Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 09:04

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Reply
 
Old   #241
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12
Received Thanks: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinacha View Post
On the last video everything looks just amazing.
Only thing that bothers me is just that the floor is kinda too smooth and clean.
Are you able to add some rocks, dirt and details on it?
But anyway, it's already amazing as it is. Only if you're seeking for perfection then do what i said
Quote:
Originally Posted by DotG View Post
yeah, and maybe make something against the repeating texture <.< its extremely noticeable in a city, and bugs me whenever i see a vid of you
Maybe the 2 of u can show how u would make an entire map from scratch...

If not... Please stfu



buncer is offline  
Old   #242
 
elite*gold: 10
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,858
Received Thanks: 2,566
stay on topic and cut off the flame ....


TeddyBear94 is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #243
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 183
Received Thanks: 550
We will add a little more detail to maps but if I see that it is going to cause any lag due to more polygons then I will have to take them back out. I was trying to keep maps clean and nice looking so that I could put a lot of detail in the characters in which you always see without taxing your pc.
Ty for sugestions they are always welcome but also remember that there are a lot of sacrafices we have to make in order to keep high quality without lag as well. I will post here after testing results are in and again give us a week or two to put some videos up with character skills and attacks.
GmBanHammer is offline  
Thanks
7 Users
Old   #244
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 539
Received Thanks: 191
Solution to all your graphics problems:
Allow the use to change his graphics settings.
So then you can have people with good computers run the game with great graphics all around and people with normal computers run the game with good graphics on almost everything.

Case dismissed.


Linxis172 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #245
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 183
Received Thanks: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linxis172 View Post
Solution to all your graphics problems:
Allow the use to change his graphics settings.
So then you can have people with good computers run the game with great graphics all around and people with normal computers run the game with good graphics on almost everything.

Case dismissed.
We do this already and still I'll stick to same story. We will see how it goes but I am keeping polygons to a certain count so when massive pvp we have no issues. If we move game to udk then this Is less of a issue but with unity 3d we have to be careful. Also if you like a new video up tomorrow we can show full interface to you.
GmBanHammer is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #246
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 126
Received Thanks: 115
this game looks ****..i love it! cant wait
JamTime is offline  
Old   #247
 
elite*gold: 10
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,858
Received Thanks: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTime View Post
this game looks ****..i love it! cant wait
ur sentence makes no sense <.<
TeddyBear94 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #248
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 197
Received Thanks: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by buncer View Post
Maybe the 2 of u can show how u would make an entire map from scratch...

If not... Please stfu
lol, im appreciating their work alot :O shamely i couldnt do it better, not even as good as they did, i just wanted to mention it o.o i wish i would be as good as them, but all ive ever managed to do were unfinished pieces of **** in blender, where the scale was messy, or just other stuff, and crappy looking random maps in CE3 >.<
*jealous*

so calm down, it was just a suggestion o.o
DotG is offline  
Old   #249
 
elite*gold: 15
The Black Market: 121/0/0
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,002
Received Thanks: 914
First off , Im amazed to see people making Shaiya more and more better!
Second , I'M Surprised. , Waiting when the game gonna open ♥
So a big good luck to you!
ℜeymon is offline  
Old   #250
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 942
Received Thanks: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibleᵍᶠˣ View Post
First off , Im amazed to see people making Shaiya more and more better!
This isn't Shaiya....it's a whole new game that they got ideas from Shaiya.
I hate when people don't read.
People are becoming more and more stupid by showing that they lack two things:
1. Grammar skills....seriously.
2. The ability to read. Which is really really sad.

Once we have less of the stupid people in the world my faith in society shall return.
Until then I wish to live in a hole. I'm not kidding ._.

Anyway on topic. Good luck on your game.
Not sure what else to say other than that because I won't be here to see it :P
[Admin]Snuggle is offline  
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #251
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 48
Received Thanks: 74
Thank you everyone for your support!

I do request from the Admins of EPVPer to please create a new section for Ascended sometime in the near future. This way people do not get confused and think we are just another private server. No we are not Shaiya or a Private server. We only advertized here since this is the community we came from and the people we love.

It would be nice to have a home for Ascended here on EPVPer just like Shaiya, WOW, Aion, and so many other great games. Maybe after we launch the Admins will see fit to accommodate.
Scruple is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #252
 
elite*gold: 150
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,739
Received Thanks: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruple View Post
Thank you everyone for your support!

I do request from the Admins of EPVPer to please create a new section for Ascended sometime in the near future. This way people do not get confused and think we are just another private server.
This needs to be discussed with the administrators after the game has been released to the public; you might want to start by releasing the game, at that time we will need to move this thread to an appropriate section, and after it is noticeable that people is interested enough like to have a whole section for it under the MMORPG section, there is a possibility on having a section for it.
JohnHeatz is offline  
Thanks
5 Users
Old   #253
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Received Thanks: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
We will add a little more detail to maps but if I see that it is going to cause any lag due to more polygons then I will have to take them back out. I was trying to keep maps clean and nice looking so that I could put a lot of detail in the characters in which you always see without taxing your pc.
Ty for sugestions they are always welcome but also remember that there are a lot of sacrafices we have to make in order to keep high quality without lag as well. I will post here after testing results are in and again give us a week or two to put some videos up with character skills and attacks.
Have you looked into World of Warcraft coding? I don't know how they did it, but they have a MASSIVE open world with four thousand players plus. Huge mountains, MASSIVE database, Huge detail, and so many features. Maybe get some option settings and/or coding ideas from it's code. They truly have a secret for people not to lag with such a big world. Maybe it's the zone rendering or something. That could play a BIG part in lag. We really won't have lag if it's map based like Shaiya or Zone based like World of Warcraft. Really wish I could code so I could help further.
xXxHITxXx is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #254
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 48
Received Thanks: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxHITxXx View Post
Have you looked into World of Warcraft coding? I don't know how they did it, but they have a MASSIVE open world with four thousand players plus. Huge mountains, MASSIVE database, Huge detail, and so many features. Maybe get some option settings and/or coding ideas from it's code. They truly have a secret for people not to lag with such a big world. Maybe it's the zone rendering or something. That could play a BIG part in lag. We really won't have lag if it's map based like Shaiya or Zone based like World of Warcraft. Really wish I could code so I could help further.
This has nothing to do with coding. It is all about what the graphics game engine can handle. The current engine we are using can only handle so much before it lags out. This engine was created for single player games. We are the first to have a fully operational MMORPG with this engine. Because of this we will have a much greater following and free advertizing.

GmBanHammer has stated that we are in the process of creating a custom built game engine that will be able to handle everything and some. At that time we will be able to add a more Real Life feel and look to the game. We will have that finished in the next few months. Until then we are limited to how much particle we can add without lagging the system.

We do promise to have a much as possible while keeping the balance of playability and look. We do want the game to look awesome but not at the expense of playability.

This will be an ongoing struggle and we will be constantly making changes to suit what the players want. THIS IS YOUR GAME! It is being created for the players and the players only.

Thank you for your support!
Scruple is offline  
Thanks
8 Users
Old   #255
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
Received Thanks: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruple View Post
This has nothing to do with coding. It is all about what the graphics game engine can handle. The current engine we are using can only handle so much before it lags out. This engine was created for single player games. We are the first to have a fully operational MMORPG with this engine. Because of this we will have a much greater following and free advertizing.
Ahh, ok, I see now thanks.


xXxHITxXx is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
Putting game concept to new platform
So as some might remember I posted almost a year ago about making a new style shaiya based game. Well we have gotten far enough now to say that in a...
8 Replies - Shaiya Private Server
Wts uber lailah based shaiya account and/or weapon
Selling shaiya account
2 Replies - Shaiya Trading
Euro Shaiya Coming back?
Are the rumors true that the GM of Euro shaiya is thinking of coming back?
32 Replies - Shaiya Private Server
shBot - A packet based Shaiya bot
Just a small bot I made based on my packet editor which doesn't have many features yet. It can just kill stuff and pick up items, but since it's...
42 Replies - Shaiya Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.