This formula can be improved.
It is used in jumping to find point "p" on the screen's border (so when people jump in, they don't just appear, they look like they jump in).
I think the code makes it look much more complicated than it actually is. It's really simple once you see it on paper. Here's what it looks like. (Don't mind the coffee stain... I did it at Starbucks).
The only thing that picture is missing is the square... because the screen distance doesn't work on a radius of 18, it works based on a tangent of 18.
I think the code makes it look much more complicated than it actually is. It's really simple once you see it on paper. Here's what it looks like. (Don't mind the coffee stain... I did it at Starbucks).
The only thing that picture is missing is the square... because the screen distance doesn't work on a radius of 18, it works based on a tangent of 18.
I didn't draw the picture to explain it. That was my first drawing for the equation when I was developing it. I just wanted to show u all that it's not challenging math.
i know that this is ancient old and sorry for bumping the thread but i really see no point in creating another one. I am interested as in how can i use this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang
so when people jump in, they don't just appear, they look like they jump in
.
Let's say char A request a jump from outside of view range of B inside the view range of B. to make as if A was jumping rather than just appear in B's screen you simply find the P point(as you call it), spawn A(spawn visible to B ofc) on that point and then send the jump packet?
thx in advance
i know that this is ancient old and sorry for bumping the thread but i really see no point in creating another one. I am interested as in how can i use this .
Let's say char A request a jump from outside of view range of B inside the view range of B. to make as if A was jumping rather than just appear in B's screen you simply find the P point(as you call it), spawn A(spawn visible to B ofc) on that point and then send the jump packet?
thx in advance
I only released the formulas (which aren't perfect - this thread is very old and I've refined this a long time ago). It's up to you to implement it because it can be implemented in a lot of ways. The idea is to spawn the character on an edge and then send a modified jump. That's all. If you want to implement that, I suggest making your own formula though (because as I said, this is old and not perfect). If you do use it, expect a few bugs. Cheers.
I only released the formulas (which aren't perfect - this thread is very old and I've refined this a long time ago). It's up to you to implement it because it can be implemented in a lot of ways. The idea is to spawn the character on an edge and then send a modified jump. That's all. If you want to implement that, I suggest making your own formula though (because as I said, this is old and not perfect). If you do use it, expect a few bugs. Cheers.
thanks, i am going to try and make my own the formula for the case; as indeed i was interested in the method of using it although it sound pretty logical but i wanted to be sure that this is the best attempt to it and my work won't go in vein