Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Motivation

Discussion on [Discussion] Motivation within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Discussion] Motivation

Hey everyone!
I'm the owner of New Dawn which will be released some time in Mid-March 2010. It runs on patch 5165 which I have renamed 1001 for my custom client. ^^ I'm 18 years old and I'm a senior in High School in Laguna Beach, CA. My private server has 8 beta testers playing it and they all love it so far =P I learn something new every day and love hearing from you guys. My motivation for coding my server is to make a place where everyone can just escape the problems of their lives for at least a few minutes and have friends to cheer them up and be there for them. I know I'll always be here for my friends.

Now it's your turn =P
Tell me about yourself! Where you come from? Who are you as a person and how is your private server coming along? =] What's your motivation?
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 15:42   #2

Isn't that what lunch is for?
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 15:43   #3

I haven't really got a motivation, although I do think it is cool that you have a actual reason to code.
I code because I like coding. I code private servers because it's a great way to learn about gaming, coding, and of course there are so many things you're involved with. Besides, you work are part of a community, and you could say you "own" the community, which is also nicer than working on something, for just you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 15:52   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
I'm 20, I started coding conquer pservers last fall as a way to learn some programming before I headed off to school. Doing that kinda revived my interest in conquer and made me wanna keep going. That combined with a renewed interest in programming this last winter after doing some basic programming in university made me wanna restart my project.

Right now my motivation is to get this server as complete and bug free as possible before we go beta (on Monday). After we go beta though my motivation is to create the best possible server I can. It's something I really enjoy and it gives me something to work on and allows me to stretch my mind. I'm still learning stuff every day and I figure doing this is a far better 'waste of time' than if I was just playing some random mmo and learning nothing. This lets me learn, produce something worth while and meet a ton of great people.

Also... not sure if this thread is really allowed in this section but hopefully it won't get closed :P
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/26/2010, 15:53   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Ill leave this thread for now, i havent really decided about it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 15:54   #6

We should keep it , it is kind of about conquer discussion because of our motivations to code pservers..
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 17:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Ill leave this thread for now, i havent really decided about it.
Leave it, I'm sure this will motivate people. There are other threads out there that are less important than this and they are still breathing. A little motivation isn't "spamming".
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 17:31   #8

Received Thanks: 2,518
Well no, but technically this belongs in general/off-topic than private servers, but like i say, ill leave it for now.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 23:06   #9

My motivation is the feeling when, after working on a piece of code for long hours, it finally works I`m not talking just about CO, but programming itself.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/26/2010, 23:20   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDeRnEcRo View Post
My motivation is the feeling when, after working on a piece of code for long hours, it finally works I`m not talking just about CO, but programming itself.
Totally agree.

I also enjoy doing something and knowing that my work is bringing others joy/happiness from the services I offer, or bringing simplicity to a job that will make others work easier. =o
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2010, 00:41   #11

My motivation is learning everything i can then doing something that other people cannot do that brings me pure happiness...

Now on the less evil side

I love feeling in control, i code what people see ALL the time so therefore i feel that i am representing myself (personality) in my codes (and cause i get bored)
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2010, 01:09   #12

What Motivation Means to Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
Totally agree.

I also enjoy doing something and knowing that my work is bringing others joy/happiness from the services I offer, or bringing simplicity to a job that will make others work easier. =o
That is my exact motivation. I love it when I make something special for my friends and they enjoy it so much that they can't get enough of it. It really makes me happy that they're enjoying it so much. They even quit real conquer for it which really means a lot to me. It's kinda like they're saying that I'm better and kinda telling me in a non-direct way that they're really happy I did it. That's really why I'm still here, because my friends are- and if I wasn't here for one of my friends, then she wouldn't be alive right now. Even though I only met her on Conquer I feel like I'm connected to her and also connected to all of the people I've met on Conquer.

It's friendship that makes you strong, not gears or money. I mean, I was the weakest person in Meteor Server when I used to play... and I was one of the two major enemy guilds of the server, yet none of the +12 people touched me. I'd talk to them just like we weren't enemies at all... Even the Guild Leader of the enemy guild used to revive me in Guild War. It's friendships like that that make us strong and it's bonds with other people like that that build motivation for us to succeed in whatever we choose to do. I think that's why I'm building this private server... not because i wanted to learn how to code - a week ago I'd never even seen C# - not because I wanted to be respected either...

I made my private server to make my relationships with my friends stronger and so that they and all of you could maybe understand who I am as a person... and maybe by responding to this you'll start to understand more about yourself and how your friends make you a stronger person.

I'm going to go to my friend's house to help him upgrade to Windows 7.
I can't wait to read what your motivations are and how you are all doing!
Keep Strong!

~Fang~

Ps: Here's a really Uplifting Video, I hope you all have an awesome evening ^^
Old 03/02/2010, 23:29   #13

Re: [Discussion] Motivation

Basicly my motivation is keeping the players happy if there happy im happy
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/02/2010, 23:55   #14

my motivation is when i know all my players are just naked having a great time on the server having fun with everyone else!
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/03/2010, 00:03   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by o sTriiDe View Post
my motivation is when i know all my players are just naked having a great time on the server having fun with everyone else!
uh... whatever makes you happy ... *backs up*
Closed Thread