Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail!

Discussion on Why 99.8% of PSRO Servers Fail! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 05/16/2014, 06:54   #91

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdik View Post
Oh hai.

You want to know what destroyed silkroad community and turned it into the shit hole it is today?

Answer: Bots.

Bots have slowly but surely sucked the life out of SRO, and it's players. Remember back in the day, when the first botters started to appear, and were ostracized from the community?

That doesn't happen anymore. Over the years people became dependent on a program to play a game for them. Their need to be the highest level, or have the strongest set/weapon began to outweigh their need to actually enjoy the game.

With that in mind, Is anyone really surprised with the current state of the game? When you corrupt the core of an apple, it'll start to decay from the inside-out until it rots away into oblivion.

I may very well be the last person still playing who has never botted on any server.

Why?

Because I refuse to help destroy the game I love.

Now if only more people shared that sentiment, perhaps we could salvage this sinking ship. But alas, I fear it is far too late to save this game.

And that makes me sad.
Ahh Yes.

"Avalon" the legit guild that was against botting in the ISRO server "Venus" during the 90CAP... They were very entertaining, PK'ing Botters and having the same sentimentality as you. I loved the drama they brought to ISRO, they even have they're own website up and running till this very day, unfortunately they no longer play ISRO. (Note: They held FTW 5x consecutively. Till my guild over threw them on the 6th try.)

I do not disagree with you botting has killed to a degree, the essence of enjoying the process. But the enjoyment of the game did not simply disappear, it simply manifested into something else.

Instead of Grind ~ Job ~ Alchemy
Its Bot ~ Job ~ Alchemy

Obviously Joymax did not intend for this to happen but with the type of system it has, the concept of botting was inevitable. They might be banning gold bots to show the community that they "*Wink Wink* Care", but they don't give a flying fuck and the funny thing is they make it blatantly obvious.

It could even be said that the original bots were created by Joymax themselves to increase profit(Conspiracy Theory). If anyone is to blame, it would be Joymax's negligence towards BOT's in the early stages. Which of course is now a natural organic part of Silkroad Online at its present point due to that.

If a business fails, do you blame the customers or the business owner?

And

If you ran into a bank and robbed it at gun point with no chance of failure, would everyone else be willing to take that risk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doge4president View Post
all about the doge's.
^
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/16/2014, 12:22   #92

Interesting thread, since I have played some pServers, as well as iSRO i would like to share my opinion.
Ofcourse its the teams task to promote their server well, advertising, building up excitement and launching at the right moment, those are very important things. If from that point on, you can keep your promisis, stable server, working features etc you have a good chance.

On the other hand, the SRO community ALWAYS has something to complain at. No matter how clear and good everything is, there will always be comments like: Low rate bb server, boring server, low cap bb.. And these comments create a chain, people leave server -> more people leave -> noone want to join because not much players.
Most of all, people do not only complain, they dont know what Silkroad is anymore, i mean, if you are asking for free silks (wtf) or asking for unique events or w/e you clearly do not understand sro. On the other hand I do encourage less pay 2 win (no tradeable silk items is a good start).

And finally, if your server is good, stick to it. Dont get extracted by other ppl leaving, they have a big mouth but most of the time small *****.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2014, 22:50   #93

I think that someone have listened & read the comments in this thread
You should check this out guys:
Old 05/18/2014, 20:01   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xX View Post
I think that someone have listened & read the comments in this thread
You should check this out guys:
This is not some advertising thread.
HammerSRO... ***.
Old 05/18/2014, 23:52   #95

I found a decent server,it's almost as perfect as I could hope.Maybe the owners actually read some posts in this thread and helped them create a decent server.
Old 05/21/2014, 19:49   #96

Bots and Euro Class destroyed Silkroad.
Was a West Game, and they implant a "Commercial type". Fine.

See:

Mu Online has the same problem with "Stolen Game Server Files"
But people was smart to continue earn more players (a.k.a. money).
They implemented the "Reset system".
In Silkroad, it's the same, people. "Rebirth system" is the unique way.
We can separe two server types:
1. PVP: Born with Max Lvl, with equip in NPC. Live for Alchemy.
2. PVE. Start from 0, but we will give cool experience ratio to you continue playing. Kill monsters, use bot, have fun with your Max Level. Live for Alchemy.

Now, a advice for who wanna make server: In simple words:
Spot Monsters, Reset points, NO EURO if possible. Silk for grab pet, avatar and reverse.

Thanks =)
Old 05/25/2014, 00:54   #97

It's true. Most of them are opening, lasting for 3 months and canceling their projects again.
Why? Lack of intrest and co. Extreme-High Rates, less of management, botters heaven, corrupted usage (giving players items, which they shouldn't have and leave others empty).

I, for my case, still running a PvE server. Just because, I played iSRO till lv 77, used a bot afterwards hitting lv 65. It was freaking boring, was always afraid being banned (which obviously never happened ... paid for silk), wasn't really enjoying iSRO.

Not the same for my Server. x20 rates, decent drops, non bugs, removed gambling **** like gacha/magic pop, no custom bullshit like NPCs full of SoX (which has been requested by players ... whom obviously tried to bot on my server, without success), arabia content, mobs and bosses. And much more. Just the regular standard **** as SilkRoad meant to be. Just waiting for the release of the Lv 131 area between east arabia and west of Roc Mt. (the old path, few of you would remember "Lost Town").
Old 05/25/2014, 07:56   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
It's true. Most of them are opening, lasting for 3 months and canceling their projects again.
Why? Lack of intrest and co. Extreme-High Rates, less of management, botters heaven, corrupted usage (giving players items, which they shouldn't have and leave others empty).

I, for my case, still running a PvE server. Just because, I played iSRO till lv 77, used a bot afterwards hitting lv 65. It was freaking boring, was always afraid being banned (which obviously never happened ... paid for silk), wasn't really enjoying iSRO.

Not the same for my Server. x20 rates, decent drops, non bugs, removed gambling **** like gacha/magic pop, no custom bullshit like NPCs full of SoX (which has been requested by players ... whom obviously tried to bot on my server, without success), arabia content, mobs and bosses. And much more. Just the regular standard **** as SilkRoad meant to be. Just waiting for the release of the Lv 131 area between east arabia and west of Roc Mt. (the old path, few of you would remember "Lost Town").
I think they run servers for 3 months and they close it is because there isn't enough money to keep that server online since players don't give any donations.
Old 05/25/2014, 18:48   #99

Hello its been a while i did not play sro and i see all these servers and none of them have at least 200 players + .
I remember back in 2009 when i played isro , Ecsro, it was alot of fun becouse you had players to pvp withNowdays all i see in servers its full turkish party with full sos and shi.t killing everyone .
If I would make a pvp server it would be like this :

1.Every player equal ! And the main point is wining in FW and events GW and lots of events where you can win Avatars mp/hp potions, stuff wich will not influence chars dmg/def(maybe some blues) and premium only for login advantage ,the most powerfull char should be only +7FB.
2.No any kind of sos,som,son etc, and max + is +7.Weapon elixirs from quest only .
3.Stabilize Euro and China or sperate them.
4. Change the icons of skills, modify carefully skills,
5.Bring jobbing back to life, organize massive trades.
6.GM should not be speaking directly to players(There should be a player support tab at the main site)
7.Start with lvl 80 (its boring..to keep lvl and most of us dont have time)
8.Max level i would personaly prefer its 105 with 10deggre wich I personaly think its the best
9.No botting, 80-105 should be fast quest based (1-2 hours for about 2 days)
10.Theres no need for huge maps , only players rated one .

I would definitely play on this kind of server with my friends .
(Sorry if my english is bad )
And i know that isro its fu.cked up to , I personaly think 1-10deggre was the best
Good luck .