Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[C#]Async Socket

Discussion on [C#]Async Socket within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[C#]Async Socket

Hey ,
this is my first test of coding a socket

Notice : i didn't finished it yet .. i wanted to know ur opinion first
Old 01/09/2014, 14:51   #2

Good Luck with it.
Old 01/09/2014, 15:59   #3

Why do you import namespaces that you aren't using Threading, Threading.Tasks, Text, Linq and Collections.Generic?

Also you don't need to do new AsyncCallback(function).
You can just do:
Code:
Socket.BeginAccept(AcceptCallback, null);
^same for BeginReceive etc.
Thanks
2 Users

Similar Threads Similar Threads
A look at async/await and its applications
08/08/2013 - CO2 Programming - 6 Replies
I'm pretty sure most programmers here are still stuck using the legacy async methods (Begin..., End...) instead of the new keywords, so here's a small overview of using them. You can quickly see how applicable they are to development and how useful it can be. Emphasis on "small overview". It also becomes extremely apparent how much cleaner your code becomes using async/await rather than the legacy methods which forced you to write spaghetti-like code.
[Release]Async Sockets (No packet-splitter)
09/20/2012 - CO2 Programming - 16 Replies
So after seeing this thread: http://www.elitepvpers.com/forum/co2-pserver-discu ssions-questions/2129268-problem-packet-splitting. html I thought I'd make some socket server that could handle the packets without needing to split. Source: BasicClient.cs using System;
Async Socket Wrapper
11/11/2011 - CO2 Programming - 8 Replies
So I was bored and thought I would code a socket wrapper. It's a class library, but full project is available for download + an example use for a socket server. It contains both wrapper for server and client stuff, which means it can be used for either private servers as server-socket or for a proxy. WinAsync - This class contains all the events. public delegate void WinEvent(WinClient wClient); public delegate void WinBufferEvent(WinClient wClient, WinBuffer Buffer); ...