Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Archlord
You last visited: Today at 18:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Archlord Remake Project

Discussion on Archlord Remake Project within the Archlord forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 02/19/2024, 18:49   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by osiy1996 View Post
I did. It might be useful if you can get it to work. But then again, unless you can find the import/export plugins/tools that the game uses, you will have to write a custom importer/exporter at some point because the game has additional plugins that are not part of the base engine.

For example, for rendering textures, the game has a plugin called MTexture that is basically 1 base texture + two alpha blended textures. Base RenderWare engine will not load this at all.

Same is true for map files. They are packed into a custom file. After unpacking, it is still read by a custom function that at some point calls RenderWare's StreamRead function, which will also trigger custom plugin callbacks.

So unless you have a custom version of RenderWare Studio with all the game plugins included, you will still need to export some parts of the mesh yourself.

I don't have a working version of RenderWare Studio so I don't know if we can rebuild it with game's version of RenderWare SDK, plus all the custom plugins.

Then again, we have all of these plugins available in the client so I think writing an import/export tool on top of client might be the path of least resistance.
Der Export deiner MAP-Dateien ist ein großer Fortschritt und erspart mir eine Menge Arbeit. Beim letzten Mal habe ich alle Kartendaten von privaten Servern extrahiert und dann in 3ds Max wieder zusammengefügt. Anschließend habe ich sie in Segmente unterteilt und als Heightmap exportiert, um sie auf einem Terrain anzuwenden. Mit deiner Export-/Import-Lösung in Blender kann ich die gesamte Welt als eine einzige 3D-Datei zusammenfügen und sie dann als eine große Heightmap exportieren.

Human Worldsection in 3ds Max:

Heute habe ich einen Computer mit Windows XP Pro installiert und aktiviert. Ohne ihn mit dem Internet zu verbinden, muss ich viele Treiber und Software manuell hin- und herkopieren sowie installieren. Ich hoffe sehr, dass alles meinen Erwartungen entspricht.

Genaueres über den Inhalt des RenderWare Studio kann ich erst sagen, wenn ich es installiert habe.

Your export of the MAP files is a significant step forward and saves me a lot of work. Last time, I ripped all map data from private servers and then reconstructed them in 3ds Max. I then divided them into segments and exported them as a heightmap to apply on terrain. With your export/import solution in Blender, I can merge the entire world into a single 3D file and export it as one large heightmap.

Today, I managed to install and activate a computer with Windows XP Pro. Without wanting to connect it to the internet, I have to manually copy and install many drivers and software back and forth. I really hope that everything works according to my expectations.

I can only provide more details about what's included in RenderWare Studio once I have it installed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2024, 14:19   #17

Added a feature to export objects together with terrain.
Result:

You can also export selected object separately. You can set ignore_transform to True in order to import into world origin (in python script). Or clear transform with Alt-G, Alt-R after importing.

In order to merge all terrain into one mesh and get smooth shading:
- Select all terrain objects by selecting one and pressing Shift-G -> Collection.
- Ctrl-J to join.
- Press Tab to go into edit mode, select all, press M -> By Distance, Shift-R to repeat until no new vertices are merged.
- Tab to go back to object mode, right click and shade smooth.

To center everything on origin:
- Select all objects by selecting one, Shift-G -> Collection.
- Hold Shift and click terrain.
- Press Ctrl-P to parent, keep transform. This may take a long time.
- Select terrain, right click, Set Origin -> Origin to Geometry.
- Alt-G to clear transform.

Finally, editor hotkeys generally mimic Blender, so:
- Shift-A to add objects/NPCs.
- G to move, right click to cancel movement.
- Delete to delete selected object/NPC.

So far with the editor, you can:
- Add certain functions to objects/NPCs, such as: setting up portals, refinery, respawn location, bank, dialog, auction, etc.
- Adjust terrain height with height/level tools.
- Texture paint or replace existing textures.
- Set region.
- Block/Unblock areas.
- Set tile types (grass, stone, soil, etc.). This affects the sound that player makes while stepping on the ground (I think?).

When you save, it will save everything where they need to be saved based on your config file. Hopefully.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/24/2024, 20:04   #18

Du hast einmal einen AlefEditor erstellt, mit dem man über das Gelände fliegen konnte. Mit diesem Editor hatte es den Anschein, als könnte ich dort ini für ini die Bereiche durchscrollen. Es wurden gleichgroße quadratische Landschaften angezeigt, was ich super fand. Leider hatte er keine Exportfunktion.

Gibt es eine Liste von Tastenkombinationen zur Verwendung deines aktuellen Editors? Kann man mit einem Klick die gesamte Chantra-Welt als Terrain exportieren und diese in Blender einlesen?

Ich glaube auch, dass Episode 1 im Vergleich zu Episode 3 völlig anders ist. Daher werde ich Episode 1 wahrscheinlich beiseite legen und direkt den neuesten Client zerlegen und verwenden. Ich denke auch, dass die meisten Tools und Programme, die bisher erstellt wurden, ab Episode 3 am besten funktionieren. Zumindest glaube ich das, da ich völlig unterschiedliche Ergebnisse erhalte, wenn ich mit dem Episode 1-Client arbeite.

Du bist ziemlich schnell darin, deine Tools zu erweitern; ich kann nicht so schnell mithalten, um sie zu testen. Mach weiter so, ich schätze deine Arbeit wirklich sehr.

You once created an AlefEditor that allowed flying over the terrain. With this editor, it felt like I could scroll through the areas ini by ini. It displayed equally sized square landscapes, which I found great. Unfortunately, it didn't have an export function.

Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts for using your current new editor? Can the entire Chantra world be exported as terrain with a single click and imported into Blender?

I also believe that Episode 1 is completely different from Episode 3. Therefore, I'll probably set Episode 1 aside and directly dissect and use the latest client. I also think that most tools and programs created so far work best from Episode 3 onwards. At least, that's what I believe, as I get completely different results when working with the Episode 1 client.

You are quite quick in expanding your tools; I can't catch up to test them as fast. Keep up the good work; I really appreciate your efforts.
Old 02/24/2024, 20:22   #19

It's probably possible to export everything in one go with minimal changes. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Old 02/25/2024, 08:48   #20

Quote:
Added a feature to export objects together with terrain.
Result:

You can also export selected object separately. You can set ignore_transform to True in order to import into world origin (in python script). Or clear transform with Alt-G, Alt-R after importing.

In order to merge all terrain into one mesh and get smooth shading:
- Select all terrain objects by selecting one and pressing Shift-G -> Collection.
- Ctrl-J to join.
- Press Tab to go into edit mode, select all, press M -> By Distance, Shift-R to repeat until no new vertices are merged.
- Tab to go back to object mode, right click and shade smooth.

To center everything on origin:
- Select all objects by selecting one, Shift-G -> Collection.
- Hold Shift and click terrain.
- Press Ctrl-P to parent, keep transform. This may take a long time.
- Select terrain, right click, Set Origin -> Origin to Geometry.
- Alt-G to clear transform.

Finally, editor hotkeys generally mimic Blender, so:
- Shift-A to add objects/NPCs.
- G to move, right click to cancel movement.
- Delete to delete selected object/NPC.

So far with the editor, you can:
- Add certain functions to objects/NPCs, such as: setting up portals, refinery, respawn location, bank, dialog, auction, etc.
- Adjust terrain height with height/level tools.
- Texture paint or replace existing textures.
- Set region.
- Block/Unblock areas.
- Set tile types (grass, stone, soil, etc.). This affects the sound that player makes while stepping on the ground (I think?).

When you save, it will save everything where they need to be saved based on your config file. Hopefully.
You work its impressive! Keep the good work!

I succeded to export the map into unity...need some adjustments to the graphic settings..gona give out some screens sooner
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/25/2024, 13:40   #21

You can now export terrain in batches, I'll get around to objects next weekend.

Exports are divided into 16x16 divisions, that is, 256 sectors.
You can import everything into blender with a something like:

If you export (17,17) to (17,33) you'll get a column of sectors like:
Old 02/25/2024, 13:57   #22

Quote:
You can now export terrain in batches, I'll get around to objects next weekend.

Exports are divided into 16x16 divisions, that is, 256 sectors.
You can import everything into blender with a something like:

If you export (17,17) to (17,33) you'll get a column of sectors like:
your last updates to git to the editor seems doesnt let me/us after build to open the editor....
Old 02/25/2024, 14:27   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3css View Post
your last updates to git to the editor seems doesnt let me/us after build to open the editor....
Aside from some changes that has to do with export, there should be no other change, and also nothing that would break the editor.

You can add a few breakpoints in main.cpp to figure out where it's failing to load.
Old 02/26/2024, 08:17   #24

Quote:
Aside from some changes that has to do with export, there should be no other change, and also nothing that would break the editor.

You can add a few breakpoints in main.cpp to figure out where it's failing to load.
Seems github broke the code somehow...added some brake points and found the code its obofuscated in some ways...gonna rewrite it a bit... thanks
Old 03/25/2024, 09:57   #25

ich möchte einen kurzen Statusbericht mit euch teilen. Dank der Hilfe von osiy1996 konnte ich alle Terraindaten als 3D-Objekte zusammenstellen. Diese müssen nun jedoch noch optimiert werden, bevor ich sie in die Unreal Engine integrieren kann. Außerdem ist es mir gelungen, alle Texturen um das Vierfache zu verbessern, ohne ihr Aussehen zu verfälschen.

Nun stehe ich vor der Entscheidung, wie ich die Welt von Chantra gestalten werde. Soll ich die Dungeons als separate Level einsetzen und den Rest als offene Welt belassen? Dadurch entstünde kein Rand, und Spieler könnten von den Orcs oder Mondelfen zu den Menschen gelangen, indem sie nach Osten über das Wasser fliegen oder schwimmen. Oder soll ich alles so belassen, wie es ist, und alles auf eine Fläche setzen? Was meint ihr dazu?

Die Erhaltung von Archlord als Grinding-Game hat oberste Priorität. Dennoch kam mir der Gedanke, das Sammeln und Herstellen im Spiel stärker zu betonen. Was ich damit meine, ist, die Ausrüstung nicht mehr vom Drop der Monster abhängig zu machen, sondern von den Fähigkeiten des Charakters. Wer viel grindet, Gegenstände sammelt und seine Fähigkeiten verbessert, wird am Ende die bessere Ausrüstung haben. Archlord verfügt bereits über Rezepte zur Herstellung von Gegenständen – warum also nicht erweitern und dem Spiel mehr Tiefe verleihen? Wie denkt ihr darüber?

I'd like to share a brief status update with you. Thanks to the assistance of osiy1996, I've been able to compile all terrain data into 3D objects. However, these still need to be optimized before I can integrate them into the Unreal Engine. Additionally, I've managed to enhance all textures fourfold without distorting their appearance.

Now, I'm facing the decision of how to create the world of Chantra. Should I use the dungeons as separate levels and leave the rest as an open world? This would eliminate any edges, allowing players to travel from orcs or moon elves to humans by flying or swimming eastward over the water. Or should I leave everything as it is and place it all on one plane? What are your thoughts on this?

Maintaining Archlord as a Grinding Game remains a top priority. However, I've had the idea of emphasizing gathering and crafting more in the game. What I mean by this is not tying equipment to monster drops but to the character's abilities instead. Those who grind a lot, collect items, and improve their skills will end up with better equipment. Archlord already has crafting recipes – why not expand on this and add more depth to the game? What do you think about this?
Thanks
1 User