Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Programming help

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Programming help

I have no prior experience in the C# coding language or any other coding language for that matter.

So I am asking for your help e*PvP

I would like to learn the basic's of C# coding, nothing advanced just so I can start off a server and experiment(it wont be public it will just be for testing purposes).

Right now I have Hybrids basic server source. Specifically it would be great if someone with experience with that source would help me.

Thanks.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,490
My advice would be to read through the C# tutorials posted in this thread.

And if you need more help search for hybrids video tutorials, they were basic and built upto some quite advanced stuff.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjkasper42 View Post
I have no prior experience in the C# coding language or any other coding language for that matter.

So I am asking for your help e*PvP

I would like to learn the basic's of C# coding, nothing advanced just so I can start off a server and experiment(it wont be public it will just be for testing purposes).

Right now I have Hybrids basic server source. Specifically it would be great if someone with experience with that source would help me.

Thanks.
Nothing advanced? Running a server and experimenting on it is rather advanced in programming terms. Going to have to know the basics, data structures, and peer-to-peer programming. Tutorials for C# are probably your best best, along with sites like Code Guru.
Old   #4

you'll have a hard time understanding a server source if your new to C#, i reccomend following some tutorials at c-sharp.net first, then try to take the code function-by-function

Old   #5

Ok scrap what i said in the first post. I am learning C# more and more as we speak but I would appreciate it if someone could pm me their msn or something just so if i am unclear on what a class etc.. does then i can ask you.
Old   #6

Quote:
Ok scrap what i said in the first post. I am learning C# more and more as we speak but I would appreciate it if someone could pm me their msn or something just so if i am unclear on what a class etc.. does then i can ask you.
Its a good thing your scrapping your server project for now.

Most commonly a class is used to describe an object. Which entitles stating the attributes and methods that are associated with that class.
Once this class is created in memory, via a "driver class", memory is held open to fill class attributes and perform methods described within the class.
Old   #7

I had no "Server Project" I was simply wondering if it would be a place to start. Also I put etc... after classes because I have no experience in C# and a class is the only thing that came to mind now I remember variables,strings,ints,floats,doubles, etc... but I will need more insight as I progress.
Old   #8

Quote:
I had no "Server Project" I was simply wondering if it would be a place to start. Also I put etc... after classes because I have no experience in C# and a class is the only thing that came to mind now I remember variables,strings,ints,floats,doubles, etc... but I will need more insight as I progress.
Google'ing "C# tutorials" shall provide that insight.

I had C# thrown at me in college. We are just expect to learn how to use it on our own to complete GUI projects.
Old   #9

My best way to learn is by seeing complex examples of source codes: of course, if you're always sticking to things you know you may learn nothing!

So, you could search on the internet for a few soft sources and see how the coders made them. Also, Inf has a nice source here:

It teaches a clean programming style along with socket programming.

Hope that helped!
Tar