Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Modding Guide

Discussion on [Guide] Modding Guide within the Mabinogi Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the Mabinogi category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] Modding Guide

First of all i do not know how many modding guides there is out there, but i have not contributed to this forum in a while. Well here it goes.

Modding Guide

First and for most you will need the two main programs used in modding (by the way this is not little skin mods, this is like the ocfb 100% range). The first program you will need is called OllyDbg (You can find downloads at the bottom of the page). The second program is called IDAProfree. Download both of those programs.

What is OllyDbg? OllyDbg is a disassembler that will disassemble dll's, programs, ect, However you will only need to disassemble dll's, for mabinogi modding. In Ollydbg you can change what you want an adress to do, such as changing a jz, to jmp or jnz.

What is IDAProfree? IDA is a disassembler like olly, but you cant change things.The advantage is it is much easier to read than ollydbg because you can search for what you need to find in the names tab. For example if you wanted to change something in rabbie, then you would search rabbie in the names tab. Then all you need to do is double click it and you come up to all the addresses.

Now that we have the programs you need to mod dll's. You need to learn how to use them. Starting with IDAProfree. After you have downloaded IDA right click it and run as admin(if you are running windows 7/vista). A small window should pop up, press ok. Another window should pop up (if you are using IDA for the first time) Press I Agree. If a help window comes up just exit out of it, unless you want to read through it. So another window should pop up with tabs saying, New, Go, and Previous. What do you think we press? Yep press the tab New. Now the actual program should pop up, with another window inside of the actual window. Double click PE Dynamic Library and locate a dll in the mabinogi folder that you wish you change. Say that dll is standard.dll. Just double click standard and it should start to disassembler. A wizard should pop up and just press next 2 times then finish. Give IDA some time as a takes a while to disassemble a dll. After everything is done loading you should search for the names window on the right hand of your screen. Once you find it make the window bigger. Now you are in the names window, which is the best way to look for what you want. Once you search for what you want, double click the name of what you searched for, such as CSkillrangedAttack. You will be transported to a new window that looks like a bunch of numbers but your not looking for those, your looking for the address on the left side of the window. Copy that address and exit out of IDA.

Now that you learned a little bit about IDA, time to learn how to use Olly. Well... First you have to open it up(no kidding right?), and of course vista/7 run as admin. Now that you have opened it press the folder in the top left corner of the window then find a dll in your mabinogi directory (sound familiar?) Lets take standard.dll for example. double click the dll and it should automatically start to disassemble the dll. If your like me, you may have to press shift + f9 if your loading pauses. After your dll finishes loading press ctrl + G and paste that address that you copied in IDA. Then search it. Once you get to the address you can try to change it by double clicking something like jz(je) and change it to jmp (simple one line edits). But some edits can be multiple lines. Now its time to save your work.
Right Click-> Copy To Executable-> All Modifications-> Copy All
A new window should be opened up. In this window right click and select save as and there you go. You just learned how to use the programs!!

Downloads
Download everything in the ollydbg folder and save it to an easy accessible place:
Virus Total:
Download IdaProFree Here:
Virus Total:

Any further questions pm me please. Thanks for reading! Press thanks if i helped!
Thanks
9 Users
Old 01/18/2011, 00:33   #2

Thanks that was nicely written and helpful.
Old 01/18/2011, 01:14   #3

How is this a guide to modding?
This is more of a guide on how to use 2 different disassemblers not modding it self.
and using Ida and Olly really aren't hard at all
Old 01/18/2011, 04:45   #4

using those 2 programs is how you mod mabinogi for the most part. being able to adjust your dll files is how you start. Maybe the title should be

How to get started in modding:

But still the information is such that I wish someone would have told me a year ago rather than dragging it out of people who would tend to say unpleasant things when i was new to modding.
Old 01/18/2011, 05:35   #5

These 2 programs are useless without the knowledge of what they show you
Old 01/18/2011, 06:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intensero View Post
But still the information is such that I wish someone would have told me a year ago rather than dragging it out of people who would tend to say unpleasant things when i was new to modding.
There there. I'm sure it will all get better with ti-
OH FUUUUUUUUU LOOK WHERE YOU POSTED.
Old 01/20/2011, 14:39   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intensero View Post
using those 2 programs is how you mod mabinogi for the most part. being able to adjust your dll files is how you start. Maybe the title should be

How to get started in modding:

Intensero makes a valid point. However this is not a modding guide where i give you the lines in ida and you just put it into olly and call it your work. This is a do it yourself guide. You are not babies, do it yourself.
Old 01/20/2011, 23:57   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaho View Post
Intensero makes a valid point. However this is not a modding guide where i give you the lines in ida and you just put it into olly and call it your work. This is a do it yourself guide. You are not babies, do it yourself.
I never said it should be a line by line guide but it should at least explain a few commands or something so that they understand what they are doing instead of telling them how to open a program that is useless without the right information.
Old 01/25/2011, 11:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer951 View Post
I never said it should be a line by line guide but it should at least explain a few commands or something so that they understand what they are doing instead of telling them how to open a program that is useless without the right information.
and to think your title said the hax0r
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/25/2011, 15:50   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDarkLink View Post
and to think your title said the hax0r
Gtfo what have you contributed to anything at all on this forum?
Old 01/25/2011, 16:33   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer951 View Post
Gtfo what have you contributed to anything at all on this forum?
Old 01/25/2011, 16:55   #12

ok you got me
But most of his stuff is useless **** and he has no right to come here say **** like that.
Old 01/25/2011, 19:46   #13

One man's **** is another man's treasure, sir.
Old 01/26/2011, 00:02   #14

Yours isn't though
Old 01/26/2011, 07:29   #15

I actually like his bot.

I find HS "bypasses" that result in the client closing as trash/junk/**** though.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread