Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Mabinogi
You last visited: Today at 19:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Ideas] Editting the Values of Dye Selections

Discussion on [Ideas] Editting the Values of Dye Selections within the Mabinogi forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Ideas] Editting the Values of Dye Selections

I have been working on trying to find a way to make any fixed dye into a specific color (taking cheap ones and making them black or red for instance). I tried changing the colors.xml (stores all the fixed dye colors) to a single color, that was a no-go it seemed. I have also tried changing the values of the color currently selected in the dye palette on regular dyes (I tried search the hex color value as well as decimal, neither seemed to work). I was just wondering if anyone else has had more success than I, just so I know if I am heading down the right path.

Sorry for posting a new thread, I didn't want to necro the old dye mod discussion, it seemed like it was turning into a war zone towards the end.
Old 10/11/2009, 20:39   #2

Its weird that I didnt think of that yet. o.o

I'll play around with CE, lets see what happens.
Old 10/11/2009, 20:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raccoon View Post
Its weird that I didnt think of that yet. o.o

I'll play around with CE, lets see what happens.
Good to know that I am capable of thinking outside of the box. I was feeling a bit 'cubed' about this idea.
Old 10/12/2009, 00:25   #4

tried that myself too, but it seems server-sided

never did try CE tho...wont work i guess, or it'd become the original color
Old 10/12/2009, 00:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudkiller2006 View Post
tried that myself too, but it seems server-sided

never did try CE tho...wont work i guess, or it'd become the original color
Only the randomized generation of the Dye Palette is server side, that is why you CHOOSE the colors off it in your client, then hit the button to dye whatever it is you're dying (I am referring to Regular Dyes, not Fixed). So I assume the colors would still most likely have to be from the original palette, but this could take the pain out of needing more than one dye per part.
Old 10/12/2009, 01:22   #6

Alright, for now I managed to change the color of the dye, but when I used it, the Clothes still got the original Color.

I'll keep looking.
Old 10/12/2009, 01:36   #7

Quote:
Alright, for now I managed to change the color of the dye, but when I used it, the Clothes still got the original Color.

I'll keep looking.
Are you talking about changing the fixed dye?
Old 10/12/2009, 01:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawk0r View Post
Are you talking about changing the fixed dye?
Mhm.

I wonder if the Color-Hack is serversided, in that case you could pretend selling a pure black dye when your actually selling an orange one, stuff like that...
Old 10/12/2009, 01:51   #9

Quote:
Mhm.

I wonder if the Color-Hack is serversided, in that case you could pretend selling a pure black dye when your actually selling an orange one, stuff like that...
If you need any help working on things in game, I am on the Tarlach server, and am willing to assist. I am more hoping to find a way to change the values while choosing colors. Example: You use dyelite to get the color codes, click so timer pauses, search, lather rinse repeat to find them all. Once found, lock them all to a color on the current dye palette, then start dying.
Old 10/12/2009, 01:54   #10

I've tried a bit with itemdb.xml, of course, no luck.

The way I suspect that minigame is played, though, the game generates 1 coordinate, and sends that one coordinate to the server, which picks the other 4 based on the one and randomly selects one to be the dyed color.

The reason why I think that is because I am yet to hear about any mods overseas that have been able to accomplish the type of result that you seem to be looking for.
Old 10/12/2009, 02:05   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmage333 View Post
I've tried a bit with itemdb.xml, of course, no luck.

The way I suspect that minigame is played, though, the game generates 1 coordinate, and sends that one coordinate to the server, which picks the other 4 based on the one and randomly selects one to be the dyed color.

The reason why I think that is because I am yet to hear about any mods overseas that have been able to accomplish the type of result that you seem to be looking for.
I have never tried looking at it that way. If that is the case, I am sure you might be able to adjust how far away the cursors are from each other and change them so they line up the way you want. Of course this would take a lot of time every time you wanted to do this (take screenshot with mouse hovering over location, click, figure out location on the 100x100px palette, figure out spacing for other four cursors (X,Y from cursor #1). Example: Cursor #1 is 56,12; Cursor #2 is -15,9 away from cursor #1
Old 10/12/2009, 02:07   #12

Quote:
I have never tried looking at it that way. If that is the case, I am sure you might be able to adjust how far away the cursors are from each other and change them so they line up the way you want. Of course this would take a lot of time every time you wanted to do this (take screenshot with mouse hovering over location, click, figure out location on the 100x100px palette, figure out spacing for other four cursors (X,Y from cursor #1). Example: Cursor #1 is 56,12; Cursor #2 is -15,9 away from cursor #1
Really, this depends on how the server handles it. The more data you send the server, the more you have to modify. If you only send 1 coordinate, then you're a little screwed. If you send 1 and then 4 deltas, then you can do that, but any self-respecting programmer should be shot for writing something that works like that.

Could you maybe look inside the packet(s) sent when dying to see what data is sent? That can help determine what is and is not feasible.
Old 10/12/2009, 02:13   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmage333 View Post
Could you maybe look inside the packet(s) sent when dying to see what data is sent? That can help determine what is and is not feasible.
I can try next time I get my hands on a dye, currently short on cash, just bought a Valencia Set
Old 10/12/2009, 03:25   #14

Quote:
I can try next time I get my hands on a dye, currently short on cash, just bought a Valencia Set
Whats your Nick?

Im on Tarlach and I should have just about enough money left to buy a fixed dye.
Old 10/12/2009, 03:27   #15

Quote:
Whats your Nick?

Im on Tarlach and I should have just about enough money left to buy a fixed dye.
I thought we were talking about Regular Dyes? I might be getting some money shortly and we will see what happens with the dye
Closed Thread