Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Dev] Hellmouth Revival

Discussion on [Dev] Hellmouth Revival within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 12/28/2010, 00:52   #181

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
So I'm working on the arena info. My job. So here's another update.
Old 01/01/2011, 17:14   #182

is the beta testing gonna be up today ?
cant w8 to test it
Old 01/01/2011, 17:15   #183

Beta won't be up for another week at least. I'm working on arena system at the moment.
Old 01/01/2011, 17:59   #184

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Basically I've been busy irl and not gotten done anything I wanted to really. Today I'm prob going to end up sleeping most of the day (*** **** chain smokers! lol) so I'll probably start on the updates again late today or tomorrow.

Basically before beta here's a list of things we want to get done. Speak up if you feel something on this list isn't important or you have something you feel should be added before we let people on to test stuff.

Mobs:
-Spawning
-Respawning
-Movement/basic ai (maybe not final version but something functional that doesn't completely suck)
-Monster attacking/being attacked/death

Skills
-Finish up all the weapon skills (they just need the new targeting systems... namely arc I think is the only one I didn't code yet)
-Finish up Tao skills (again... apply them to cost/damage boost and set them to the correct targeting method)
-Monk skills: I'll add the basic ones but not all of them as I plan to re-invent the class

Items:
-Warehouses
-Stores (buy/sell items)
-Drop/loot items
-Basic monster drops (nothing fancy... just basic item generator)

Arco hopes to have a basic working version of the arena system online for beta and I will most likely add one or two simple pvp events to give people something to do.

I'll probably be adding dueling again as well as maybe a basic tffa or something to do.

For those who didn't play hellmouth, duel arena is a 1v1 ss/fb ONLY tournament where it counts hits, not damage. That way it's skill based so a level 70 has same chance of winning as a 130+.

The plans are to NOT have commands but rather have you simply start fully geared and skilled for your profession (full prof/skill/items for that class) and then have an npc in twin city which will let you chose to respec to a different profession or replace items (thinking super +5 1 socket bound items... that way as we advance beta we can start to add some things to let people upgrade their gear... IE quest/tourny/testing rewards)
Old 01/01/2011, 19:13   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Basically I've been busy irl and not gotten done anything I wanted to really. Today I'm prob going to end up sleeping most of the day (god damn chain smokers! lol) so I'll probably start on the updates again late today or tomorrow.

Basically before beta here's a list of things we want to get done. Speak up if you feel something on this list isn't important or you have something you feel should be added before we let people on to test stuff.

Mobs:
-Spawning
-Respawning
-Movement/basic ai (maybe not final version but something functional that doesn't completely suck)
-Monster attacking/being attacked/death

Skills
-Finish up all the weapon skills (they just need the new targeting systems... namely arc I think is the only one I didn't code yet)
-Finish up Tao skills (again... apply them to cost/damage boost and set them to the correct targeting method)
-Monk skills: I'll add the basic ones but not all of them as I plan to re-invent the class

Items:
-Warehouses
-Stores (buy/sell items)
-Drop/loot items
-Basic monster drops (nothing fancy... just basic item generator)

Arco hopes to have a basic working version of the arena system online for beta and I will most likely add one or two simple pvp events to give people something to do.

I'll probably be adding dueling again as well as maybe a basic tffa or something to do.

For those who didn't play hellmouth, duel arena is a 1v1 ss/fb ONLY tournament where it counts hits, not damage. That way it's skill based so a level 70 has same chance of winning as a 130+.

The plans are to NOT have commands but rather have you simply start fully geared and skilled for your profession (full prof/skill/items for that class) and then have an npc in twin city which will let you chose to respec to a different profession or replace items (thinking super +5 1 socket bound items... that way as we advance beta we can start to add some things to let people upgrade their gear... IE quest/tourny/testing rewards)
for beta testing that's seem fine after all it is beta and u already add all the basics + tournys so id say its great
Old 01/01/2011, 19:55   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
This I plan on getting done this week or so.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2011, 09:15   #187

Bravo. Finally a group of people who have a good head on their shoulders putting together a quality server. If you guys make this happen, I'd def be one to come back to Conquer just to play your server. I wish you guys the best of luck with the project. I'd love to help beta test when ever. Cheers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/02/2011, 19:53   #188

Its nice to hear the site it almost finished

I hope to see you guys Online next week!
Old 01/02/2011, 21:03   #189

I can't wait for the Beta either. I'll be there when Beta test is up, hehe.

#Edit: Will the server the VERY low rate, because there's enough PVP servers out there. If yes, what rates and how will you be able to get CPs?
Old 01/02/2011, 21:17   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradøx View Post
I can't wait for the Beta either. I'll be there when Beta test is up, hehe.

#Edit: Will the server the VERY low rate, because there's enough PVP servers out there. If yes, what rates and how will you be able to get CPs?
The exp rate should be around x3 exp, but the beta is beta and i think then it will be higher to test afcourse. I am not sure about anything i am just telling the things i heard.

We shouldn worry about the Cps, they wont be a real big part of the game.
Old 01/02/2011, 21:17   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizziox View Post
The exp rate should be around x3 exp, but the beta is beta and i think then it will be higher to test afcourse. I am not sure about anything i am just telling the things i heard.

We shouldn worry about the Cps, they wont be a real big part of the game.
Alright, that's cool.
Old 01/02/2011, 22:08   #192

Looks like you guys are making progress.. Thats good, I wont really be around to help for another month or so because no internet at the new place just yet..
Old 01/02/2011, 23:43   #193

put the level rate on 2x for christ sakes. and if cps drop no more than 2..
Old 01/03/2011, 00:35   #194

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Exp rate I'm planning around 2x exp rate with few if any USES for cp (IE they will be gainable from monsters but not have any real uses... mostly things like exp potions, garments... boosts and visual changes more so than buying gear).

Gear will be very low rate (think +5-6 1 sock being good with +12 being difficult it not impossible)

The plan is to keep rates low but CONTENT high. The plan is to make the goal not to be grind to end game to start competing in pvp and fun events but rather events and quests for all levels so that there is fun stuff to do when even level 80... 100... etc
Old 01/03/2011, 00:48   #195

Just wanted to say you guys seem very professional and that this server looks like it has a very bright future. I am going to come back to CO and play it when it is online.