Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Character Creation Problems

Discussion on Character Creation Problems within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Character Creation Problems

Hey... so I've been working with character creation. I made a male trojan and it logged in perfectly (every time I made it). Then, I made a test character named "Saint" who was a female monk (a saint). It gets stuck on "Initializing" every single time it's made- no matter what the name. Not sure why it's happening. I've packet sniffed 9 examples to go off of. Not sure what to check next.

Edit:
Current Patch btw. And it's doing it rarely on login to. I'm using the new exchange key I found in packet logging and it all seems like it should work. I'm not using packets 2078 and 2079.
Old 06/19/2011, 07:22   #2

Received Thanks: 1,107
any silent Exceptions on the (female monk) creation ?

are you really sending both "answerok" messages ?

if not then yep you'll get stuck stuck on "Initializing"

if both packets are being sent then idk you said it worked for the trojan than it must be something wrong with the login/creation void ,
Old 06/19/2011, 07:49   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post
any silent Exceptions on the (female monk) creation ?

are you really sending both "answerok" messages ?

if not then yep you'll get stuck stuck on "Initializing"

if both packets are being sent then idk you said it worked for the trojan than it must be something wrong with the login/creation void ,
It's really weird =\ I'm sending the answer ok to the client using the character creation chat type, and then the server picks it up with 1052- so that's not a problem. Then it sends the answer ok using the login chat type which sends the server into "Initializing" .. meaning sending the time and structure packets, and then lastly, the character info packet. The character info packet SHOULD send it into creating maps ... but it's not. It hangs the client. Here's a picture of the packets I sent in my latest test...

CharacterInfo is correct because it works most of the time. It wouldn't work at all if it was wrong and I checked it 4 times with different packet sniffs. =\
Old 06/19/2011, 08:25   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
. Then it sends the answer ok using the login chat type which sends the server into "Initializing" .. meaning sending the time and structure packets,
meaning im still waiting for the the next answer ok to let you in you only passed the creation part.

Edit:
thats how its being done thought . the char info packet has nothing to do with it nor the chat type its always 2101 and both of them want let you pass the "Initializing" part you just need to send the next answer ok ,

Edited ?
Old 06/19/2011, 08:38   #5

Quote:
meaning im still waiting for the the next answer ok to let you in you only passed the creation part.

Edit:
thats how its being done thought . the char info packet has nothing to do with it nor the chat type its always 2101 and both of them want let you pass the "Initializing" part you just need to send the next answer ok ,
good luck
Why would you send Packets.Chat("NEW_ROLE", "SYSTEM", "ALLUSERS", 2101), Client); in the 1001 handler? You can't use 2101 in the character creation window. That's the wrong type. ._. And I'm sending both answer_ok's.
Old 06/19/2011, 08:41   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Why would you send Packets.Chat("NEW_ROLE", "SYSTEM", "ALLUSERS", 2101), Client); in the 1001 handler? You can't use 2101 in the character creation window. That's the wrong type. ._. And I'm sending both answer_ok's.
ok keep trying then (i knew i shouldent even try to help )

oh and im sending the NEW_ROLE packet in the 1001 handler cus you'll never make it with out it !

good luck fixing it :S
Old 06/19/2011, 08:46   #7

Quote:
ok keep trying then (i knew i shouldent even try to help )

oh and im sending the NEW_ROLE packet in the 1001 handler cus you'll never make it with out it !

good luck fixing it :S
o.o you usually send the NEW_ROLE in packet 1052's handler. It only works with the login chat type in that handler. Well, anyways, thanks for trying =\ Still struggling with it.
Old 06/19/2011, 08:54   #8

I'm creating a char other way. Once I Create it with the void, I Send Pop up message packet that says "Character Created successfully. Please go back twice to login" ...
here's an example.
Code:
Database.CreateCharacter(GC.AuthInfo.Account, CharName, Body, Job);
GC.SendPacket(Packets.PopUpMessage(GC.MessageID, "Character Created Successfully, Go Back Twice To Login"));
And here is how I Used to do it on older patches
Code:
GC.SendPacket(Packets.PopUpMessage(GC.MessageID, Database.CreateCharacter(GC.AuthInfo.Account, CharName, Body, Job)));
Although this is not the way TQ does it, but it's a temporary/alternative solution.
Old 06/19/2011, 09:17   #9

elite*gold: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron~Man View Post
I'm creating a char other way. Once I Create it with the void, I Send Pop up message packet that says "Character Created successfully. Please go back twice to login" ...

Although this is not the way TQ does it, but it's a temporary/alternative solution.
Why make it temporary, not like you should be rushing through this.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/19/2011, 09:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron~Man View Post
here's an example.
Code:
Database.CreateCharacter(GC.AuthInfo.Account, CharName, Body, Job);
GC.SendPacket(Packets.PopUpMessage(GC.MessageID, "Character Created Successfully, Go Back Twice To Login"));
And here is how I Used to do it on older patches
Code:
GC.SendPacket(Packets.PopUpMessage(GC.MessageID, Database.CreateCharacter(GC.AuthInfo.Account, CharName, Body, Job)));
Yah, I just was disconnecting them instead... but the problem happens sometimes when I log into the server too. There's something wrong with sending the character info packet and I checked my cryptography. It's the same one that I was using in my monk test source. *faceplant* I've been working on this for hours...
Old 06/19/2011, 13:19   #11

elite*gold: 28
Too many comments, I got to creating maps, by resending the answer_ok packet or the auth/game connect packet.
Old 06/19/2011, 15:41   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBucks View Post
Why make it temporary, not like you should be rushing through this.
What?
Old 06/19/2011, 20:32   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Too many comments, I got to creating maps, by resending the answer_ok packet or the auth/game connect packet.
I can't send answer_ok more than twice. If I do, it won't go through because of the checks I have. Anyways, the problem isn't with the answer_ok's. I get past those because it moves the client forward. The problem is sending the character info.
Old 06/19/2011, 20:51   #14

elite*gold: 28
You need to be sending something before that I think, You need to make it so you dont manually send it, Your server should believe its now a legit player thats loggin in, and it should continue the NORMAL login sequence.
Old 06/19/2011, 21:25   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
You need to be sending something before that I think, You need to make it so you dont manually send it, Your server should believe its now a legit player thats loggin in, and it should continue the NORMAL login sequence.
I've got multiple people looking at the source right now =\
It's still hanging on initializing. We can't understand why.
I'm sending both ANSWER_OK messages and it always gets to the 1052 handler. The second ANSWER_OK makes the client move forward to initializing.. but then character info hangs the client.