Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 15:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

For the love of god...

Discussion on For the love of god... within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 11/05/2019, 14:17   #31

elite*gold: 3800
The Black Market: 244/0/0
Received Thanks: 8,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlemaster#2 View Post
full hd resolution is not a big deal nowadays, done by adding some lines. Anyways if u do support full hd, the windows doesn't so (as u can see on the screenshot still scaled to 720px, except the map window which u obviously moved in the corner)
I just didn't change the default position of where the windows are located. Nothing in there is scaled to 720p. I already fixed that.

Also, you have to fix some stuff in the client itself so the loading screen isn't ****** and that it actually scales properly. Trust me. It's not just a few lines in the game.xml.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/07/2019, 00:09   #32

elite*gold: 0
i have the semy-complete old files 2009 but i'm not programmer i'm limited to start the emulator and play, but laser,iris,ecc.. i don't know how to write in emulator..
if someone want to start a old 2009 server write me..
Old 11/12/2019, 12:18   #33

"Satisfy my Nostalgie" stuff BUT no Longtime Project

The Problem i see with Old Client PServers: It has no Future. I believe most of the People just want to have the Nostalgie Feeling for 3 days, max 1 week - after that time they will realise that this Old Client has nothing to offer and will leave and continue play on more newer Servers or DO.
The Old Client just does not have enough features to hold Players here for a long time.

for example i do HATE that unresponsive Movement (Ship follows mouse only every Second unless you spam the shit out of your mouse)
and i do love to have many features in a game instead have to press 1-3 Buttons and than use 100% of all Features (exaggeratedly said)

For me its not worth to invest Time in Developing something which is fame for 3 Days and than 2 Players temporarily join while 5 Player permanently leave the Game.

So i do not see that the Server will hold Players for a long time. At The Start the Server might have like 25 Players and than go over time down to 5 Players to 0 (cause nobody wants to play with empty maps)

But i might be wrong so proof me wrong GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame_Ga_Kill View Post
i mean when members from different company help each other even against their own company's member, the highest clans from popular servers of darkorbit are the best example --> UNS, REKT, S-L, etc.
yeah but its just a feature to decide who to help. I think there is nothing which i want to Control cause its the Community who makes the Game Good or Bad
(when the Developer is able to develop a good game-base)

ofc i can develop something which punishes you incredible hard so you never ever shoot your company but than there will be trolles that provocate you to shoot him and than you shoot him, lose a lot of everything and than i get messages "he shot me first and provocate me and now i get fucked?!"

if you have the perfect solution for everyone which is possible to develop without redesigning everything than im happy to implement something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSoniyo View Post
Yeah man that brings back so many old memories right there! That is Gold
100% sure if the Server will be online you will (like everyone else) only stay 1 week (okay if your a real tryhard than max a month) EVEN when the server is perfect without bugs cause there is just nothing new besides the high resolution which does not add any new Features or makes the game more fun...

i dont know why (besides nostalgie) people want to progress backwards... removing features... its like IPhone. Removing Earphone jack now the Home button, soon Side Buttons than the 15x Cameras and than The Display - than you have a nice smooth brick in your hand... :click_nice:
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/12/2019, 13:42   #34

Ah that's why Uridium cost in Pinkgalaxy more cash than in normal Darkorbit XD
Old 11/19/2019, 18:25   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame_Ga_Kill View Post
and your anti-bot system has impressed me.
I wish you'd knew the 'mechanic' behind it