Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 00:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Albetros Custom Source (Latest Hellmouth)

Discussion on [Release] Albetros Custom Source (Latest Hellmouth) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/12/2011, 06:09   #106

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,514
i love how all your server problems could be fixed in just few lines, and you blame
( microsoft? ) for the most important thing " monsters "

you simplified everything thats wrong in your source, yet you didn't fix it even with
few lines of codes.

entertained? try going out bro, it helps
Old 12/12/2011, 06:19   #107

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7mdxlife View Post
i love how all your server problems could be fixed in just few lines, and you blame

you simplified everything thats wrong in your source, yet you didn't fix it even with
few lines of codes.

Studying for a final tomorrow. This provides a lovely distraction

I posted about the issue with random on our website, our forum and on epvp itself (even asking for advice here). Eventually the question was answered but I stopped caring by that point so never bothered correcting it in this release.

Few lines to fix, yup, I fixed them in my version as soon as you mentioned it in this thread and counted the lines

onoes the custom source I so kindly decided to release for free doesn't meet your standards, brb must go cry xD
Old 12/12/2011, 11:14   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

onoes the custom source I so kindly decided to release for free doesn't meet your standards, brb must go cry xD
***** that bit was just funny "hold on a minute buddy you've hurt my feelings now i gotta run off to the toilet to shed some tears "
haha

i dont understand that people complain so much about things thats being made so easy for others ( as easy as can be i tried to get this source to run but yeah i know NOTHING of C# c++ or anything to do with private servers but am trying to understand/learnbits by bits)

Thank you for the source Pro4
Old 12/12/2011, 12:09   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Don't cry Mr. Pro4never.
Old 12/13/2011, 00:13   #110

How can i login without login crashing? I can only login correctly 100% if i debug with c# express. is there away to fix? Says theres a missing file essembly or somethen
Old 12/13/2011, 00:17   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofreak06 View Post
How can i login without login crashing? I can only login correctly 100% if i debug with c# express. is there away to fix? Says theres a missing file essembly or somethen
It's great just how specific you are.... <_<

If you can debug properly then it should be writing you new .exes in the debug folder. Locate and run those if you don't want to run through debug mode (I actually recommend debug mode in 90 percent of cases)

<edit>

Oohshit! I just realized that this source has the REAL expball method in it... Ahh well dev knows I released this so I guess it's cool. I'm still shocked that this is the first source to be publicly released with the proper system in place hahaa.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/13/2011, 19:35   #112

I've noticed that the expball calculations are perfect, congratulations for this and for the source i dunno what others are doing wrong but for me worked like a charm ,only thing i've seen is that when i run the server and i try to login firstly i get disconnected from game server then i try again and works i have you client from hellmouth site and patched i think i doen't matter that the main think is that it works and it's well coded.

About packets i have an question: What should i know so i will be able convert them from other sources like Kimo 5370 i think ,source from fangs blog that has more packets like mentor ,clan, etc.
And i am wondering this source in the stage that you've released can it be compare to 5017,5095,5165 i mean about features.
Old 12/13/2011, 20:25   #113

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7mdxlife View Post

few lines of codes.

My server was totally freezing (monster/spawning/attack/drop). It was due to the Microsoft implementation of the Random class. The class isn't thread-safe and when you call the same instance from several thread, at a moment, you'll always get 0. He hadn't found the problem and he did a weird things to fix that. I posted the reason and some tricks to fix it on EPvP, but I imagine that he had already stopped the source development.

Anyway, it's probably one of the best and complete source publicly available. If you're too lazy to make some fix yourself, stop programming! People are not there to make everything for you. You have a big chance to have something like that publicly available. When I started programming for CO2, one of the only source was Hadset's one (TheCOServer), kind of really bad things No monster attacking, no drop, no guild, no team, no magic attack, nothing. And you come to say that this source is bad? Where people are going?
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/13/2011, 21:55   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
My server was totally freezing (monster/spawning/attack/drop). It was due to the Microsoft implementation of the Random class. The class isn't thread-safe and when you call the same instance from several thread, at a moment, you'll always get 0. He hadn't found the problem and he did a weird things to fix that. I posted the reason and some tricks to fix it on EPvP, but I imagine that he had already stopped the source development.

Anyway, it's probably one of the best and complete source publicly available. If you're too lazy to make some fix yourself, stop programming! People are not there to make everything for you. You have a big chance to have something like that publicly available. When I started programming for CO2, one of the only source was Hadset's one (TheCOServer), kind of really bad things No monster attacking, no drop, no guild, no team, no magic attack, nothing. And you come to say that this source is bad? Where people are going?
Thanks for all the flattery . I indeed never fixed many of the problems in this release. Instead I've been fixing them in my local source as people mention them again. To be honest it's been so long since I worked on this that I forget half the bugs and don't even remember what DOES work lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujake View Post
I've noticed that the expball calculations are perfect, congratulations for this and for the source i dunno what others are doing wrong but for me worked like a charm ,only thing i've seen is that when i run the server and i try to login firstly i get disconnected from game server then i try again and works i have you client from hellmouth site and patched i think i doen't matter that the main think is that it works and it's well coded.

About packets i have an question: What should i know so i will be able convert them from other sources like Kimo 5370 i think ,source from fangs blog that has more packets like mentor ,clan, etc.
And i am wondering this source in the stage that you've released can it be compare to 5017,5095,5165 i mean about features.
Packet structures are determined by the server/client version. Other source running the same/similar patches can provide references for packet structures but keep in mind that your main options (trinity knockoffs) often have really poorly written features and even worse packet structures. I'm not saying they are worthless, it just makes a LOT more debugging work for yourself as opposed to having real packet logs to base your structures off of. I know when we started the subclass system we looked at one of the feature rich trinity sources for packet references and decided it was a waste of our time trying to use them cause half the offsets in the packet were either wrong or mislabeled.

As for feature comparison... not sure who all was around epvp back when Elite-CoEmu was being worked on. I'd consider this source the same kind of idea as that. At the time there were some really HORRIBLE CoEmu and lotf (5017) sources that could boast just about any feature ever but they were disgustingly unstable and filled with game breaking bugs. Elite-CoEmu worked on one feature at a time and (at least in comparison to other sources public at the time) did them quite accurately to avoid large scale bugs.

So yes... I consider this source a good starting point for a server because the backtracking you have to do is fairly minimal (few small changes for the threading issue and some of the larger omitted things that you might want such as the new steed items, accessories and the calculation bug with artifact dmg) as opposed to some of the more feature rich sources such as trinity knockoffs. Sure they might have subclasses and mentor but at least the ones I've seen would require you to fiddle with half the game systems to make sure they were bug free and complete.

With this source you can basically just take it from where it is and run with it. Can immediately go on to adding new features (custom or otherwise) and not worry TOO much about the base falling apart under your work.
Old 12/13/2011, 23:46   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post

No matter how ****** that source is, then it's still my favorite. Good times.
Old 12/14/2011, 13:25   #116

thank you ,i like servers with no stuff like talismans or horses or accessory,so thats why i wanted to know if it's an basics stuff like 5017 or 5065, only classes,gw and rest of them
Old 12/17/2011, 18:34   #117

Hmm yah we never really did make a list off all the issues, i guess look over the bugs list in the database pro and see what you find we did post some stuff in there, plus there is always the hellmouth form for maybe a few things..
Old 12/17/2011, 19:04   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazarxPaul View Post
Hmm yah we never really did make a list off all the issues, i guess look over the bugs list in the database pro and see what you find we did post some stuff in there, plus there is always the hellmouth form for maybe a few things..
Meh, any bugs that have been reported in this thread I've just fixed for my private version. I don't think I have much reason to write a revised version of this source for release. It's kinda sad how little interest there seems to be around this source. PServer section really is dead :S

I was half considering implementing the FAQ system we have for our website ingame so you could search and ask new faq questions from an npc and command.

IE: /help Dragon *****

Would return a list of topics such as "What can I use dragon ***** for?" "Where can I hunt Dragon *****?" etc. If it didn't list the question you wanted then you could add it which is already integrated with our website FAQ system so gms/helpers could add it to the FAQ database.

Would be a cool system imo.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/18/2011, 04:26   #119

You planning to release this "private version" to the open? I like to have 1 without bugg's so i dont have to around discovering them and trying to fix lol.
Old 12/18/2011, 06:13   #120

problem in executing sql in navicat have anybody has this problem thnx
Closed Thread