Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 23:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

For the love of god...

Discussion on For the love of god... within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
For the love of ***...

So people have been consistently making their own private servers and what not and trying to release them for whatever their own reasons are but the thing is...ITS OVERSATURATED!!! There are so many private servers now that get released and shut down pretty quickly or just go offline because it's not good enough or stable enough to keep going. There is no sense of true UNIQUENESS to every server that is out there. Take it from an "old dog" of darkorbit, and try releasing a classic version of the game and you will that uniqueness back.

Instead of releasing the new client ****, do what blizzard is doing and release classic darkorbit servers and progressively update the game to give players something to look forward too. Please stop oversaturating the same old **** with different graphics. it's old now.

Original quote from another thread by SirBasti:

"Yay..... another private server.... *slow claps*

I do have one specific important question though.....

How will this p-server be "different" than others? Other than this, I wish you luck.

`Basti"

Thanks
12 Users
Old 10/27/2019, 14:02   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSoniyo View Post
So people have been consistently making their own private servers and what not and trying to release them for whatever their own reasons are but the thing is...ITS OVERSATURATED!!! There are so many private servers now that get released and shut down pretty quickly or just go offline because it's not good enough or stable enough to keep going. There is no sense of true UNIQUENESS to every server that is out there. Take it from an "old dog" of darkorbit, and try releasing a classic version of the game and you will that uniqueness back.

Instead of releasing the new client ****, do what blizzard is doing and release classic darkorbit servers and progressively update the game to give players something to look forward too. Please stop oversaturating the same old **** with different graphics. it's old now.

How will this p-server be "different" than others? Other than this, I wish you luck.

`Basti"
If i was sure that everyone would come; absolutely i would make a old client server but so why peoples just playing pvp servers like oneultimate (3d) clients? Because of there is no old client server or maybe just you want to see a old client? Also i can really play if someone makes a old client server...

Thanks
1 User
Old 10/27/2019, 15:21   #3

i downloaded all darkorbit cms from this forum but all the bad ones can't try them and no one makes a usable cms version then why did i create this forum? i don't have travian version on internet and i can run it on my server.But darkorbit I can't run cms version because there is no usable version who can run that doing ???? hmmmmm.
Old 10/27/2019, 23:48   #4

Question

Quote:

Instead of releasing the new client shit, do what blizzard is doing and release classic darkorbit servers and progressively update the game to give players something to look forward too. Please stop oversaturating the same old shit with different graphics. it's old now.

`Basti"
I Completely understand you and tbh i also hate that everyday we have new PServers - and it seems like i was also one of them.
But i try to be really unique and i think PinkGalaxy is already now standing out of the mass with our Stability, Unique Features, (lag free only if you dont life to far away from the server) and much more

And also i know that a lot of People want the Old Client. That why im working on the Unique New & Old Client System.
This System basically allows you to play on PinkGalaxy with the new OR the old Client with even the same account. And you can even play with others players nomather if they use the Old or new Client

But older as the Client that you can see in the Video we CANNOT go cause than you would miss to manny features

Video of it:

But ofc since im the Only Developer it takes a long time - also instead of telling everyone to make an Old Client Server, why you just dont start learn to Code correctly and try to make an own perfect Old Client Server and let it run 24/7 - Be the Hero that everyone wants

Thanks
1 User
Old 10/28/2019, 07:54   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by .recytec. View Post
I Completely understand you and tbh i also hate that everyday we have new PServers - and it seems like i was also one of them.
But i try to be really unique and i think PinkGalaxy is already now standing out of the mass with our Stability, Unique Features, (lag free only if you dont life to far away from the server) and much more

And also i know that a lot of People want the Old Client. That why im working on the Unique New & Old Client System.
This System basically allows you to play on PinkGalaxy with the new OR the old Client with even the same account. And you can even play with others players nomather if they use the Old or new Client

But older as the Client that you can see in the Video we CANNOT go cause than you would miss to manny features

Video of it:

But ofc since im the Only Developer it takes a long time - also instead of telling everyone to make an Old Client Server, why you just dont start learn to Code correctly and try to make an own perfect Old Client Server and let it run 24/7 - Be the Hero that everyone wants
That is not the old client which i am referring too. When i say old client i mean the original OG times. Here:

Uniqueness is an essential thing by the way and you do have that. i am not ragging on one specific server but really more all of them. and im only doing that because theres so many.

Yes i do want to see a classic old client server, i would PAY for that shit so hard. but anyone who actually puts one up would be a real OG.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/28/2019, 09:19   #6

Quote:
That is not the old client which i am referring too. When i say old client i mean the original OG times. Here:

Uniqueness is an essential thing by the way and you do have that. i am not ragging on one specific server but really more all of them. and im only doing that because theres so many.

Yes i do want to see a classic old client server, i would PAY for that **** so hard. but anyone who actually puts one up would be a real OG.
"by the way and you do have that" thank you for the nice words - appreciate it ^^

i would be able to make such an PServer ofc from the Knowledge part BUT PinkGalaxy just has the biggest Priority for me so i dont really have time to invest in making an new PServer.
Also i cannot implement the really old client cause of the Reason: "But older as the Client that you can see in the Video we CANNOT go cause than you would miss to many features"

So you need to hope that someone else will make such an PServer in near future OR try to make an own Old Client PServer
Old 10/28/2019, 12:04   #7

I would like to make a server 2009 version but i just dont know if there was no player because everyone playing 3d private servers and saying "we miss the old client" but nobody comes after someone make it, interesting...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/28/2019, 18:27   #8

Okay, I will go delete my project.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/28/2019, 19:04   #9

I have been playing since 2015 so I haven't had the opportunity to play on an old client, a few people touted the 2009 version and there was such a private server so I registered to see what all the craze was, after 10 minutes of the game (Also i wach DO 2009 on youtube) I gave up thinking how this game might look so bad?

Proposal? if you care about attracting new players you have to introduce new things and the darkorbit understands this well, do you think someone would play DO if they didn't change anything for 10 years?

Also let's say someone played the 2009 version when he was 10 years old,
Now we have a year almost 2020 so he is 20 years old at this age man no longer thinks playing has more important things to do, new players new playersnew playersnew playersnew playersnew players new players! NEW PLAYERS!
Old 10/28/2019, 23:01   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiePytajOzawód View Post
I have been playing since 2015 so I haven't had the opportunity to play on an old client, a few people touted the 2009 version and there was such a private server so I registered to see what all the craze was, after 10 minutes of the game (Also i wach DO 2009 on youtube) I gave up thinking how this game might look so bad?

Proposal? if you care about attracting new players you have to introduce new things and the darkorbit understands this well, do you think someone would play DO if they didn't change anything for 10 years?

Also let's say someone played the 2009 version when he was 10 years old,
Now we have a year almost 2020 so he is 20 years old at this age man no longer thinks playing has more important things to do, new players new playersnew playersnew playersnew playersnew players new players! NEW PLAYERS!
Okay finally a guy thinking just like me!
Old 10/29/2019, 00:22   #11

elite*gold: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJYONER(DS) View Post
I would like to make a server 2009 version but i just dont know if there was no player because everyone playing 3d private servers and saying "we miss the old client" but nobody comes after someone make it, interesting...
I would definitely play the old client (2009) server
I play(ed) darkorbit 2009-2012 let's say and yes I've played Linkpad's Old client private server and I don't think old client misses some features or is boring, and I don't want to play it because I played it when I was 12, it's still good and Linkpad's server made me even more nostalgic and wanting to play when I had the opportunity to play there
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/29/2019, 01:30   #12

this kind of pserver me and many friends would be up to play

Oneultimate (2015 PvE)

Oneultimate (2014 PvP)

Explosive Space (2014-2015 PvE)

Explosive Space was the most active and funny i've ever played, i still remember that you had to farm 500m credits to buy a single lf4, x-4 maps were always full, this server has much potential.

DarkGalaxy (2016 PvE)

Galactic Uprising (2016 PvP)

every Pserver i've mentioned were pretty active, unfortunatelly their owners couldn't keep them alive for so long.

2014-2016 the best pservers i ever played were up
Thanks
5 Users
Old 10/31/2019, 05:07   #13

Quote:
"by the way and you do have that" thank you for the nice words - appreciate it ^^

i would be able to make such an PServer ofc from the Knowledge part BUT PinkGalaxy just has the biggest Priority for me so i dont really have time to invest in making an new PServer.
Also i cannot implement the really old client cause of the Reason: "But older as the Client that you can see in the Video we CANNOT go cause than you would miss to many features"

So you need to hope that someone else will make such an PServer in near future OR try to make an own Old Client PServer
Recy, your server is really cool, and it also have many features, i've played fair. But the question is that this new kind of game darkorbit've become (with lots of features just like your server) has lost its essence, also with this lots of features make the game very hard, there's a big difference between someone UFE and a newbie.

Look at these videos i've mentioned in the last post and you will see, it's completely different, especially Explosive Space (it has really LOTS of players).

I've been playing and watching the rise and fall of many servers and now i can say that Dark Orbit, Pink Galaxy, the actual One Ulltimate, etc, i can't see a clear future to servers like that.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/31/2019, 08:42   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame_Ga_Kill View Post
Recy, your server is really cool, and it also have many features, i've played fair. But the question is that this new kind of game darkorbit've become (with lots of features just like your server) has lost its essence, also with this lots of features make the game very hard, there's a big difference between someone UFE and a newbie.

Look at these videos i've mentioned in the last post and you will see, it's completely different, especially Explosive Space (it has really LOTS of players).

I've been playing and watching the rise and fall of many servers and now i can say that Dark Orbit, Pink Galaxy, the actual One Ulltimate, etc, i can't see a clear future to servers like that.
Thank you for your words. But than i guess PinkGalaxy is sentenced to die (like you said)

Than i guess you know how to make the perfect server which will never die and have hunderts of players.
I think now your time has come to sit down and start Code an Perfect PServer. and no - the default excuses: "i dont know how to code" or "i dont have time" doesnt work (no offence)

I want PinkGalaxy not to feel like an PServer anymore. i want it to feel like an own Game (with the mechanics that we all love from DarkOrbit) but better Features. (and yeah i know its an pserver but still i try to give it the feeling to be an own game)
Some people want PinkGalaxy to have a lot of features and some like it to be like other pservers (but just more stable) like with ONLY Spaceball, no Matchmaking System, no Unique Lasers like the LF-3-N Laser or the Unique PST-1 Rocketlauncher, no Unique Maps, etc.
But i think im the Guy that want to have a lot of features - so PinkGalaxy will get more and more features over time

Many Features doesnt even make it harder like for Example Matchmaking System - It does not make your Gameplay harder cause you dont need to play it if you dont like it. its just and better & more advanced UBA from DarkOrbit which allows you to even play 10vs10 and get cool and good Rewards like LF4 Lasers or B03 Generators - in the feature it gets updates with new cool gamemodes and some other stuff - infact some features make it even easier for you. For Example the B0-Beginner Booster give you 24 Ingame Hours 60% on DMG, Shield, HP, Experience gain, etc. so you can have an better start.
The Big Update will also include something new for beginners which makes it easier for them

ALSO:
one big Problem i see with not having many features. How do you imagine to play DarkOrbit for Years when they dont continue add new Features and Stuff where you can get even better than before?

If DarkOrbit has done the right thing and removed all Botters BUT stayed like 2011 with Max an LF4... no Spartan.. no new stuff like Cyborg, Hammerclaw - Do you think someone would still play it when everyone is Complete Full Elite and there is nothing better to get?

AND:
What would PinkGalaxy do (from your point of view) that it has an great future where you (and other players) can play for years? Please tell me - i might not be able to make it like you want but im very interessted to see what your point of view is

Thank you ^^
Old 10/31/2019, 09:40   #15

Quote:
one big Problem i see with not having many features. How do you imagine to play DarkOrbit for Years when they dont continue add new Features and Stuff where you can get even better than before?
I agree with your words, also i've been watching #announcements channel on PG's discord and i can say that you're doing a great work constantly adding lots of new features, specially about Matchmaking, it's the most impactant one, and your anti-bot system has impressed me.

As i said on my last reply "I've been playing and watching the rise and fall of many servers" and PG is still in Beta phease, i can't wait to see how your server will be in the future.

Now the biggest problem (in my point of view) is multicompany that we are used to actually, every video i've shared were each company for itself, how will you deal with it ? i'd be grateful to know.

« New Bonus Code | Click! Bot »