thats all oWo go epic archer mod ideas!
Old 03/06/2010, 01:27   #11

You know how Aldeel found Elf animation -> AR one? Do the opposite and humans can walk and aim at same time, the rest dont work
Old 03/06/2010, 01:59   #12

yeah i was kinda thinking that would work for aim while walking
Old 03/06/2010, 04:01   #13

Aim while walking used to work, but now its effect is minimal due to server side fixes.
Old 03/06/2010, 04:42   #14

Quote:
A couple of ideas:
1.) Possible. You crash if the golem ends while it's out of range, however.
2.) Definitely possible. It's like pets.
3.) Definitely possible.
4.) 100% possible
5.) I'm not too sure about this one. It MIGHT be possible, but things decided via time seem to be server sided, so don't have high hopes for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inusuka View Post
hmmm(thinking of possible ways to mod range out of archerness)
-how about humans aim while moving
-humans can run with range loaded
-not forced to stop walking once magnum loads with xbow
-infinite bow range oWo
-chaincast magnum o.0(ah the epicness thatd be)
-switch human range with elf range/other way around
-anything else involving range
well thats all oWo go epic archer mod ideas!
1.) It's able to be done, but it's crippled because of some server checks
2.) See #1
3.) Probably not possible. Most equip checks are server sided now.
4.) There's a small small chance it can be done..
5.) No.
6.) Elf range is its own skill. Try sending the packet for using a skill you don't have. It won't work.
7.) There's really no mods for range now that the no aim mod has been changed so you automatically miss. There has also been no proof so far that there is existence of any new 100% range mod, either.

Mind you this: There's always the chance something is possible someway, somehow, so never believe someone until you've checked it out yourself.
But also, mind this: If something's too good to be true, it is.
Old 03/06/2010, 05:02   #15

What about infinite poison time on weapons and what being able to have always passive def on combat magic and range even without the armor