Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Motivation

Discussion on [Discussion] Motivation within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 03/03/2010, 01:38   #16

elite*gold: 0
My motivation for making a Conquer Private server is because it was my start in programing. I love to program things and learn new things about programming. But i would like to add i started programming on the main reason that TQ's methods to make the server better make it worse and they do not know how to properly manage a game in my opinion.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/03/2010, 06:46   #17

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Keep the thread clean folks, or it will be closed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/03/2010, 06:48   #18

Received Thanks: 5,291
My motivation is wanting to keep players happy. I see people leave real conquer for reasons such as people bulking to be the best. Conquer Online is free to play, but it has become pay to win. I believe if you have a server that requires work and not paying towards winning then it has a great chance at being successful and your players happy. So I do what I can to keep players happy. So pretty much my players are my motivation.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/03/2010, 13:54   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
My motivation is wanting to keep players happy. I see people leave real conquer for reasons such as people bulking to be the best. Conquer Online is free to play, but it has become pay to win. I believe if you have a server that requires work and not paying towards winning then it has a great chance at being successful and your players happy. So I do what I can to keep players happy. So pretty much my players are my motivation.
That made me cry.

Why make the server hard if they can just play Real Conquer?
Old 03/04/2010, 02:27   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFlamedCOD View Post
My motivation for making a Conquer Private server is because it was my start in programing. I love to program things and learn new things about programming. But i would like to add i started programming on the main reason that TQ's methods to make the server better make it worse and they do not know how to properly manage a game in my opinion.
Well, I agree with you and I have some advise for you. Don't make a server because you just love to code, make it because you just love the people that want to play it ^^ PS: Maybe you can think of a cooler title for your private server too since I was the one who came up with that name. John and Jevin love to steal my ideas... . You're heart is in the right place though and I wish you good luck. I hope you're server turns out good. =]

Quote:
Completely agree with you. You just summed up the reason why I quit Conquer and what I did with my server in 1 sentence. I completely removed CPs, towers, and fans from my server. I think it's important to have incentives in your server. Without incentives, players don't have goals and don't have the desire to work hard. As I said- completely agree with you. =] It's hard to get to that point though when making a private server... it takes about two days alone just to get rid of the NPCs that are completely useless and all the CPs right? =P

You all seem to have motivation and incentives in mind and I will you all good luck ^^ If any of you would like some opinion on your server then I'd be happy to give you mine =] I might not know how to make a private server that well but I know how to develop ideas =P.

One last thing... here's something to think about...
Incentive.

Incentive is the desire to do well with reward in mind. If your server has no incentives then it will not do well. In my opinion, incentive shouldn't be the reason why you make a private server. I think that one should make a private server out of the kindness of their heart. For instance, I'm not making a private server to make friends. That's might be a result of making the server but it's not the reason why I'm making it. My reason is to bring happiness to my friends on meteor server... and in a way, I guess that is my incentive. My reward is that they're happy ... which makes me happy ^^

So here is my new question:
What is your incentive?
Old 03/04/2010, 02:31   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedex View Post
That made me cry.

Not hard per se, but not necessarily easy too.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2010, 02:48   #22

My motivation is knowing players wanna join my server and play and I like the feeling of having alot of players on my server and feeling in control.
Old 03/04/2010, 02:51   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedex View Post
That made me cry.

Why Jedex let me explain a little something about conquer...

around 2004 it was my favorite mmo for one reason and two reasons, free to play and fair gameplay...

then on a sad day shoping mall came out... then like .arco said it became pay to win... if you go look on real co, even if the server was made Saturday, they will have some one with full +12 -7 2 soc because of one reason... he has the money to bulk...

TQ took my favorite mmo game and twisted it around into a buisness... that is my reason to play private servers...

private servers offer alot of variety such as -rates +rates and normal rates it makes it fun, and thats why most people who play private servers even -rates play it...

and about the motivation... im no coder AT ALL, im hoping to learn in the future and maybe even make my own server, but i guess i can talk about my motivation to play the game, TO GET AWAY FROM MY LIFE OF PROBLEMS!!

lets face it... my lifes shity unless im on a computer... thats why i play the game
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/04/2010, 03:15   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFalcon101 View Post

around 2004 it was my favorite mmo for one reason and two reasons, free to play and fair gameplay...

then on a sad day shoping mall came out... then like .arco said it became pay to win... if you go look on real co, even if the server was made Saturday, they will have some one with full +12 -7 2 soc because of one reason... he has the money to bulk...

TQ took my favorite mmo game and twisted it around into a buisness... that is my reason to play private servers...

private servers offer alot of variety such as -rates +rates and normal rates it makes it fun, and thats why most people who play private servers even -rates play it...

and about the motivation... im no coder AT ALL, im hoping to learn in the future and maybe even make my own server, but i guess i can talk about my motivation to play the game, TO GET AWAY FROM MY LIFE OF PROBLEMS!!

lets face it... my lifes shity unless im on a computer... thats why i play the game
I've been playing since the release of Dragon Server. You're right... unfortunately it got worse when the Arabs joined... not that i'm raciest but they were more willing to "buy into" American society gaming. It wasn't long until they controlled and took over the game. TQ even "rewarded" them by adding the sand raider garment. Now you can't even understand anyone. They all speak different languages: that's another reason why I quit.

And you're right. We all have problems at home, and who doesn't need to escape from a pissed girlfriend once and a while =P I think it's great that you're taking interest in the topic and I hope you find the server that's right for you ^^ You're welcome into my beta testing group if you'd like.
Old 03/04/2010, 03:18   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NewDawn- View Post
I've been playing since the release of Dragon Server. You're right... unfortunately it got worse when the Arabs joined... not that i'm raciest but they were more willing to "buy into" American society gaming. It wasn't long until they controlled and took over the game. TQ even "rewarded" them by adding the sand raider garment. Now you can't even understand anyone. They all speak different languages: that's another reason why I quit.
i started playing on mausoleum around 03 before 2.0 and then later on i moved to justice and recently i quit water but w.e im done with real co... private servers bring memories back
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2010, 03:18   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFalcon101 View Post

Couldn't agree more, truer words have never been spoken.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2010, 03:30   #27

I'm 15...I like to code p-servers to my amusement. I enjoy people getting on ma server and meeting new friends on and on and most of all they have fun while they're at it!I started coding pservers around the beginning of 2009 because TQ ****** up the servers making them binaries n shiz...I personally don't like binaries because You'll get a person trying to kill u and tell u they are better than you just because they have like 2 more new things that TQ added, and can't keep it like it was...I started playing conquer back when it was on its 5000s patch...My motivation is to learn all I can about coding-and more! even tho I don't declare my self a good coder you can say I'm a beginner with experience ! I am also striving for my server to get out of beta with most bugs fixed(main ones)...anyways thanks NewDawn! +k
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2010, 11:56   #28

Mine is because i love games to make my own one day and ive allways wanted to learn C++ so C# is a start and i hope once ive finished debugging mine and addign features ill be able to move onto making open source applications that are simular to Dreamweaver for free just like OpenOffice did with Microsoft offices applications. To start of my webhosting buissness
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/04/2010, 13:16   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Roach View Post
My motivation is knowing players wanna join my server and play and I like the feeling of having alot of players on my server and feeling in control.
But you won't be in control Decker if you don't have many players. If you don't have many players whats your motivation then?
Old 03/04/2010, 13:27   #30

Quote:
But you won't be in control Decker if you don't have many players. If you don't have many players whats your motivation then?
Let me think...
If I don't have many players it will be...
Well...
Helping someone.
That's all I got.
Closed Thread