Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE].c3 files creating

Discussion on [GUIDE].c3 files creating within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old 04/16/2010, 15:16   #16

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
here's what no-one realizes tho. Alex for example (magus) is paying 20 thousand dollars to go to school for this. this information has a direct value to him. he works everyday to learn, and will have to work everyday to pay it back. I might have gotten around the 20 thousand dollar requirement (im also not as good as alex due to this), but it was through massive amounts of hard work and application of ability (which everyone can do). To expect that anyone hands out this info, is just to much to ask in my opinion. If someone does, thats their choice, but no-one should be looked at in a bad way because he or she did not release this info.

This is akin to saying all encryption should be released, so all servers can have the current revision, and all packets ids. Who agrees with that? Only the ppl who cannot do it themselves i assure you.
I beleive that the basic information should be available to everyone, anyone can search on google and find a tutorial on 3dsmax and learn how to do it, you dont have to pay its publically available. What makes people better than other people is the amount of hardwork that they put into it. Not the fact that something is available or not.

Everyone should have the oppertunity to make .c3 files, all this does is provide a very small insight into how to do it, it doesnt cover anything in detail, so theres absolutely no problem with it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/16/2010, 15:20   #17

elite*gold: 0
absolutely agreed. and everyone should be able to capture packets, and decrypt encryption. they can google that info as well. it would be great for a coder to make a thread on capturing packets for co, so we can all do it. anything you have time for? Or how about teaching us encryption in a sticky?

my point is that if someone hasnt released the info to date, they should not be looked at in any kind of bad light.

edit -

heres a deal for ya korv. Alex and i will make a complete thread, with everything....everything, if you and hybrid do the same with a walkthrough on packet capturing, and getting TQ encryption, everything. Anything you'd wanna do?
Old 04/16/2010, 15:23   #18

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
absolutely agreed. and everyone should be able to capture packets, and decrypt encryption. they can google that info as well. it would be great for a coder to make a thread on capturing packets for co, so we can all do it. anything you have time for? Or how about teaching us encryption in a sticky?

my point is that if someone hasnt released the info to date, they should not be looked at in any kind of bad light.
Its all on my to do list
Old 04/16/2010, 15:33   #19

Quote:

edit -

heres a deal for ya korv. Alex and i will make a complete thread, with everything....everything, if you and hybrid do the same with a walkthrough on packet capturing, and getting TQ encryption, everything. Anything you'd wanna do?
Lol, bit too late I suppose. Everything besides from what I've typed is modelling (and i'm sure there are better FREE ones around the net, than you're able to create) and texturing as well with .dds files making, which is perfectly detailed on another forums already.

Before you say I should've stop "attacks" - perhaps, stop trashin my threads with dumb and invalid points?
Old 04/16/2010, 15:36   #20

boring, again. i was responding to a post

"and I'm glad someone made the effort to make this information public to allow others to express their talents."

ppl seem to want to bash the folks who havent released this. just explaining why that might be. so stop being so defensive, you're acting like a baby.

#request infraction for harassment, tired of him insulting me.

as far as too little too late, this thread is nowhere near complete.
Old 04/16/2010, 18:50   #21

Quote:
if you and hybrid do the same with a walkthrough on packet capturing, and getting TQ encryption, everything. Anything you'd wanna do?
Packet capturing is no problem, but getting encryption, this requires some assembly skills(doesn't require a professional but someone dedicated, patient and has common sense) also there might be some changes in security because it looks like TQ is bored of botters so they started adding security already..
Also this branch doesn't go under general programming, it's specifically reverse engineering.
Anyhow information about this matter IS free and available to use, it's just how creative you are
Old 04/16/2010, 20:14   #22

Thats fine, the same could be said about the art side of things. i use up to 8 programs to do everything i do. This release in and of itself is information that has been available to those willing to look for it. But to attack or insult ppl that didnt release a thread on how to do this is exactly the same as saying the coders in the lead of the pack in the code dept should release what knowledge they've accumulated. Which is of course absurd. We all know entire forums were made to hide the work coders did on this, more than one im sure, and i belonged to one and know who most of you are. Why should only the artists be held accountable to level the playing field? If the code dept wants to level the playing field, i willl personally match it with all the knowledge i've got about the client. Others would prolly do the same. But as long as the scene is a competition, well...then it is a competition. and therefor someone holding their cards close should not be looked at with some kind of fault, on either sides of the fence (client or server).

I do agree it is what it is. If you give 5 ppl the same paint brush and paper, they will all do different things with the tools, just like code.
Old 04/16/2010, 21:52   #23

Quote:
boring, again. i was responding to a post

"and I'm glad someone made the effort to make this information public to allow others to express their talents."

ppl seem to want to bash the folks who havent released this. just explaining why that might be. so stop being so defensive,

Perhaps you should stop being so defensive, because you approached and interpreted my words with a preconception of malice and bitterness, implying with equivocatory doublespeak that I am in some form condescending those who chose to keep this knowledge to themselves; Maybe because you have been attacked and/or read many comments conveying such thoughts, and you are simply tired of it and can not help but view the tone of those comments as distasteful and unappreciative? I do not know, but if that were the case, I would completely understand why you replied to me in the manner which you did. It seems as if you took my comment as, "Tch, at least someone decided to not be greedy and release their information. ".

I realize you are unaware of my character, but that wasn't the emotion that evoked me as I wrote that post. I was genuinely glad that the OP created a guide for others to dabble around with and expand their hobbies, or give way for a potential career. This branch of editing could ignite a passion for some to pursue a career in this field - you don't know how this simple guide could affect someone down the line. What if vsa/korv decided to keep all of their editing knowledge to themselves? I bet that we'd lack the imagination and talent of quite a few of artists that have forged beautiful contributions in the past (I actually have a few friends who decided to ensue graphic design majors after getting involved in CO editing).

I am not bitter in the slightest against the .c3 editors on the Yakuza team, or just those in general who haven't revealed their secrets, because no one is obligated to share knowledge once you have gained it. I've held my personal opinions about the matter, but not any negative emotions, I assure you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/16/2010, 22:07   #24

yes i misinterpreted your comment, i apologize ^^
Old 04/16/2010, 22:16   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku~ View Post
I am not bitter in the slightest against the .c3 editors on the Yakuza team, or just those in general who haven't revealed their secrets, because no one is obligated to share knowledge once you have gained it. I've held my personal opinions about the matter, but not any negative emotions, I assure you.
Well, it's not really a secret, and we didn't feel like handing out information to people publicly because 90% of people on the forums just leech, and they get things too easily, we want people to earn it, so we've been helping out people, friends, people we know are trying and that we think would d good in the field of 3D.

Please don't think of us badly because of that, we just don't like leechers. Also I've had my mods up for a waaaaay long time, and when I checked my list of how many times they've been downloaded, my top downloaded mod had around 4,000 downloads, and I had maybe 70 comments from different people. But then again, those 70 comments weren't on only that mod, I had a whole list of mods on that topic.

It's too bad that so many people leech, because then you feel like it's just stealing or just taking, and if you have valuable information, well at least I don't want to hand it out to a bunch of greedy people who can't even leave a single small "thanks" comment or something like that after we've spent hours on making it or figuring it out.

It's just the way I feel about it.
Old 04/17/2010, 10:12   #26

Next time make a contract about what knowledge you will share, shouldnt be able for public use, unless you decide so .
Not that i would be on his side, but still internet is a land of new knowledge .
Old 04/17/2010, 22:42   #27

Thing is, it wasn't really a secret either.

If you were an experienced modeler, and you did the things to make the C3 as you normally would when making models for any other game, it would work.

There is no secret method, it's just normal modeling really.

That's actually the funny part of it, lol
Old 04/18/2010, 01:03   #28

How would I make a texture for the edit? Also how would a normal CO .c3 be scaled? I made one edit that I thought was huge but it had an error when exporting...and still gets errors beyond me. So my second edit exported fine. but it only appears as a tiny spear-like object. I think I just need help on texturing right now. I tried google and such...but I think I'm just suffering from brain overuse. Between coding and dealing with whiny people lol.
Old 04/18/2010, 02:14   #29

Why are you copying my work? =.=
Old 04/18/2010, 02:16   #30

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMagus View Post
Why are you copying my work? =.=
Lol its pretty BAMF and I think a lot of people would wanna copy it