Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > General Gaming > General Gaming Discussion
You last visited: Today at 13:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

New Platform Shaiya based game Ascended coming soon

Old   #271

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,138
It's going to be free to play and surely not a pay to win game. I talked to Alio and he assured me that nobody is gonna have to play 24/7 to be good here.
I don't think they are doing it for the money, and even if they are, they are just 3 people with tens of thousands of people waiting to play their game. I'm sure the revenues are going to be great, and that they totally deserve it.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #272

elite*gold: 0
So i checked the ETA yesterday and it shows it was postponed by 5 days.
I checked today and it's at 24 days o.o
So what's up and is there anything we can do

Old   #273

The problem is we are losing power and net a lot still do to hurricane knocking down so many trees. We even had windows blown out by wind alone. We where pushing time back so people didn't get booted in alpha.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #274

the graphics still look odd o.o i probably will never get used to beta-imperfectness <.<

anyways, the interface looks awesome concerning the layout, also saw a small hint of movable skill bars if im not completely blind (the 3rd isnt in line with the 2nd and 1st )
now i cant wait to see the final interface (as phemia already stated above, it looks a bit... well, not fantasy-like but as its only for beta, nice one )

Macros... well, my keyboard is able to make its own macros, and i dont like them very much, i have only experience with them in shaiya, and its quite useless when you define a combination but youre not able to abort it in case you need to run away... :/ custom keybindings would be much more interesting and make the character be able to run seperated from the camera by using keys, so you dont always run in the direction you face to, or vice versa, will be very helpful when playing with Gamepad :P

Old   #275

Hi all just wanted to update a little. We are back on track now and will get out more up to date videos soon. We also are pushing this more and more to the udk engine. We will allow testing on both unity and udk but udk so far seems to run a lot smoother with the graphics we are adding in now. So we might have testers try both engines in alpha to tell us there experience and issues.
Thanks
6 Users
Old   #276

<<< would play voluntarily Unreal Engine based Ascended :P
Old   #277

There are three days left on the countdown. An update would be welcome, i guess, since we havent heard anything for over a week.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #278

An Update would be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawfodog View Post
There are three days left on the countdown. An update would be welcome, i guess, since we havent heard anything for over a week.
Agreed!
Thanks
1 User
Old   #279

Besides being registered on the Ascended Site, is there any other requirements to play the game when it comes out or reaches Alpha/Beta phase?

Do you guys have limited space for alpha?
Old   #280

cant wait

Cant wait !
Old   #281

Wow , I love the name and interface.

Can't wait it to be in action.

Good Luck.

Greetz ,
Reymon.
Old   #282

BanHammer should be back sometime tomorrow. He will post an update then.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #283

Hi all, It has been a while sorry about that. We are trying to get our ipad and phone versions out tomorrow for all to play. As for the original alpha we are doing our best to keep it for tomorrow. We tested with a few just 60 local testers and on the unity platform it is just going to be a little to laggie we are afraid once we get more then a few hundred online. We have made a agreement with UDK to use there platform and we are working day and knight to get all game done to let alpha run. I will post more in next 12 hours to give a more accurate update. Ty for your patients and sorry for delays but this is 2 years or learning and we don't want to half *** it in the end.

UPDATE!!!!! ok so we are doing final testing for the solo play version for phones and stand alone for pc/macs. However we will need few more days for alpha testing still. At this rate will be monday before the downloads are available for you all to play.( will be week or more for the multi player version) Sorry for more delay but not much choice in this one for us. The hurricane did us for a number and we still are not 100%.
Thanks
8 Users
Old   #284

Question

Phone version? How could you play this game on a phone? o.o
Old   #285

Need more info please

Quote:
Originally Posted by veins.of.gaming View Post
Phone version? How could you play this game on a phone? o.o
I would like to know as well.

There really needs to be a bit more info on the website or here that explains this game a little more in depth. I am super excited about the game, but at the sametime I really know nothing about it. I understandy Sandy put you guys way behind but a little explanation would go a long way here. It would only take a couple minutes to put together a paragraph to explain.

If you would... enlighten us a bit on the single player and mmo aspects of your game as this is the first we've heard about single player. Unless, I missed something.

Thank you in advance for your response.