Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] The real guide to editing .c3s

Discussion on [Guide] The real guide to editing .c3s within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] The real guide to editing .c3s

There are probably alot of people that would not like me to release this, and definately alot that would. To be honest i think this should be public material so screw it, heres my guide to making c3 weps, it focuses more on actually creating the weps than plugins / what programs to use etc so to use this guide you should really have 3ds max 7 set up with the plugins etc beforehand.

#Request that this be stickied or whatever

#If you use this tut please thank meh :P

Download link to tutsword:

Thanks goes to Opale (thomas), he is da bomb and has helped me through alot of problems

For those of you that cant see the bottom of this image, i have supplied the second half of the tutorial in a second jpeg

Thanks
7 Users
Old 12/14/2010, 16:44   #2

This is great thank you!
Old 12/14/2010, 21:03   #3

For those interested, this is the outcome of the sword i created in the tutorial,

Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/15/2010, 01:48   #4

Interesting
i would love to use this
but my free trial is over
xD
for 3ds max that is
Old 12/15/2010, 16:53   #5

#Updated with a download link to the tut sword file, for learning purposes or w/e
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/15/2010, 21:16   #6

That's cool for people who felt stuck with the old .c3 creation guide because of its lack of info about modelling stuff.

Good and clear guide for motivated people =)

Try to keep your polys at less than 1k polys guys or you could encounter some lags issues.

And i hope this will bring some motivation, inspiration or w.e to that section
I expect to see several brand new stuff in the next days ^^

Thanks Alex =)

#edit

@Boijay
Oh come on ! xD you really think Alex and I bought 3ds or what? ^^
You can "fix" that problem in two secs, google is your friend...
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/16/2010, 00:37   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
That's cool for people who felt stuck with the old .c3 creation guide because of its lack of info about modelling stuff.

Good and clear guide for motivated people =)

Try to keep your polys at less than 1k polys guys or you could encounter some lags issues.

And i hope this will bring some motivation, inspiration or w.e to that section
I expect to see several brand new stuff in the next days ^^

Thanks Alex =)

#edit

@Boijay
Oh come on ! xD you really think Alex and I bought 3ds or what? ^^
You can "fix" that problem in two secs, google is your friend...
Well, i haven't had much exp with that stuff
ahahahaha
so yeah
:P
Old 12/16/2010, 14:04   #8

Thanks for the detailed guide!
Old 12/19/2010, 03:07   #9

Weird. I made this exact same sword a while ago.

But mines not a .c3 or good either LOL, but mines blue o:

I like yours better<3
Old 12/19/2010, 22:23   #10

i was refered this tut from a friend on making weapons for zo/co and every thing and i have used 3ds for years with no tut help and id just have to say there where lots of holes in here... as some one whos messed with the system and would not have default settings this tut would be impossible for them. there was no mention on the number of the actuall size of any thing either what is whats most important.
Old 12/22/2010, 00:32   #11

I didnt say i was going to babyhandle them all the way through 3ds. this is a method to creating basic swords, everything you need to do that is there.
Old 01/12/2011, 06:27   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLane10 View Post
I didnt say i was going to babyhandle them all the way through 3ds. this is a method to creating basic swords, everything you need to do that is there.
true but there are simpler ways to use the edit vertex >.<
id personally rather move around the points to the exact location insted of making new inaccurate points >.<

by the way is there a tut i can get on placing the .c3 plugin files in 3ds max 7 because the guide my friend gave me didnt work >.<
Old 01/12/2011, 07:56   #13

If i remember, there are several files to place in your 3dsmax folder like this:

C3_Exp.dle in 3dsmax7/plugins
&
C3_CORE_DLL.dll in 3dsmax7

If there's a 3rd file i don't remember of, please let this guy know

But try it like that, and check on 3ds in File/Export... if you can choose .C3 in the list.
Old 01/12/2011, 08:08   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
If i remember, there are several files to place in your 3dsmax folder like this:

C3_Exp.dle in 3dsmax7/plugins
&
C3_CORE_DLL.dll in 3dsmax7

If there's a 3rd file i don't remember of, please let this guy know

But try it like that, and check on 3ds in File/Export... if you can choose .C3 in the list.
theres actually 2 more... one the guide said never went any where but i remember it going some where

"1. copy C3_CORE_DLL.dll to 3DS(3D Studio Max 5 or 7) root folder
2. copy C3_Exp.dle to 3DS\plugins folder
3. copy KeyTools.ms to 3DS\scripts folder"
is what the guide he gave me said but theres a keytools_cn.ms that was never mentioned...
i have tried every combination of the files in all mentioned folders even with dups of files nothing seemed to work >.<
Old 01/12/2011, 08:20   #15

I actually don't have the two other files you just mentionned, in any of my 3ds max folder, and it's working fine for me !

I don't think you are dumb at all, but i have to ask =p :

You're sure you got the correct plugin for your version of 3ds ? plugin v7 for 3ds 7 or v5 for 3ds 5 ?
You're sure to select "Export.." , instead of "Save as.."
The .C3 option isnt even showing, or you can't export correctly with it ?

Other than that, i really can't tell you more.