Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 00:26

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement



For the love of god...

Discussion on For the love of god... within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Reply
 
Old 10/31/2019, 16:12   #16
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 76
Received Thanks: 66
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame_Ga_Kill View Post
I agree with your words, also i've been watching #announcements channel on PG's discord and i can say that you're doing a great work constantly adding lots of new features, specially about Matchmaking, it's the most impactant one, and your anti-bot system has impressed me.

As i said on my last reply "I've been playing and watching the rise and fall of many servers" and PG is still in Beta phease, i can't wait to see how your server will be in the future.

Now the biggest problem (in my point of view) is multicompany that we are used to actually, every video i've shared were each company for itself, how will you deal with it ? i'd be grateful to know.
i dont understand your last Question. What do you mean with "multicompany" do you mean EIC and MMO are not playing together or what do you exactly mean?



.recytec. is offline  
Old 10/31/2019, 17:28   #17
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 28
Received Thanks: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by .recytec. View Post
i dont understand your last Question. What do you mean with "multicompany" do you mean EIC and MMO are not playing together or what do you exactly mean?
i mean when members from different company help each other even against their own company's member, the highest clans from popular servers of darkorbit are the best example --> UNS, REKT, S-L, etc.


Akame_Ga_Kill is offline  
Old 10/31/2019, 19:15   #18
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 2
We need a stable P-Server without any **** like formations ...
Now we only have Newschool p-servers or oldschool servers with many bugs and no concept ..

Example Andromeda Server (great server but to less promotion and to lazy codders)
Oneultimate in 2014 was very nice. Nightflyers this year was nice too.
Everyone opens a server with much bugs and other problems..
why do not 2-3 coders work together and do a nice oldschool server ?
If u make the game fair you will get some ppl.

P.S. sry for my bad english

Greetz Szenario
Djano99 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/31/2019, 20:04   #19
 
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 244/0/0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,985
Received Thanks: 8,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djano99 View Post
why do not 2-3 coders work together and do a nice oldschool server ?
I'm not up to date on how much people improved when it comes to programming. But back when I was still very interested in private servers, barely anyone was able to do jack ****, cause they had no clue what they were doing.

Putting 2-3 bad programmers together doesn't solve the problem. It just makes it worse in the end.

For a 2011 server (which people apparently want) it doesn't take more than 1 person who knows what they're doing. Since this thread has been opened I started working on something again. I already have a performant server running which is able to do fights, map switches, perfect movement system and some other small things.

I might finish this and open a server if my motivation stays.


Requi is offline  
Thanks
7 Users
Old 10/31/2019, 22:04   #20
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 2
I wish you good luck, and hope your motivation stays!
Djano99 is offline  
Old 11/01/2019, 19:07   #21
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 178
Received Thanks: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requi View Post
I'm not up to date on how much people improved when it comes to programming. But back when I was still very interested in private servers, barely anyone was able to do jack ****, cause they had no clue what they were doing.

Putting 2-3 bad programmers together doesn't solve the problem. It just makes it worse in the end.

For a 2011 server (which people apparently want) it doesn't take more than 1 person who knows what they're doing. Since this thread has been opened I started working on something again. I already have a performant server running which is able to do fights, map switches, perfect movement system and some other small things.

I might finish this and open a server if my motivation stays.
I know of you and your skills and accomplishments and i can safely say that i will be very glad to see you release something. I enjoy the Requi bois.
ThisSoniyo is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/02/2019, 22:19   #22
 
elite*gold: 0
The Black Market: 244/0/0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 12,985
Received Thanks: 8,144
I guess this is something unique

Hint: 2011 didn't support 1920x1080.

Requi is offline  
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/03/2019, 03:18   #23
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 178
Received Thanks: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requi View Post
I guess this is something unique

Yeah man that brings back so many old memories right there! That is Gold
ThisSoniyo is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/03/2019, 08:37   #24
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 13
Received Thanks: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSoniyo View Post
Yeah man that brings back so many old memories right there! That is Gold
server link:???
gyula359 is offline  
Old 11/03/2019, 15:42   #25
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 2
Pure nostalgia <3
bring it online dude !!
Djano99 is offline  
Old 11/04/2019, 22:07   #26
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,294
Received Thanks: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requi View Post
I guess this is something unique

Hint: 2011 didn't support 1920x1080.

It is something unique indeed, but I would also say that Lost Galaxy always only had that client and worked into that. Regarding resolution, yes, was always locked at max 720p - but you can do a few tweaks in the game code to allow other resolutions, and also adding a full screen resizer.

On the other hand:




I did extensive work on this client, but I always kept all the nostalgia and feeling of the old times. It's a 4.1 version with bug fixes from 4.3 and 4.5, several addition and configurations. I've worked for about 3 months to actually rewrite several files in that client that were not decompiled properly as well as adding several new classes and methods. Ending up with my own project that I can build the client with any new code using directly Adobe Flash Builder




I see people want this type of server, who wants to join up Lost Galaxy contact me, or join up our discord server:
Sή°wy is offline  
Thanks
5 Users
Old 11/05/2019, 05:35   #27
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 13
Received Thanks: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sή°wy View Post
It is something unique indeed, but I would also say that Lost Galaxy always only had that client and worked into that. Regarding resolution, yes, was always locked at max 720p - but you can do a few tweaks in the game code to allow other resolutions, and also adding a full screen resizer.

On the other hand:




I did extensive work on this client, but I always kept all the nostalgia and feeling of the old times. It's a 4.1 version with bug fixes from 4.3 and 4.5, several addition and configurations. I've worked for about 3 months to actually rewrite several files in that client that were not decompiled properly as well as adding several new classes and methods. Ending up with my own project that I can build the client with any new code using directly Adobe Flash Builder




I see people want this type of server, who wants to join up Lost Galaxy contact me, or join up our discord server:
Download CMS link?
gyula359 is offline  
Old 11/05/2019, 05:46   #28
 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,294
Received Thanks: 1,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyula359 View Post
Download CMS link?
There is no such thing and will never be, not for Lost Galaxy.
Sή°wy is offline  
Old 11/05/2019, 07:17   #29
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 7
Received Thanks: 2
Yes snowy, your code is really nice ! I hope LostGalaxy come again online soon and oldschool player like me can enjoy it.

Greetz Szenario
Djano99 is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/05/2019, 10:28   #30
 
elite*gold: 40
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 88
Received Thanks: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requi View Post
I guess this is something unique

Hint: 2011 didn't support 1920x1080.

full hd resolution is not a big deal nowadays, done by adding some lines. Anyways if u do support full hd, the windows doesn't so (as u can see on the screenshot still scaled to 720px, except the map window which u obviously moved in the corner)


Battlemaster#2 is offline  
Reply



« [Darkorbit] Golem --> Bot + Wartool | My Undecided Game »



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:26.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

BTC: 33E6kMtxYa7dApCFzrS3Jb7U3NrVvo8nsK
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2019 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.