Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE]Creating a weapon from A to Z

Discussion on [GUIDE]Creating a weapon from A to Z within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old 08/20/2011, 11:28   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaches View Post
Does this work with the newest version of 3ds?
Well yes and no ..

You can absolutely do the model and texture part on pretty much any 3D softwares, 3DS MAX, Cinema4D, Blender, Maya .. any versions.

But in the end, you'll need to export your textured model to .max format, open it up in to then export to .c3 format as the only working and public plugins only work with this version for now

Again, 3DS MAX 7 is more than enough for conquer-related modelling !
Old 09/25/2011, 01:01   #17

2 much reading
Old 09/25/2011, 01:14   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiKiller View Post
2 much reading
lazy or what?
if this is your learning attitude you will never going to learn a thing.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/25/2011, 04:06   #19

Received Thanks: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxishere View Post
lazy or what?
if this is your learning attitude you will never going to learn a thing.
he only likes bumping old threads, or simply post useless ***** if its not an ancient thread
Old 10/22/2011, 18:51   #20

STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY STICKY!!!! <333

Edit:
Gratz on the sticky mate ^^
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/08/2012, 17:36   #21

hello guys can some one give me the link for 3Dmax 7 . thx
Old 02/16/2012, 08:51   #22

search google for

3Dmax 7 mediafire
its in the first link
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/17/2012, 08:11   #23

Great guide. Opale, you truly are gifted.
Ive used this method for awhile now and Its nice to see someone actually made a guide for it, hope this will inspire people to create their own weapons, id like to see some new stuff. xP
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/27/2012, 07:50   #24

awesome guide im already started doing it ... i followed all of ur steps but when i arrive to the point of assign to selcetion i can't choose it please help me out

what i missed?
sorry i never used 3d max before

sorry i figer it out my fault ..... it's awesome guide man
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/27/2012, 14:57   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-CORY View Post
awesome guide im already started doing it ... i followed all of ur steps but when i arrive to the point of assign to selcetion i can't choose it please help me out

what i missed?
sorry i never used 3d max before

sorry i figer it out my fault ..... it's awesome guide man
You simply forgot to add the plane in your scene ^^

In this case, it looks like you're trying to put a weapon image on a plane so just go to Create>Plane as you did, and draw a plane in the scene.
Once the plane is created, modify its value so that it's a perfect square ( 150x150 is fine, like in your pic )

Then only, you can select the plane, go to Material Editor ( Press "M" ) and click on "Assign to selection" and "Show map in viewport".. and tada !

I figured my guide was quiet old and missing some useful informations, so as soon as my finals are over I'll proceed in a complete thread revamp including:
- Working .c3 conversion with ANY versions of 3DS MAX ( or any other 3D softwares )
- Better focus on modelling and texturing part
- Biturn tutorial
- Different weapons examples
- Weapons effect composition part
- More ressources
- Alpha Channel tutorial ( NO 3D & just Photoshop, for the lazy ones )
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/29/2012, 12:34   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
You simply forgot to add the plane in your scene ^^

In this case, it looks like you're trying to put a weapon image on a plane so just go to Create>Plane as you did, and draw a plane in the scene.
Once the plane is created, modify its value so that it's a perfect square ( 150x150 is fine, like in your pic )

Then only, you can select the plane, go to Material Editor ( Press "M" ) and click on "Assign to selection" and "Show map in viewport".. and tada !

I figured my guide was quiet old and missing some useful informations, so as soon as my finals are over I'll proceed in a complete thread revamp including:
- Working .c3 conversion with ANY versions of 3DS MAX ( or any other 3D softwares )
- Better focus on modelling and texturing part
- Biturn tutorial
- Different weapons examples
- Weapons effect composition part
- More ressources
- Alpha Channel tutorial ( NO 3D & just Photoshop, for the lazy ones )
omg ur awesome man im waiting for ur guids
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/17/2012, 12:05   #27

congratz THIS IS THE BEST TUTORIAL EVER

BUT SINCE YOU MADE YOUR WEAPON DO YOU MAKE ITS DAMAGE OR WHAT

DOES IT WORK FOR PRIVATE SERVERS PLZ ANSWER FAST BECAUSE IAM AFRAID OF AFTER ALL HARD WORK I CANT PUT THE WEAPON IN THE PRIVATE SERVER

AND CAN YOU SET THE DAMAGE OF THE WEAPON OR REPLACE A WEAPON
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/01/2012, 10:17   #28

Very Nice tUt only prob is i didnt have enough to download 3ds so i got blender and it is hard to follow in blender being a noob whos never touched a 3d program as such i kinda failed at making a plane in blender it just WOULD NOT Come up like Yours Its BS haha but i tried so oh well seems i need to learn more bout dumbass shapes and **** haha
Old 04/05/2014, 10:39   #29

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
/!\ UPDATING THIS GUIDE, PLEASE BE PATIENT /!\
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO WAIT UNTIL THE UPDATE IS DONE

/!\ 10th September's note: University started again and my amount of spare time is now ridiculously low, sorry for the slow update on this thread but things are getting done !

I finished recording several videos tutorials:
2 for modelling + texturing + implementing weapons with 2 different weapons.
1 video tutorial for "alpha channel" edits
As I recorded in super duper high quality it's taking ages to upload on youtube with my crappy net speed ^^

What's left to be done is a tutorial on how to use Biturn to convert models to .c3 / .3ds .

Stay tuned, fresh updates coming soon !!!

Hello !

Today i'll teach you how to make a weapon from A to Z

INTRO: Getting ready.

1ST STEP: The Textures.

2ND STEP: Modelling.

3RD STEP: Texturing the model.

4TH STEP: In-game render.

DONE
i wish i could use ur guide but i only see tittel and button spoler when i push it it do refesh and didnt get any info help pls im looking for that guide before long time or send the guide in messge to me
Old 04/12/2014, 22:23   #30

Thanks, but I did not appreciate the application I want to explain a video please