Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE].c3 files creating

Discussion on [GUIDE].c3 files creating within the EO Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the EO Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE].c3 files creating

I'm originally from CO2 forums so this post was made for it however I know that CO as well as EO are using same files type so even some parts of tutorial might not fit in, it should've been working for EO too.

As I've promised, I'm releasing .c3 files CREATING guide. Even thought nearly whole guide on creating them was around E*PvPers for years most of it's members never got to find it out... Tbh, I wouldn't get to find it out without other people's support but... Credits below.

I'll eventually add "How to properly texture new weapons" guide somewhat in future either here on different thread, anywho...

NOTE: This is not modelling tutorial.. My modelling ability is rather... none, so if you want a 3d modelling tutorial, click

Things needed:

- 3ds Max 5/7 (I recommend 7 tho) Do NOT ask me for it's download link 'cause I'm unable to put it on E*PvPers (warez shet etc.)
- 3ds .c3 plugins - Attached to a thread
- 3d model

1. Plugins installation

I bet you have 3ds Max installed by now, open previously downloaded folder "Plugins" and you should've see 2 folders and 2 files: 5.0, 7.0, KeyTools and KeyTools_cn

a) In case you've got 3ds Max 5 installed, open "5.0" folder, copy "C3_CORE_DLL.dll" file to your 3ds Max 5 Folder, ex. "C:/Program Files/3ds Max/<put file here>"
b) In case you've got 3ds Max 7 installed, open "7.0" folder, copy "C3_CORE_DLL.dll" file to your 3ds Max 7 Folder, ex. "C:/Program Files/3ds Max/<put file here>"

Afterwards...

a) In case you've got 3ds Max 5 installed, open "5.0" folder, copy "C3_Exp.dle" file to your 3ds Max 5 plugins folder, ex. "C:/Program Files/3ds Max/plugins/<put file here>"
b) In case you've got 3ds Max 7 installed, open "7.0" folder, copy "C3_Exp.dle" file to your 3ds Max 7 plugins folder, ex. "C:/Program Files/3ds Max/plugins/<put file here>"

Afterwards...

Go back to "Plugins" folder (downloaded from this thread) and copy "KeyTools" and "KeyTools_cn" files and paste them in your 3ds Max 5/7 scripts folder, ex. C:/Program Files/3ds Max/scripts/<put file here>

Open your 3ds now and let plugins install properly...

2. Importing/creating model.

To add any weapon into game, you'll need a 3d model either downloaded and imported or created by yourself. I'll show you this on my newbie machete's model I've made by myself.

NOTE: In case you're downloading and importing a model, DO NOT FORGET to attach credits to an author.

First of all, open your model's file... Move it to somewhat like this;

Yellow circle is where most of the items should be placed, ex. most of weapons handles, hats etc.

Second of all, it's time to export your model riiite? To do this, go File>Export;

Now, from the quite large extensions list (Next to "Save as:"), choose "C3 (*.C3) and type in a name.

Note: If you're able to test your weapons models on high-level'd gears (ex. command/pvp server) type in either 420330(for 130lv sword) or 410330(for 130lv blade).

a) If file will export correctly, copy it into your conquer/c3/mesh/ folder, paste and overwrite (I recommend you creating files backups!)
If you've exported properly, PASS "b" point.

b) If that error will occur...

You'll need to do one more thing...

First of, pick your (weapon's in this case) model; Note: Make sure to choose all the objects, boxes etc. of your model.

Then... Click "M", Material editor should've pop-out

Follow instructions attached to the picture...

Pick any jpg or any image you want, click "Open"

Close material editor and you should've see something like this:

Don't worry on it's color, it doesn't matter the way I do models and texture them.

Now repeat moves from above and export your model into .c3 file.

3. Congratulations

Now you can log into game and check your model, depends on what you've modelled tho.

I'll insert my machete's screenie here a lil bit later when I'll get a server to test it on.

4. Credits

Big thanks for teaching me and helping to find out "the secret" goes to:

Thomas, a.k.a. Opale -
Virus
Somebody from EO forums for 3ds Max plugins

5. Notes

If you got any questions or any errors, you might ask them in this thread.. I'll try my best to find solution for each.
Do NOT ask for texturing tutorial.. I'll post it in it's time
Do NOT forget to press if you found this thread useful.

P.S.

Puffffff... secret's gone.... TEEHEE
Attached Files
File Type: rar Plugins.rar (782.3 KB, 696 views)
Thanks
40 Users
Old 04/14/2010, 11:57   #2

Haha you finally did the tuto
Old 04/14/2010, 20:07   #3

u are best man!!
Old 04/18/2010, 10:08   #4

elite*gold: 20
thanks for the release

anyone else having issues with win 7 (x64) and 3ds max 7? there is lots of dll errors that i worked through just to get this error

Code:
the procedure entry point ?addLinksG1Continuity@AcGelmpCompositeCurve3d@@QAEX N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link libary AcGe16.dll
Fix for this error inside spoiler
good luck everyone ... now to work out were i went wrong with my new weapon i probably didn't position it in the right place or something ...

Code:
create Mesh [c3/weapon/410260.c3] failed. -- Sun Apr 18 20:05:58 2010
ok after more looking at this ... i ALWAYS get a 16 byte file ... any idea what i have done wrong lol?
Old 05/09/2010, 16:31   #5

wat bout 3d max 9, is it still the same method for the dll?
Old 05/09/2010, 17:51   #6

Well i tried with 3ds 9 and 10 once, it didnt work

But what you can do is get 3ds 7 + plugin, but keep 3ds max 9 or 10, it has more features, to model, to wrap also, then just export your models to 3ds max 7 , and export to .c3
Old 05/10/2010, 04:03   #7

hmm i dont see .c3 in the save as list when i export
Old 05/10/2010, 13:13   #8

If you get this, try to attach all your objects into one model, and do the material editor + uvw unwrap step

re try to export, it might work ^^

@damusux
You got the plugin? you must have 3ds max 5 or 7 and the corresponding plugin
Old 05/10/2010, 22:27   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
If you get this, try to attach all your objects into one model, and do the material editor + uvw unwrap step

re try to export, it might work ^^

@damusux
You got the plugin? you must have 3ds max 5 or 7 and the corresponding plugin
max 7, ye i dl the plugin, but it didnt show up
Old 05/11/2010, 11:39   #10

I dont know for eo, cause i'm originally on co, but it might be the same thing
You didnt forget to put the c3.core.dll in your main 3ds folder
but the c3.exp.dle file in the plugins folder right?
Old 05/12/2010, 22:34   #11

nvm got it ^.^

one question, is this all u have to do to make the wep appear in the game? or change all the c3 for that particular weapon
Old 05/13/2010, 13:12   #12

Well to get a complete new weapon you should have your model, you hould have unwrapped it, then made a .dds from this, and export to .c3 your model
rename you'r .c3 to any weapon mesh u'd want it to be, do the same for dds. and you're done ^^
Old 05/13/2010, 22:46   #13

can u give me sum directions on unwrapping it and make the dds?
Old 05/14/2010, 11:10   #14

I had a good tuto on how to make dds. for 3d models, just check it you might learn a bit more :

Same for unwrapping steps, would be too long and hard to explain it here, just remember that google is your friend ^^
Old 05/15/2010, 04:45   #15

thx, i try to google it before. but i got nothing relate to .c3 even though i know the concept and relation between the dds and c3