Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 07:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Port/Socket Error

Discussion on Port/Socket Error within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Port/Socket Error

Alright, pretty sure this is the right place to post this.

I have decided to fool around with CO PServers as all I have ever coded and messed with is Java. I have touched a little bit into C# before but nothing major. But this is besides the point, actually I am fairly certain this has nothing to do with the coding of the server (oddly enough?).

Basically I have the ports 9958/5816 forwarded, added exceptions in firewall (inbound and outbound) and even tried cutting off the firewall, yet I still receive this error:

I have also used canyouseeme.org to test out if the ports are being used or are visible and that also has failed. I am doing all of this on a Windows 2008 host that is purely dedicated to this server (no other programs using any ports except mysql of course).

I have tried a lot of things so I decided it may be best to post here and see what kind of input I can get, if you need any of the codes or any other information just post below and I will be sure to give it to you.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Edit: Also forgot to mention (although its provided in screenshot), this is a 5165 source. Also I have now tried disabling IPv6 (suggestion from a friend), and still gives same error.
Old 01/10/2012, 23:24   #2

i can help with your connection problem, im looking for mates in conquer programming, you can acess my - also add me on Msn that i sent you in PM.
Old 01/11/2012, 08:56   #3

Tried Google?

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/11/2012, 09:06   #4

Mabey the ports are just protected by ur isp, call ur isp and ask them to forward them for you. or atleast inqiure.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/11/2012, 19:46   #5

Problem solved, had the guy I buy my VPS double check stuff on his end and I guess he found the problem. Thanks for the responses!