Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Make A NPC That Moves Around The Map

Discussion on Make A NPC That Moves Around The Map within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Make A NPC That Moves Around The Map

This is for the Redux source, client v5065.

The idea is to have an NPC that moves every time you talk to the NPC. The best example of that would be the Blue Mouse NPC.

I can handle the dialogues and the item exchanges without any issues just need to get the NPC to move.

I seen other sources but every one of them is not something that can be easily followed.

Correct me if this is wrong:
The basic idea is to locate the NPC in the database and the game client maps and the remove that NPC and then spawn the NPC at the a new map and location. I'm not sure where to start and how to code this into the source properly. I got no template to follow for references.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11/08/2022, 16:07   #2

elite*gold: 11
contact me via Discord will help you dont worry
Old 11/08/2022, 18:19   #3

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energetic(H) View Post
contact me via Discord will help you dont worry
Please don't take people off-site. It's better to post solutions here for everyone to see and contribute towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGannon View Post
This is for the Redux source, client v5065.

The idea is to have an NPC that moves every time you talk to the NPC. The best example of that would be the Blue Mouse NPC.

I can handle the dialogues and the item exchanges without any issues just need to get the NPC to move.

I seen other sources but every one of them is not something that can be easily followed.

Correct me if this is wrong:
The basic idea is to locate the NPC in the database and the game client maps and the remove that NPC and then spawn the NPC at the a new map and location. I'm not sure where to start and how to code this into the source properly. I got no template to follow for references.

Any help would be appreciated.
I think it depends. If you want the NPC to have a dynamic location for just that player, then that can all be done in memory (I don't think you'll really care about the location persisting across restarts unless it's related to a quest). Otherwise, yeah. You'll need to save the new location to the database when you move it. So, what's the scope and purpose of the NPC?
Old 11/09/2022, 00:10   #4

elite*gold: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Please don't take people off-site. It's better to post solutions here for everyone to see and contribute towards.

I think it depends. If you want the NPC to have a dynamic location for just that player, then that can all be done in memory (I don't think you'll really care about the location persisting across restarts unless it's related to a quest). Otherwise, yeah. You'll need to save the new location to the database when you move it. So, what's the scope and purpose of the NPC?
i mean to make it with myself fang to him like anydesk and itold him discord to contact with avocie call to explain what i will do for him for free and help him better and faster way
Old 11/09/2022, 07:40   #5

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
I will have to agree with Spirited and post the solutions here for everybody to see and contribute towards. So if anyone who wants to work on the Redux source come across a similar issue they can search up like this. Assuming this thread becomes a solved problem.

Quote:
My only concern is a dynamic location I don't believe it's necessary to save the new location into the database when the NPC gets moved.
So far, the only thing I have in mind is an NPC to functions similar to the Blue Mouse NPC. It's mainly quest related where you talk to the NPC and it changes location. If you have an item it performs it's exchange otherwise it will taunt you and move to another map another location.

If you want me to be more specific about the NPC then it's a Blue Mouse + Richard the Thief (I don't know if anyone here even remembers this NPC) for old school Conquer quests.

As for custom NPC it's one that moves across Lab and another that moves across the Adventure Zone Maps. It's more for Taos only quests where they can exchange either Lab or other rare loots for exp (Taos takes ages to level up and most of their level are in TG) and/or WaterTao warps for moving across the Lab 1 to Lab 4 without the need for tokens. As well as the similar idea for moving around the Adventure Zones.
Old 11/09/2022, 08:10   #6

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGannon View Post
I will have to agree with Spirited and post the solutions here for everybody to see and contribute towards. So if anyone who wants to work on the Redux source come across a similar issue they can search up like this. Assuming this thread becomes a solved problem.

My only concern is a dynamic location I don't believe it's necessary to save the new location into the database when the NPC gets moved.
So far, the only thing I have in mind is an NPC to functions similar to the Blue Mouse NPC. It's mainly quest related where you talk to the NPC and it changes location. If you have an item it performs it's exchange otherwise it will taunt you and move to another map another location.

If you want me to be more specific about the NPC then it's a Blue Mouse + Richard the Thief (I don't know if anyone here even remembers this NPC) for old school Conquer quests.

As for custom NPC it's one that moves across Lab and another that moves across the Adventure Zone Maps. It's more for Taos only quests where they can exchange either Lab or other rare loots for exp (Taos takes ages to level up and most of their level are in TG) and/or WaterTao warps for moving across the Lab 1 to Lab 4 without the need for tokens. As well as the similar idea for moving around the Adventure Zones.
Yeah, there's definitely no need to save that to the database. I think the majority of your changes are going to be in the Map class; though, I've never taken a close look at Redux's map system before. It's a little restrictive for adding dynamic spawns, but you could add an override collection of object locations to the Map class and have QueryScreen check against that. Then maybe you can add an InsertLocationOverride? Just make sure you remove player specific overrides when they disconnect. Another option could be to just move it for everybody and not worry about adding a new collection.