Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General > Joining e*pvp
You last visited: Today at 00:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Application [Conquer Online Private Server Section]

Discussion on Application [Conquer Online Private Server Section] within the Joining e*pvp forum part of the General category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,536
Application [Conquer Online Private Server Section]

About Me:
Hey there. My name's Gareth, though most people here call me "Spirited Fang". You can contact me at or at . I'm 20 years old and I'd like to apply for a moderator position in the Conquer Online section.

History with Conquer Online:
I have been playing Conquer Online for 8 years now. I enjoy the game and love developing ideas and private servers for it. My character has been located on Meteor server for 5 years now. Although I am not part of any guild, my impartial demeanor has made me an ally to all of the large guilds (though my gears aren't very good, haha).

Work Experience:
For the past 6 years, I've been volunteering at an assisted living facility. I have a lot of patience and enjoy working with other people (just as I enjoy working with the members here). During all of my high school years, I was the president of "Character Counts!" which is a club dedicated to improving the community and school. I also founded my club at my college (where I continue leading it as its president).

The Private Server Community:
My account has been active for 6 months. I'm currently the host of my own project as well as multiple other collaboration projects for other members. I have created threads to help assist members in downloading clients and server sources from e*pvp. I have also created a wiki for Conquer Online private server development (which I am still developing here: ).

Being a Moderator:
I feel that in the past months of being a member, I have mentally prepared myself for joining the staff (getting into the role of how things work in the community). I have the ability to remain impartial as well as respectful to the members of the community.

Experience as a Moderator:
For 5 months, I was an active moderator on a competing forum. With the return of me on this account, administrators came to me in search of greater help on their forums. I accepted a position and soon became a global moderator. I stepped down from my ending position (administrator) to apply here (where I am most active). I will not be re-applying to the other forum or applying to any other forums.

Thank you.
With Chris (Pro4Never) being as stressed as he is with his studies, I hope to assist him in moderating the section with honesty, respect, and impartiality. Thank you for reviewing my application.

Sincerely,
Spirited Fang

Thanks
19 Users
Old 02/07/2012, 19:47   #2

elite*gold: 0
Approve, we need some good programmers around that know what they are doing and can provide help/keep things under control..

Old 02/07/2012, 19:57   #3

Approve, I assure you guys he'll do a great job as a moderator.
Good luck!
Old 02/07/2012, 22:00   #4

elite*gold: 176
Received Thanks: 4,245
Quote:
Private Server Section
I'm not 100% sure, but I've never seen a moderator moderating just "one part" of a section. I recommend to be more active on the other sections. Anyways, your application sounds pretty good, you have a large knowledge about that game. > Yes from me.

Old 02/07/2012, 23:20   #5

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greester View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I've never seen a moderator moderating just "one part" of a section. I recommend to be more active on the other sections. Anyways, your application sounds pretty good, you have a large knowledge about that game. > Yes from me.
Oh, thanks for pointing that out to me. I'd be more than willing to moderate the entire Conquer Online section as well. I'm always up-to-date with the current client and I've created bots before (such as my proxy which I used to log packets and database information).
Old 02/07/2012, 23:28   #6

elite*gold: 28
You got my approval buddy.
Old 02/08/2012, 05:56   #7

100% No -

Anyone who would make Fang a moderator is ignorant as they come.

He holds grudges - therefore he will be after that person(s) (infract wise, etc).
He has been banned around 7 or 8(?) times.

In his previous accounts, he released quite a few guides, codes, etc. However when something didn't go the way he wanted, he removed his releases/guides.

After he gets banned, a few days later he will make a new account, claiming he is this new person, and is nothing like he was.

I could go all day. The point is, Fang isn't moderator material, and will most likely never be.

As I said, making Fang a moderator is a BIG mistake.

Vote: No

-edit-

Quote:
Work Experience:
For the past 6 years, I've been volunteering at an assisted living facility. I have a lot of patience and enjoy working with other people (just as I enjoy working with the members here). During all of my high school years, I was the president of "Character Counts!" which is a club dedicated to improving the community and school. I have also founded my club at my college (where I continue leading it as its president).
How the hell is that even relevant to any of this?
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/08/2012, 07:22   #8

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,877
As far as I've seen in the last few months or so, Fang has cut the **** and isn't as immature as he was in the past. I wouldn't mind him being a mod in the CO2 section being the section I'm primarily active, and known in. I feel the admins though may hold his past against him where as everybody deserves a chance to change and I feel Fang has shown he has.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/08/2012, 07:38   #9

I'm sorry infamous, but you must not know Fang very will. He claims he changed, but once someone makes him mad, then he shows his real self.
He has had many chances- why give him another when we know he's gonna blow it

Fang, cut the fake act. You may got these people under your fingernails, but not me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/08/2012, 08:34   #10

Are you sure you can moderate over friendship? Because that will play a huge role.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/08/2012, 14:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
As far as I've seen in the last few months or so, Fang has cut the shit and isn't as immature as he was in the past.
Makes you wonder whether he's been aiming for a moderator spot this whole time with his new account. If in fact he has been, that's a problem, since he's been putting on a fake persona this whole time in hopes of becoming a moderator and his past disposition could flare up at any time.

It's a known fact that Fang can't handle criticism and opposition well. In his past, he's removed everything useful he's posted with SEVERAL accounts. I had taken a break the first year in college, so I'm not entirely sure of how many times he's done this (I've witnessed two), but according to the people who know him better than I do, he's done this many more times, though I'm sure everyone else is more aware of that than me. His past is completely relevant in this decision, since I can't think of a single other person with such a turbulent history in the entire Conquer Online section.

Though he might change if he does become a moderator, I highly doubt that he possesses the maturity required for a job of this magnitude. He will quietly delete perfectly valid posts because of critique towards something outlandish he says. He's reported several of my posts because I've called him out on certain things. As stated above, he does hold grudges.

He has released useful stuff in the past, is more active than 99% of other members, and has recently been somewhat impartial. He's also an administrator on 4botters, so he's used to moderating responsibilities.

Even so, the cons outweigh the pros. No offense to the guy, but at this time he's not mentally prepared to become a moderator on Elitepvpers, which I've been a fairly active member of since I was 14. I vote no and I hope this post gets taken into consideration by the higher-ups who have a real say in this.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/08/2012, 14:51   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Makes you wonder whether he's been aiming for a moderator spot this whole time with his new account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
I have mentally prepared myself for joining the staff. I have the ability to remain impartial as well as respectful to the members of the community. One of the main qualities that I am complimented for is my ability to remain honest
^
Old 02/08/2012, 15:44   #13

Received Thanks: 2,198
Quote:
He's also an administrator on 4botters, so he's used to moderating responsibilities.
Hah, moderating 4botters should be on the cons list, not pros.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/08/2012, 15:47   #14

Quote:
Makes you wonder whether he's been aiming for a moderator spot this whole time with his new account. If in fact he has been, that's a problem, since he's been putting on a fake persona this whole time in hopes of becoming a moderator and his past disposition could flare up at any time.

It's a known fact that Fang can't handle criticism and opposition well. In his past, he's removed everything useful he's posted with SEVERAL accounts. I had taken a break the first year in college, so I'm not entirely sure of how many times he's done this (I've witnessed two), but according to the people who know him better than I do, he's done this many more times, though I'm sure everyone else is more aware of that than me. His past is completely relevant in this decision, since I can't think of a single other person with such a turbulent history in the entire Conquer Online section.

Though he might change if he does become a moderator, I highly doubt that he possesses the maturity required for a job of this magnitude. He will quietly delete perfectly valid posts because of critique towards something outlandish he says. He's reported several of my posts because I've called him out on certain things. As stated above, he does hold grudges.

He has released useful stuff in the past, is more active than 99% of other members, and has recently been somewhat impartial. He's also an administrator on 4botters, so he's used to moderating responsibilities.

Even so, the cons outweigh the pros. No offense to the guy, but at this time he's not mentally prepared to become a moderator on Elitepvpers, which I've been a fairly active member of since I was 14. I vote no and I hope this post gets taken into consideration by the higher-ups who have a real say in this.
+1 to this.
Old 02/08/2012, 16:01   #15

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHawtness View Post
Hah, moderating 4botters should be on the cons list, not pros.
Well I checked that, so this application is redundant. This is clearly stated in the application requirements.

Closed Thread

« [Bewerbung] War Rock - Sektion | Bewerbung zum Let's Play Kommentator »