Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Codename: ProCS - New Server development!

Discussion on Codename: ProCS - New Server development! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Codename: ProCS - New Server development!

I'd like to announce the development of a new server (currently under a codename ProCS).

The server has been well under development for a few weeks now, so we have quite a big code-base / API implemented (nearly 10k lines of code)

A few quick facts (programming, and all that stuff normal players aren't interested in):
The server is coded in C#, using MsSQL, and likely MVC for the website. The server uses an event driven system, with NPCs/Scripts through a C# scripting interface.

The server will work with the latest version of CO (English, Spanish and Arabic clients).
We are aiming for a full implementation of CO, however will have many changes to adjust and balance game play, unlike TQ has done.

For example, take the controversial aspect of the game called "Battle Power". While we may have a few events that utilize this property, many events will not, making it much more fair to every player. We plan on revamping Conquer's aspect on player versus environment such that leveling is not primarily done through grinding, but rather done through a myriad of cooperative quests around the hour you can queue for. Players will work together to achieve various goals, and only those who contribute will receive the full rewards (a good example in Conquer right now to get an idea of what we're going for is Dis City). For the most part, these won't be tedious point-click-pathfind or kill-monster-loot-return-item quests as TQ has many of (which are very unpopular).

Ideally, we want to take the most enjoyable features in CO and bring them back (such as mining) and revamp those that aren't particularly enjoyed.
While we may be working on the newest patch, it doesn't mean that every class will be implemented, as what we currently have in mind is going back to traditional game play (Trojan, Warrior, Archer, Taoist) as well as introducing our own classes, skills, gems, and so on as we feel the game has primarily gone down hill since the launch of ninjas.

Here's some of our goals:
Fully implement PVP to CO specs
Low latency, during high-load and PVP areas
No annoying CO features (ex: Item Locks, lack of PVP in TC, etc)
Make use of the wide space and many maps CO offers, as well as adding plenty of our own.
Variety of game-play (designing these campaigns as I mentioned before, events, and so on; this will require a lot of feed back from the community)
Cooperative Campaign based leveling
Traditional Conquer hunting (the primary way of finding items)
Dynamic events around the world (rewarded individually, but may require more than one person to participate to complete the event)
Possible raid-type events (with teams of 20+ people)

Our development team consists of two primary coders (including myself), as well as several people working behind the scenes on various minor content.

Edit:
Our website is live and up: Visit for more information
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/29/2013, 01:55   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Your streaming doesn't appear to be working btw, neither is the earlier broadcast you performed.
Old 04/29/2013, 01:59   #3

Received Thanks: 2,882
seems to be fine for me, I hope you don't intend for the streaming to be very popular though, bone-you didn't have much success with that...
Old 04/29/2013, 02:30   #4

Asked a few people, and it seems to be ok, perhaps an issue with the site? What does it say when you try to watch it
Old 04/29/2013, 08:07   #5

May I suggest something? Do scripting for item-usage as well. Then you won't have to recompile every time you add a new item or its handler.
Old 04/29/2013, 08:44   #6

Item usage is C# based as well (along with all events, and any non-generic NPCs such as banshee)

EX:
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using ProCS.Scripting;
using ProCS.Database;
namespace ProCS.Scripts.Potions
{
    public class GeneralPotions : IScript
    {
        [ItemAction(1000000,1000010,1000020,1000030,1000040)] 
        [ItemAction(1001000,1001010,1001020,1001030,1001040)]
        [ItemAction(1002000,1002010,1002020,1002030,1002040,1002050)]
        public bool HealthPotion(ItemAttribute attr, Client c)
        {
            bool used = false;
            if (c.Health != c.MaxHealth && attr.Health > 0)
            {
                used = true;
                c.Health = Math.Min(c.MaxHealth, c.Health + attr.Health);
            }
            if (attr.Mana > 0)
            {
                used = true;
                c.Mana = Math.Min(c.MaxMana, c.Mana + attr.Mana);
            }

if (used)
                c.Update(SynchronizeType.Health, SynchronizeType.Mana);

return used;
        }
    }
}
Old 04/29/2013, 09:14   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs_engputer View Post
Asked a few people, and it seems to be ok, perhaps an issue with the site? What does it say when you try to watch it
Your entire broadcast is just green with no audio, its something specific to your twitch channel as others work fine, adverts roll on your broadcasts correctly as well.
Old 04/30/2013, 00:05   #8

Back up and streaming for a good few hours!

Also, it might have to do something with the encoder. I'm using x264, but flash should usually take that into account. Could be an issue with hardware acceleration not having x264 support?
Old 04/30/2013, 10:21   #9

/shrug something on your end not on mine as far as I'm concerned, I have no issue with x264, or any other flash based streaming service, or any other twitch channel. You might want to contact twitch about it.
Old 05/02/2013, 08:35   #10

A quick update on the development:
We've managed to implement quite a few things since the initial posting:
  • Monsters (mostly fully implemented)
    • Exp
    • Gold / Item drops
    • Attacking / Dying / Respawning
    • Pathfinding
    • All effects associate
  • Skills
    • Most skills implemented using the generic TQ algorithms
      • Just added scatter/related skills today actually!
    • Most statuses implemented (Cyclone, SM, and other XP skills)
  • Guilds
    • Fully implemented basic guild functions (joining, promotion, donation, creating, disbanding, etc)
    • Not planning on adding arsenal , and guild level likely to be replaced to WoW-like guild system where it levels from experience.
  • Items
    • All items are fully implemented to work using just generic implementations.
    • Custom item actions are being worked on still, but some (like potions and such) have been implemented already.
    • Implemented warehouses
  • NPCs
    • The Npc system received a big overhaul to make scripting a lot more easier / noob friendly.
    • Npcs work either based on 1 instance, or multiple instances based on a generic type.
    • We have some NPCs implemented (ones that serve few functions, such as teleporting, and other basic game interactions)
  • PVP
    • Just added PK point / red / blue / black name system
I'll be editing this list in a little bit with screenshots as well
Old 05/02/2013, 14:17   #11

elite*gold: 28
Take a look at ConquerServer_V2 for implement skills and spells, they have an excellent way of doing it so you don't have to manually implement any of them.
Old 05/02/2013, 22:28   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Take a look at ConquerServer_V2 for implement skills and spells, they have an excellent way of doing it so you don't have to manually implement any of them.
Yeah, that's where I've gotten a lot of Spell implementation from (along with CSV3). We have almost all the spells implemented right now anyhow, just missing the some status based ones, which require manual implementation (like casting Stig, Shield, etc)
Old 05/03/2013, 00:09   #13

Received Thanks: 2,882
Actually those don't require manual implementation at all, take a look at V3
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/03/2013, 05:22   #14

Heres a video of me testing mobs / stig / drops / etc:

Tomorrow we'll likely be reaching a pre-alpha testing phase, and within a few days we should be ready for an alpha (closed - invites only)
Old 05/03/2013, 12:22   #15

elite*gold: 28
Well I was going to check that video out, but everytime it loads up I get a nice little notification saying my display driver stopped working and if I dont pause your video its followed by a nice blue screen.

I think you have a bug. XD

O.o

lolol, its only your twitch channel that owns me. (Should upload to youtube )

#edit
ok, its just that video that refuses to work.